New NFL hats (Forty Seven/New Era)

Proc

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots version is underwhelming, looks almost grey.

That's the one big problem I have with 47 brand - their "navy" cloth is too gray.

yanks6.jpg

milwaukee-brewers-franchise-hat-3137933.jpg

I guess that's part of 47's aesthetic...it's supposed to look a little worn and faded. But seriously, the Patriots one looks like somone left it out sun for a few months.

spacer.png

Good to see the bear on Chicago hats. Seemed like (I'm not 100% positive) Reebok always settled for the wishbone C.

Of what we've seen, I'm really liking the Dolphins, Panthers, Titans and Bears hats. The rest are good, but a little predictable. Good to see Forty Seven sort of move away from navy if they can. Reebok probably would done the Dolphins, Titans, and Bills in navy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Patriots version is underwhelming, looks almost grey.

That's the one big problem I have with 47 brand - their "navy" cloth is too gray.

yanks6.jpg

milwaukee-brewers-franchise-hat-3137933.jpg

I've got several Tigers caps (Twins/'47). I love 'em, but the navy color fades fast. It starts off navy and after some sun it, they turn grey.

I've got several Tigers caps (Twins/'47). I love 'em, but the navy color fades fast. It starts off navy and after some sun it, they turn grey.

Same here. When the Rays changed their identity back in '08, I got a '47 Brand cap. It fit and looked great, but it's a brownish gray now.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else (I looked, but apologize if it is)...Forty Seven Brand has posted a sneak peak of their new, NFL caps/hats which will be available next month. Forty Seven Brand and New Era have the upcoming NFL gig, right?

374515_10150742107101224_189010391223_11677530_193737507_n.jpg

>>>

New Era has the exclusive rights to all Sideline headwear, Nike for sideline apparel.

47 Brand has an official license in team headwear and apparel as well, but not sideline.

My source is someone in top management at One Bills Drive.

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else (I looked, but apologize if it is)...Forty Seven Brand has posted a sneak peak of their new, NFL caps/hats which will be available next month. Forty Seven Brand and New Era have the upcoming NFL gig, right?

374515_10150742107101224_189010391223_11677530_193737507_n.jpg

>>>

New Era has the exclusive rights to all Sideline headwear, Nike for sideline apparel.

47 Brand has an official license in team headwear and apparel as well, but not sideline.

My source is someone in top management at One Bills Drive.

that's all been publicly available information for quite some time

Yep.

It's a significant change of direction for the NFL, which used to bundle on-field and merchandise contracts with one manufacturer. That's why Lids could carry a hundred different Rockies caps, but only a half-dozen Broncos.

Are you talking pre-reebok?.from what I remember whoever had the uniform deal for a particular team (nike, reebok, adidas, puma etc.) had the deal for the sideline gear but as far as hats went I can recall multiple labels being worn including new era. Since there were multiple headwear licensees that could produce product for every team I'm pretty sure you had guys wearing all different officially licensed hat brands, especially if they had an endorsement deal.

I could well be wrong, but I don't think New Era has an NFL license right now. Not until April 1st. That's why you can't buy an NFL cap from them today.

Things are a little strange right now with the stock not being replenished, but if you had gone on Lids.com last year, you would have found eighty different Kansas City Royals caps and five Kansas City Chiefs caps (all Reebok).

Mitchell and Ness have a license to produce caps that's wrapped in with their throwback license, but I'm not aware of any other company which was allowed to produce caps. Not until this new contract, that is. Maybe New Era had a similar deal, but if so it drastically cut into their ability to merchandise.

So what is the issue with 47's navy, and why instead of fixing it are they leaning toward alt colors?

I always thought the faded/worn look was their thing as I own only a couple throwback Cubs caps from them, but seeing all the other bright colors besides navy here... what gives?

Archived