2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

No, because an expansion roster would be composed of the worst extant players in the league + players who weren't good enough to be in the league. Organizationally, they're a pseudo-expansion team, having purged everything about the Thrashers organization but the NHL-ready roster.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now theyre mostly comprised of borderline NHLers and guys who are/were being rushed to the NHL, and this is better? The only decent guys on that team are Kane, Ladd, Pavelec...and thats it. Buf only if they moved him back to forward.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This is better because there's not going to be an expansion. They'll be able to build the team from the ground up while having an NHL roster. Best of both worlds.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think Johnny Oduya would rather be in Atlanta right now, directly responsible for both of the Habs goals.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I'm not debating the fact whether the NHL should expand or not, what I'm saying is a roster filled with expansion draft picks plus free agents might be a better product to watch for the fine folks of Winnipeg than the Atlanta Thrashers, that is all.

The Thrashers were competitive until about February. It was revealed after the fact that Thrashers players were notified that their team's departure was all but finalized... in February.

This team has a legit shot to compete for a 7 or 8. An expansion club could hope and pray for 13 or 14.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Thrashers were competitive until about February. It was revealed after the fact that Thrashers players were notified that their team's departure was all but finalized... in February.

This team has a legit shot to compete for a 7 or 8. An expansion club could hope and pray for 13 or 14.

And just like last year, that's if everything goes right and a few things go wrong for other teams. I mean, it's not the worst team...but it's still a ways away from contending for anything important.

Unfortunate footnote to last night's Wild win: Pierre-Marc Bouchard suspended for two games.

Can't wait for the Shanaban video!

On a side note, why do the Islanders play noon games (technically 1 ET games)? I know its Columbus Day and all, but who celebrates with noon games and who celebrates Columbus Day anyway?

Not the Native Americans, that's for sure.

As I understand, it's a big holiday for Italian-Americans (Columbus being Italian and all), at least in some parts of the country.

Of course, tomorrow is also Canada's Thanksgiving Day.

CCSLC signature.png

Oh so after one game we can start planning for April. Think realistically damnit. "Oh boy, they're still the Thrashers" Just shut up about it, the Thrashers were run by idiots like Don Waddell. These are the Jets, a much smarter organization.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived