Racing Stripes on MLB Jerseys

rmackman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bagwell%201992%20Upper%20Deck%20TW%20Best%20F.jpg

I've never been a fan of the Astros' "rainbow" scheme but I gotta admit that doesn't look half bad.

I think this picture shows the off-white/light cream as well as it can be shown. Check out Bags' white cleats compared to the pants. And by the way, Astros please bring back the navy and orange. It doesn't have to be with the rainbows (although I loved them) but please bring back the colors. Those colors say Astros to me, a child of the seventies and eighties who has hated their navy/gold and black/brick looks.

Don't forget the LA Dodgers' powder blue alts. And, if we're allowed to go way back, the St. Louis Cardinals circa 1946.

I wouldn't count the Dodgers and Cardinals as "racing stripes". They were just piping (yes, thick in those days). I define racing stripes as going from the bottom of the pants all the way up to the sleeve and the lenghth of the shoulder/arm on the sleeve, like all the ones shown.

On 3/13/2012 at 10:22 AM, Artmanc3po said:
On 3/13/2012 at 10:10 AM, infrared41 said:
On 3/13/2012 at 8:06 PM, BgMack27 said:

I've never been a fan of the Astros' "rainbow" scheme but I gotta admit that doesn't look half bad.

I think this picture shows the off-white/light cream as well as it can be shown. Check out Bags' white cleats compared to the pants. And by the way, Astros please bring back the navy and orange. It doesn't have to be with the rainbows (although I loved them) but please bring back the colors. Those colors say Astros to me, a child of the seventies and eighties who has hated their navy/gold and black/brick looks.

I agree. This is a decent illustration. At the time though, I thought they only had one uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I remember that Tiger uniform. 1995? 96? The road caps for the first half of the year had the orange bill and the second half of the year had the Tiger logo coming through the D with the orange bill.

TigersCaps.jpg

First one is early 70s road cap...the others are the ones that went with the striped uniform.

I remember that Tiger uniform. 1995? 96? The road caps for the first half of the year had the orange bill and the second half of the year had the Tiger logo coming through the D with the orange bill.

TigersCaps.jpg

First one is early 70s road cap...the others are the ones that went with the striped uniform.

I wasn't a fan of the "caged Tiger" cap when it first came out, but now I kind of like it. I wouldn't want the Tigers to use it full-time but a throwback night with it (on the road of course) would be fine by me.

I've never liked that "tiger crawling out of a D logo," but the orange D with an orange bill cap is very nice looking.

Agreed. And maybe it's me, but "D" nowadays looks a smidgen smaller that those.

I've never liked that "tiger crawling out of a D logo," but the orange D with an orange bill cap is very nice looking.

Agreed. And maybe it's me, but "D" nowadays looks a smidgen smaller that those.

It is, you can see the difference in the picture. The ones on the outside clearly have a bigger logo.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Queens Baseball Convention which will include a discussion on the Mets' greatest uniforms will be held on January 18. Panelists will include Paul Lukas and Todd Radom among others. The Mets' 1983-1990 uniforms, which had racing stripes were just outstanding.

The Queens Baseball Convention which will include a discussion on the Mets' greatest uniforms will be held on January 18. Panelists will include Paul Lukas and Todd Radom among others. The Mets' 1983-1990 uniforms, which had racing stripes were just outstanding.

Why are you bringing back dead threads

Archived