2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

bruinscollapse.jpg

Fixed that for you.

me-gusta.jpg

I cannot believe the amount of Canuck fans here that still hold grudges about the Bruins. You lost. Big deal. Get the :censored: over it.

Easy for you to say, your team didn't lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. One does not simply get over a loss like that.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet you give blackhawks fans :censored: for being irate over the van/chi series last year...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

bruinscollapse.jpg

Fixed that for you.

me-gusta.jpg

I cannot believe the amount of Canuck fans here that still hold grudges about the Bruins. You lost. Big deal. Get the :censored: over it.

Easy for you to say, your team didn't lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. One does not simply get over a loss like that.

But wasn't reducing your Central Business District to ashes at least slightly cathartic?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But wasn't reducing your Central Business District to ashes at least slightly cathartic?

Hey now, those riots weren't started by real Vancouver fans! They only jumped in because everyone else was doing it.

bruinscollapse.jpg

Fixed that for you.

me-gusta.jpg

Not to be a dick but over the last decade we did not see: Devil, Mighty Duck, Flame, Oiler or even Red Wing fans act the way Canuck fans did after a Game 7 SCF loss.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Not to be a dick but over the last decade we did not see: Devil, Mighty Duck, Flame, Oiler or even Red Wing fans act the way Canuck fans did after a Game 7 SCF loss.

neither did the sabre fans after the game 6 loss to the stars and they of all teams have a right to be pissed.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I understand, I'm still ticked about lots of sports losses.

But why is the grudge against the Bruins?

It's not like they have been the Canucks' heated rival for decades.

I mean, I hate the Lakers, but I'm not mad at them for winning game 7 in 2010 over the Celtics.

I'm miffed at the Celts for sleepwalking through game 6 and playing a terrible 4th quarter in game 7.

I'd think you'd be miffed at the Canucks for not setting a game 7 tone at home, or not scoring a goal.

Maybe that's just me.

sig-1.png

Winning at Pittsburgh was one thing, since Bruce Boudreau owns the Pens in the regular season no matter what team he coaches, but marching into Florida, in front of 10,000 screaming Red Wings fans who hate the Ducks? Impressive.

Winning at Pittsburgh was one thing, since Bruce Boudreau owns the Pens in the regular season no matter what team he coaches, but marching into Florida, in front of 10,000 screaming Red Wings fans who hate the Ducks? Impressive.

With the way he has righted the Ducks' season, if he hasn't already, it is time for Boudreau to be part of GEICO commercials out there. :P

Ty Conklin is on waivers.

On behalf of GM Ray Shero I'm filing a claim to bring him to the Pens.

Seconded. I love Johnny as much as the next guy, but he has really been stinking up his starts lately. We need a backup we can rely on to get some pressure off of Fleury (who despite what people say I think isn't having all that great of a season himself. The offense has really been bailing him out, then again his defense has a tendency to break down every few games...)

oBIgzrL.png

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/blackhawks-voted-no-1-team-youd-like-to-play-for-by-nhl-players/

The Chicago Blackhawks were voted the No. 1 ?Team You?d Like To Play For? in an NHL player poll conducted jointly by the NHL Players? Association and CBC?s ?Hockey Night In Canada?.

The Blackhawks received 14 percent of the vote, just ahead of the Detroit Red Wings? 13 percent and the Boston Bruins? 11 percent. The Toronto Maple Leafs received eight percent of the vote, while the Montreal Canadiens received six percent and the Tampa Bay Lightning received five percent.

In other parts of the poll, head coach Joel Quenneville was ranked the No. 2 ?Coach You?d Like To Play For?, the United Center was ranked No. 1 in ?Favorite Rink To Play In? and Duncan Keith was ranked No. 4 in ?Best Skater?.

Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews was ranked No. 3 in ?Best Role Model?, No. 4 in ?Smartest Player? and No. 5 in ?Most Difficult To Play Against?.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but I will anyways.

Vancouver named most overrated team. Toronto, Washington, NY Rangers, Ottawa and Pittsburgh followed.

St Louis was named most underrated. Nashville, Ottawa, Florida, NY Islanders and Toronto followed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Watching highlights of the Florida game the other night. What's with the weird display?

Screenshot2012-02-16at10550PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I believe it's the arena camera. There was a game last week where neither they nor the home team had a broadcast so NHL gamecenter uses his in-arena camera and the radio feed for their "broadcast".

I believe it's the arena camera. There was a game last week where neither they nor the home team had a broadcast so NHL gamecenter uses his in-arena camera and the radio feed for their "broadcast".

Yep. I knew this all-too-well from having to watch Thrashers-Hurricanes games on these feeds whenever the local Fox Sports affiliates just said "Eh, let's show Vandy-Middle Tennesee State. women's basketball instead of this NHL game."

Archived