2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Attendance reports from Tuesday night's action:

Columbus: 10,833

Winnipeg: 10,505

Dallas: 10,175

The important thing to note here is that Winnipeg's number wasn't for a game - it was for a Jets intrasquad skills competition. Also, Winnipeg's number was butts-in-seats, whereas the other two are likely "wouldn't it be nice if this many people really showed up."

Speaking of which, looking at the Caps game tonight against Winnipeg, I don't think I see one empty seat tonight.

The best part was who attended: Pat :censored: Sajak!

He's got season tickets for the Caps if I'm not mistaken

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance reports from Tuesday night's action:

Columbus: 10,833

Winnipeg: 10,505

Dallas: 10,175

The important thing to note here is that Winnipeg's number wasn't for a game - it was for a Jets intrasquad skills competition. Also, Winnipeg's number was butts-in-seats, whereas the other two are likely "wouldn't it be nice if this many people really showed up."

Speaking of which, looking at the Caps game tonight against Winnipeg, I don't think I see one empty seat tonight.

The best part was who attended: Pat :censored: Sajak!

He's got season tickets for the Caps if I'm not mistaken

Yes he does, he followed us to Winnipeg and he was going to take in a game in Calgary tonight (?) and then meet up with us again in Toronto Saturday night.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Might be a challenge winning at MTS Centre this year.

Jets just beat the Lightning, Caps, and Flyers fairly solidly in the last few days.

The Jets problem is going to be all the extra travel playing in the Southeast Division. Playing at home should be a big boost all year for them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jets just beat the Lightning, Caps, and Flyers fairly solidly in the last few days.

That's actually not surprising. The Zombie Thrashers have had both of those teams' numbers over the past couple of years.

Caps are stinking up the joint. This is embarrassing. It took 8 nearly half the game to get a shot attempt and a shot on goal.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That's actually not surprising. The Zombie Thrashers have had both of those teams' numbers over the past couple of years.

This is true. I believe Atlantapeg has won something like nine of their last ten games against the Flyers, including five straight in Philly.

Given that Philly is generally a good team and Atlantapeg is generally a bad team, it's a very odd statistic.

spacer.png

They were playing Nickelback's "Next Go Round" during a stoppage of play at the Leafs game. Wow (the song is literally about screwing someone for as long as you physically can).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Jets problem is going to be all the extra travel playing in the Southeast Division. Playing at home should be a big boost all year for them.

I saw somewhere--I want to say Nashville's SBNation blog--that the Jets don't have appreciably more travel miles than the Thrashers did last year, or other teams do this year. Not sure how they managed that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I saw somewhere--I want to say Nashville's SBNation blog--that the Jets don't have appreciably more travel miles than the Thrashers did last year, or other teams do this year. Not sure how they managed that.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/6/23/2240779/nhl-travel-miles-by-team-super-schedule

Winnipeg's Fortune

I was stunned to see how reasonable Winnipeg's travel mileage comes out, given their remote location relative to their Southeast Division rivals. The key here is the reduced number of one-game trips that they'll make this year (down to 8 from 16 in 2010-11). When they head east, they'll tend to knock out several games at once, which makes a tremendous difference in their overall mileage.

The Vancouver Canucks, too, benefit from such a trend, only having 2 one-game trips this season, which helps reduce their travel distance by almost 10%.

spacer.png

They're condensing a lot of their road games to singular trips. Each time they play the Panthers and Lightning this season in Florida, they're being put on one trip instead of two.

Also, if I remember correctly, the Thrashers made 6 singular visits to New York City to play the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders last year. This year, the Jets already played those three in one fell swoop.

The Blue Jackets just won a game in Nashville for the first time since April 3, 2006.

What was I doing on April 3, 2006? I was a senior in high school, waiting for my mediocre high school baseball career to end, doing the bare minimum in all my classes (senioritis), spending a lot of time with my future prom date, and being a general slothy 18 year old. Also I was on this site a lot and about 30 pounds lighter.

Since then: I've gone to college, graduated from college, got a job, moved 3 times, got a girlfriend, dated her for 4 years, broke up with her, gained 50 pounds, lost 20 pounds, changed jobs, about to change jobs for the 3rd time, and move once again.

That's just silliness. It's Nashville, not the thunderdome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Blue Jackets just won a game in Nashville for the first time since April 3, 2006.

What was I doing on April 3, 2006? I was a senior in high school, waiting for my mediocre high school baseball career to end, doing the bare minimum in all my classes (senioritis), spending a lot of time with my future prom date, and being a general slothy 18 year old. Also I was on this site a lot and about 30 pounds lighter.

Since then: I've gone to college, graduated from college, got a job, moved 3 times, got a girlfriend, dated her for 4 years, broke up with her, changed jobs, about to change jobs for the 3rd time, and move once again.

That's just silliness. It's Nashville, not the thunderdome.

What was I doing on April 3, 2006? I was a 5th grader, waiting for the year to end so that I could go to the new school I was getting redistricted to. I had just gotten done finishing runner up in the rec basketball league, the only things I knew about girls were from 5th grade sex ed, and I had started to draw stadiums on graph paper. I didn't know this site existed.

Since then: I've learned more about females (read: a lot), discovered this site, moved three times, got a girlfriend, still dating her over 2.5 years later, entered high school, played in the Indiana state basketball tournament, of Hoosiers lore.

#victorycreamsoda time. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Whatever this is tonight, it is not hockey. I blame Nickelback.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Blaming Nickelback is always the best.

Last two days combined.

Alberta 13

Chicago 4

EDIT: 14

Reminds me of the Flames and Oilers both getting killed a couple years ago on the same night. to some disgusting combined score like 18-2 or something like that.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived