Worst Jet game memories.....

GangGr33n FTW

Ok, so I'm only 16 but a diehard Jet fan, til the day I die. I have been to what some may consider the worst string of games and experienced some bad memories at a young age, ouch. Here it goes, top 11 (* indicates I was there).

11. Vs Raiders (2003 Playoffs)- Don't get me started. Had a good enough team to go all the way that year.

10. Vs Eagles* (2007)- Just DISAPPOINTING. The Eagles were actually good and the Jets had the chance to steal a W.

9. Vs Steelers (2004 Playoffs)- Doug Brien. Next.

8. Vs Patriots (2006 Playoffs)- My only playoff memory between 04 and 09. Holy JC.

7. Vs Broncos* (2008)- Ouch. The downfall of Mr. Brett Favre. Cold, wet, crappy, and another turnover laden day.

6. Vs 49ers (2008)- Could have gotten them that playoff spot. Did a last minute book report on that day, game just wasn't interesting.

5. Vs Colts (2009 Playoffs)- Super Bowl so close, if only not for defensive collapse.

4. Vs Cowboys (2007 Thanksgiving)- Just a disgrace.

3. Vs Steelers (2010 Playoffs)- So close, AGAIN. Brutal 1st half off emotional win.

2. Vs Pats (2009&10 Gilette & 2011 MetLife)- All 3 times denied at a chance to win the division.

1. Vs Giants (2011)- Bitch slapped by "Our little brother".

Please, I can name more, but they hurt......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little brother? Which New York team has won more Super Bowls?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2/7/2012, when the Jets got their own failure thread.

Its like talking with a therapist about trauma.... If your'e not a Jet fan you dont understand.

I'm a Cubs fan. I'm pretty sure I understand.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ok, so I'm only 16 but a diehard Jet fan, til the day I die. I have been to what some may consider the worst string of games and experienced some bad memories at a young age, ouch. Here it goes, top 11 (* indicates I was there).

11. Vs Raiders (2003 Playoffs)- Don't get me started. Had a good enough team to go all the way that year.

10. Vs Eagles* (2007)- Just DISAPPOINTING. The Eagles were actually good and the Jets had the chance to steal a W.

8. Vs Patriots (2006 Playoffs)- My only playoff memory between 04 and 09. Holy JC.

7. Vs Broncos* (2008)- Ouch. The downfall of Mr. Brett Favre. Cold, wet, crappy, and another turnover laden day.

6. Vs 49ers (2008)- Could have gotten them that playoff spot. Did a last minute book report on that day, game just wasn't interesting.

5. Vs Colts (2009 Playoffs)- Super Bowl so close, if only not for defensive collapse.

3. Vs Steelers (2010 Playoffs)- So close, AGAIN. Brutal 1st half off emotional win.

2. Vs Pats (2009&10 Gilette & 2011 MetLife)- All 3 times denied at a chance to win the division.

Here's two more happy memories

:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here's two more happy memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDXoiw6U40

THIS MAN GETS IT!!!!!!!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Funny thing is, there hasn't been a "Best Jets game memory" since Super Bowl III.

Go Giants!

It will be so worth it if... when... maybe... hopefully they get to a SB, and subsequently win it.

:lol: Not any time soon.

Do you Giant fans ever even feel BAD for us?? Not even God could save us. But, on the bright side, there's always noplace but up to go!

Any game under Ritchie Kotite. Which is a shame because I liked the green and black unis, but they were awful. They had a 21 point lead against the Pats in 1996 at the Meadowlands, but Bledsoe led them back in the second half for a win.

*Side note, Bledsoe led the Pats to a remarkable comeback against the Giants the same year in the Meadowlands. Has to be one of the few times in NFL history where a QB led two 20-point comebacks in the same road stadium in the same year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Funny thing is, there hasn't been a "Best Jets game memory" since Super Bowl III.

Go Giants!

It will be so worth it if... when... maybe... hopefully they get to a SB, and subsequently win it.

:lol: Not any time soon.

Do you Giant fans ever even feel BAD for us?? Not even God could save us. But, on the bright side, there's always noplace but up to go!

Not one bit. :)

Archived