NFL Timeline Super Bowl Commercial

hockey week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jmvaoHZTV4

I was really impressed by this commercial, that started off with the Canton Bulldogs, has really early Giants, Packers, Eagles, Rams, and so on. I was wondering if some of the bigger early-football uniform buffs could confirm that those looks were correct (the camera angles make most of those certainly look re-created, so that means they had to put effort into it). Thoughts?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Not sure how accurate the Packers uniforms were at 0:23 (I don't think the helmets or pants had stripes... :paging Gothamite: :D), but I honestly wouldn't care if they wore throwbacks based on that look because that shade of gold is gorgeous!

It looks like they have Deion Sanders in a red and black Falcons uniform with white pants. I may be wrong, but I don't think Deion played for the Falcons in those uniforms. He wore the black and grey uniforms.

I was thinking about that too as I saw it. I don't think he wore that uniform, either.

Even still, such a cool commercial. Really enjoyed watching it, I love timeline commercials like those.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It looks like they have Deion Sanders in a red and black Falcons uniform with white pants. I may be wrong, but I don't think Deion played for the Falcons in those uniforms. He wore the black and grey uniforms.

I was thinking about that too as I saw it. I don't think he wore that uniform, either.

Even still, such a cool commercial. Really enjoyed watching it, I love timeline commercials like those.

Deion had one season in the red helmet, red jerseys (1989). But the Falcons wore silver pants with that set, and after viewing it again, it looks like silver pants in the commercial.

The biggest flaw is Devin Hester playing against the Vikings in the Vikes' late 90s/early 2000s set. Hester was drafted in 2006, the year the Vikings switched to their current set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the LA Rams should still be in navy and white in the era depicted, not navy and yellow. Also, the Cowboys in the Denver clip were wearing royal blue standard full block numbers, while the clip of Landry on the sidelines showed the navy serifed numbers that the Cowboys wore in the 1970s.

Deion had one season in the red helmet, red jerseys (1989). But the Falcons wore silver pants with that set, and after viewing it again, it looks like silver pants in the commercial.

The biggest flaw is Devin Hester playing against the Vikings in the Vikes' late 90s/early 2000s set. Hester was drafted in 2006, the year the Vikings switched to their current set.

That was the first thing I noticed too. Also, that game is supposed to represent the 2000's, which would be fine uniform wise, but then the commercial ends there, so it gives the impression that it is current. They should have ended with a current matchup for the 2010's.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the LA Rams should still be in navy and white in the era depicted, not navy and yellow. Also, the Cowboys in the Denver clip were wearing royal blue standard full block numbers, while the clip of Landry on the sidelines showed the navy serifed numbers that the Cowboys wore in the 1970s.

Are you sure? they only wore blue and white for a few years, from late 60s to early 1973.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jmvaoHZTV4

I was really impressed by this commercial, that started off with the Canton Bulldogs, has really early Giants, Packers, Eagles, Rams, and so on. I was wondering if some of the bigger early-football uniform buffs could confirm that those looks were correct (the camera angles make most of those certainly look re-created, so that means they had to put effort into it). Thoughts?

whatever flaws maybe, this is probably one of my all time favorite commercials.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

FLAW: During the final part of clip featuring "present day" Devin Hester, the Vikings players are wearing uniforms from the 1990s.

The Vikings logo is on the sleeve, therefore the uniforms are from the late 90s.

And other people have noticed it as well in this thread. ^^^^^^ :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FLAW: During the final part of clip featuring "present day" Devin Hester, the Vikings players are wearing uniforms from the 1990s.

The Vikings logo is on the sleeve, therefore the uniforms are from the late 90s.

And other people have noticed it as well in this thread. ^^^^^^ :D

*scrolls up*

Ahhhh.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived