2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Man, someone needs to get Pavel on Twitter.

I have long pined for a Pasha twitter Acct.

He answered a few fan questions recently through Mike Commodore's account.

Here is #Pavel...

Thank you for nice questions....

RT @azatwnawa: @commie22 #askpavel what he likes to do on a day off?

My perfect day, go up north, ski in morning, snowmobile in afternoon...then have nice dinner with 1 nice glass of red wine...when I am in..

Detroit..good breakfast..play tennis only on clay court..go to my office in my house and read good Russian book..then maybe in evening..

I call and ask Mike Commodore for good movie then watch different one.

RT @DTownWingNut: @commie22 #askpavel what he misses most about living in Russia.

One word answer that question... #party !!!! :) :) :) :)

Was easy question so i answer one more

RT @Geetar06: @commie22 how about what's the best concert he's ever seen? #operaman

I love to go to Vegas and watch Cirque de Soleil shows. My favorite Cirque de Soleil show is Beetles. I like to go watch lots of...

Different musicals too.

Thank you for questions. #pavelgone

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Datsyuk's a beast. One of my favorite players, and I hate the Wings.

He's kinda like today's Paul Kariya. Great player, but just a level under the best players in the league. Kariya had Lemieux, Jagr, Sakic, Lindros, etc. Datsyuk has Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin (when he's on top of his game).

This post pissed me off, which is a shame because you started off so well, since Paul Kariya was my favorite hockey player growing up (tied with Steve Yzerman).

1) The only thing Kariya had on Datsyuk was speed. Outside of that, Datsyuk is in another class.

2) While I agree that Kariya was a second-class star (even on his own team with Selanne), how the hell do you put Eric Lindros in the same class as Lemieux and Sakic? Ever hear of players named Yzerman, Forsberg, or even Messier (since you're a Rangers fan). I was going to object somewhat to Jagr, but Lindros? I'd take Kariya and his concussed head over Lindros and his any day of the week.

3) I don't know what league you've been watching, but Datsyuk is a Top 3 NHL player right now. He's flat-out better than Stamkos, he's more durable than Crosby, and he's a more complete player than both Malkin and Ovechkin (from an all-around perspective, not just offensive point of view). He was the #1 pick in the NHL All Star Draft this year, above all those guys you just listed (even though I hate using an All Star Game in this argument...) Now, if you wanted to argue that he will never get the notoriety for being one of the league's best, then I would agree with you... but saying he's not on the same level as Steve Stamkos is moronic.

Oh, and for kicks and giggles... I'm glad they're not in the same class. :rolleyes:

Datsyuk's a beast. One of my favorite players, and I hate the Wings.

He's kinda like today's Paul Kariya. Great player, but just a level under the "best" players in the league. Kariya had Lemieux, Jagr, Sakic, Lindros, etc. Datsyuk has Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin (when he's on top of his game).

This post pissed me off, which is a shame because you started off so well, since Paul Kariya was my favorite hockey player growing up (tied with Steve Yzerman).

1) The only thing Kariya had on Datsyuk was speed. Outside of that, Datsyuk is in another class.

2) While I agree that Kariya was a second-class star (even on his own team with Selanne), how the hell do you put Eric Lindros in the same class as Lemieux and Sakic? Ever hear of players named Yzerman, Forsberg, or even Messier (since you're a Rangers fan). I was going to object somewhat to Jagr, but Lindros? I'd take Kariya and his concussed head over Lindros and his any day of the week.

3) I don't know what league you've been watching, but Datsyuk is a Top 3 NHL player right now. He's flat-out better than Stamkos, he's more durable than Crosby, and he's a more complete player than both Malkin and Ovechkin (from an all-around perspective, not just offensive point of view). He was the #1 pick in the NHL All Star Draft this year, above all those guys you just listed (even though I hate using an All Star Game in this argument...) Now, if you wanted to argue that he will never get the notoriety for being one of the league's best, then I would agree with you... but saying he's not on the same level as Steve Stamkos is moronic.

Oh, and for kicks and giggles... I'm glad they're not in the same class. :rolleyes:

1) I agree.

2) I realize that Lindros is no where near Mario or Sakic, I was simply listing some Hart Trophy winners. You have to admit Lindros was very good (when healthy) from 93-99. Even though he was injured, his PPG average was very good. I was just simply listing names, not a big deal. I could've named anybody, it doesn't really matter. (FYI, I'm not really a Rangers fan, it's just a bandwagon avatar)

3) I was basically naming guys who get more hype than Datsyuk, just like Kariya didn't get the same hype as Lemieux, etc. The whole Kariya to Datsyuk comparison was based on the fact that they both don't really get the same hype as some other guys in the league. Both are Lady Byng winners, etc. ... and I wouldn't say Datsyuk is flat-out better than Stamkos. Stamkos is leading the league in goals by like 8 goals, which is pretty good. Datsyuk is better defensively and is a better playmaker, but that doesn't make him flat-out better. Also, in 09-10, Stamkos outscored Datsyuk by 25 points....

That all star game argument is kind of stupid. Crosby's out for one thing, and the order of the draft really doesn't matter. Erik Karlsson got picked right after Datsyuk, does that make him the 2nd best player in the league? The captains pick who they want for an exhibition game.

Anyways, do you know what really pisses me off? Well, I just went on the Red Wings website, and they have a question that asks how many times the Wings have won back-to-back Cups, and nearly half said 2 times! :rolleyes: Jesus christ, even if you didn't know, you could look that up.

I call and ask Mike Commodore for good movie then watch different one.

haha. The only team I dislike more than the Red Wings are any Pacific Divisional - order is pretty self explanatory. But I can't deny that Pavel is one of the best I've seen.

Anyone else think Dominic Moore kind of looks like Robert Carlyle - might just be me, I've had a lot of sugar lately. Which reminds me he plays his roles in Once Upon A Time brilliantly.

Anyway, the Sharks are look quite pathetic lately. They have spurts and can score extremely fast, but their play all around is inconsistent, and basically blows - saw a lot players standing around watching the puck. In addition a continuous problem -

not getting the puck out of their zone While some of it is the opponent this problem has been a thorn in the Sharks side for the last few years. It doesn't seem to matter the different players, the same issues continue to arise - they seem to correct it every few games, but then it returns for a while - then it's corrected for a few games the pattern doesn't seem to stop. I don't know if it's the Coaching staff not explaining it well enough or players not executing or a little of both. The Sharks against the Hurricanes kept trying the stretch pass - except for a few occasions it wasn't there. The Sharks showed up in the third period, but they were fortunate to only lose by one. The Sharks need to get it together in a hurry. I don't care who's injured or not able to go - if the coach tells you to play - you play - young guys, rookies, vets, etc.

Wings are just straight up disgustingly good right now, still a pretty poor road record though. Not like it matters a ton right this second, come playoff time though could be a problem.

That's been the case with many teams, the NHL's elite have played well, but so far most of them have gone through losing droughts, now Boston's doing the losing.

Detroit's tied for 6th in most road victories.

It may not be that much of a problem if Detroit's got home-ice advantage in every series....

*turns on Blackhawks/Blue Jackets*

*stares at screen blankly*

*turns off Blackhawks/Blue Jackets*

edit:

*turns on blackhawks/bluejackets hesitantly*

*puts down gun*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, that dreaded east coast hockey media just thinks the whole world revolves around Columbus, Ohio. I still haven't forgiven Versus for their 2008 documentary miniseries Foote off the Gas: The End of an Era.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Media bias for a team from Columbus and against a team from Los Angeles? Riiiiiggghhhttt.

2.29 / .916 for a rookie goalie to lead his team to the playoffs is pretty damn good. Doughty was 6/21/27 with a -17 on a 79 point team.

Mason was one hell of a goalie that year. Until Detroit finally wrote the book on how to beat him, and ever since, he's not gotten it back.

Also, Mason was yelling at a 'Hawks fan in the stands, not Richards. Or so says Jackets beat writer Aaron Portzline.

6fQjS3M.png

We see now that Mason was merely a new goalie who had gone unsolved, and a product of a Hitchcock system that minimized risk at all costs. Obviously Doughty is the better player, but within the context of that season, he was the rookie of the year. Not sure how "the media" had anything to do with this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bolts Lightning traded Kubina for...a second and a fifth. Glad to see that last year wasn't an anomaly and that they're serious contenders now.

Oh, and I was really pissed when the Leafs lost out on Richards. Well...

Brad Richards: 56 GP / 17G / 22A / 39 P / -1 / $6 666 667

Tyler Bozak: 49 GP / 13G / 22A / 35 P / +20 / $1 500 000

Yeah, sure Bozak rides Kessel and Lupul's coattails. But Richards definitely doesn't have a lack of talent around him.

Just sayin'.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

About to head to Staples to see the Flames (for the first time) vs. the Kings.

My prediction is either 2-1 Flames (SO), or 4-2 Kings.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived