NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

It took my five years to realize Phoenix doesn't have the hem stripes on their jerseys....

It's ok, because the city still does not realize it has an NHL franchise :P

nice post buddy. nice post. if i have it my way, the nordiques will be back in the NHL.

Well at least PHX can sell out a playoff game, look at the empty seats in Florida. YIKES! How does the NHL feel about having two Canadian teams in the South East division?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took my five years to realize Phoenix doesn't have the hem stripes on their jerseys....

nice post buddy. nice post. if i have it my way, the nordiques will be back in the NHL.

Well at least PHX can sell out a playoff game, look at the empty seats in Florida. YIKES! How does the NHL feel about having two Canadian teams in the South East division?

The Panthers aren't leaving anytime soon. The difference between them and Phoenix is that Florida has decent ownership. About the empty seats, the Heat are playing at home tonight so that probably takes away more than a few fans.

The Panthers aren't leaving anytime soon. The difference between them and Phoenix is that Florida has decent ownership. About the empty seats, the Heat are playing at home tonight so that probably takes away more than a few fans.

Atlanta had "good ownership"...

Actually no they didn't. They couldn't had cared less about the Thrashers. They were more interested in basketball.

How far is Sunrise from Miami? I know about the "Florida Panther" cat, but with Tampa in the league, the Panthers should be the Miami Panthers.

Kinda OT, but the one thing holding the Bruins back from having the best set in the league (other than the oxymoron of an Edge-ified throwback) is the over-outlining on the NOB and numbers. Black-gold and gold-white is all they need, not this double-outline nonesense.

As a Bruins fan, that doesn't really bother me, but I do agree that removing the outline would be a good move.

At least the Bruins have traditional block numbers with outlining and not the cheap crap the Canucks use.

How far is Sunrise from Miami? I know about the "Florida Panther" cat, but with Tampa in the league, the Panthers should be the Miami Panthers.

Really far away. Like the first sign of civilization (if you look towards your left) emerging from the Everglades (if you are using Interstate 75).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=BankAtlantic+Center,+Sunrise,+FL&hl=en&ll=25.965453,-80.163116&spn=0.679065,1.352692&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.22949,86.572266&oq=BankA&t=h&hq=BankAtlantic+Center,+Sunrise,+FL&z=10

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Really far away. Like the first sign of civilization (if you look towards your left) emerging from the Everglades (if you are using Interstate 75).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=BankAtlantic+Center,+Sunrise,+FL&hl=en&ll=25.965453,-80.163116&spn=0.679065,1.352692&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.22949,86.572266&oq=BankA&t=h&hq=BankAtlantic+Center,+Sunrise,+FL&z=10

First sign of civilization? Not good. The franchise should be moved then. Too bad Sunrise has an arena and not Seattle.

They moved to the outlet mall from downtown Miami because they wanted to get closer to where the transplanted white people are. I suppose this is not inadvisable when you're selling ice hockey, but it's hard to say that the gambit has worked. The Panthers drew respectably when they shared the Miami Arena with the Heat, though it's likely that a lot of that was due to expansion novelty and the '96 run. Attendance surely would've been just as bad at the AAA with the crap they put out, if not worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Actually no they didn't. They couldn't had cared less about the Thrashers. They were more interested in basketball.

My point was they would have cared of the Thrashers drew a profit. FLA is not drawing a profit. These owners are successful businessmen for a reason, and will not let sentiment get in their way, of fixing a problem. A group from Quebec offers a good some of money for that team, and it's gone.

Interesting note. Orlando produces some of the best hockey ratings from a market that does not have a team, surprisingly. Is Amway Arena hockey capable?

Interesting note. Orlando produces some of the best hockey ratings from a market that does not have a team, surprisingly. Is Amway Arena hockey capable?

The Solar Bears will play there in the ECHL next season with a full seating bowl, so, yes. Hey, you could move the Panthers and not even have to change the name!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My point was they would have cared of the Thrashers drew a profit. FLA is not drawing a profit. These owners are successful businessmen for a reason, and will not let sentiment get in their way, of fixing a problem. A group from Quebec offers a good some of money for that team, and it's gone.

Do you have a copy of this list? I'd be curious to see it.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm hoping that's sarcasm because Atlanta had owners who tried to dump the team from the second that they bought them. They were in it for the basketball team and nothing else.

Well at least PHX can sell out a playoff game

I'm pretty sure a significant portion of the crowd at last night's game was made up of Blackhawks fans.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well at least PHX can sell out a playoff game

I'm pretty sure a significant portion of the crowd at last night's game was made up of Blackhawks fans.

The Florida Panthers... making small steps toward relevancy in 2012. First they clinch a playoff berth, then a division title. Now we have their attendance taking shots (with built-in "the Heat played" defenses, as if their attendance is something to write home about) and people asking why they aren't the Miami Panthers. And where Sunrise is.

I'll add the obligatory "the Florida Panther is an actual endangered animal species" and wait for the inevitable jokes. Bottom line: People are becoming aware of the Panthers' existence. And talking about them.

And as a side note... wow, that Coyotes sellout sure is impressive. Insert 100 rolleyes. #Blackhawks

Wow, this thread went off the rails really quick.

I can't argue about attendance being an Islanders and Lightning fan. Both attendance sucks.

But none of this has to do with unis lol.

Oh well.

2ly2w09.jpg

I can't argue about attendance being an Islanders and Lightning fan. Both attendance sucks.

Oh well.

Well what can you do when theres no jersey news? Either the Reebok is being extremely tight lipped or the only changes occurring this year are going to be subtractive. I hope it's the former.

Oh well.

Well what can you do when theres no jersey news? Either the Reebok is being extremely tight lipped or the only changes occurring this year are going to be subtractive. I hope it's the former.

I agree. But with all the leaks in uniforms over the years, I am pessimistic.

I could keep complaining about the Lightning's new look and Islanders crappy thirds. But those dead horses have been beaten to the point where there is no horse left.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived