It's Live (New Nike NFL Apparel)

agent009

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking Nike has somewhat fixed Midnight Teal by making it actual green. I know it's just a shirt but I'd be ecstatic if the jerseys actually comes off as this color...too often they look like dark teal on TV.

New

p12511372dt.jpg

Old

22-14537-1-F.jpg

>>>>>

'Fixed' it ?? . . . More like 'ruining' it.

I find it amazing that you or any other Eagles fan could possibly like the coloring on the Nike shirt better than the Reebok one.

There's no comparison is this case, the old is far superior IMO.

It doesn't looked faded and discolored like the new Nike one does.

Ew really?

We have been green forever...ok not forever (ugh those blue/yellow throwbacks)...but for most of our history. When we got unfortunately caught up in the "make everything dark and edgy" 90s movement we were left with this sorry excuse of a color...which more often then not looks like shiny dark teal on game days. Reebok did a terrible job of actually recreating the color how it was originally looked and still looks in certain places. Their shirts have been notoriously over-saturated, bright and greenish teal looking.

I can't speak for all eagles fans but the ones I know hate...hate how it looks currently. And have come to terms that a color switch isn't likely...so a slight tweak of the color is a great change if it's the only option.

You guys are arguing about a online RGB interpertation of a fabric swatch from 2 different companies possibly from 2 different websites. Most likely, nothing has changed except the preview image. If it has either the Eagles have changed the fabric colors or their PMS colors and it'll be a bigger deal than Nike interpreting a PMS color differently than Reebok.

You guys are arguing about a online RGB interpertation of a fabric swatch from 2 different companies possibly from 2 different websites. Most likely, nothing has changed except the preview image. If it has either the Eagles have changed the fabric colors or their PMS colors and it'll be a bigger deal than Nike interpreting a PMS color differently than Reebok.

Yea we'll know tomorrow. But being a fan I know that's how the reebok shirts all looked (i have a couple) and how the reebok jerseys often looked on day games just shiny and maybe a bit darker. The point of my original post was to point out the difference and my hope that the Nike Eagles Uniform did actually look like that.

I like both greens, but I like the move back to a more natural green for the Eagles.

Since it's like Christmas Eve to many of us uniform nerds, I'll see what's under the tree tomorrow. Hopefully, there's no lumps of coal there, either. :P

I like both greens, but I like the move back to a more natural green for the Eagles.

Since it's like Christmas Eve to many of us uniform nerds, I'll see what's under the tree tomorrow. Hopefully, there's no lumps of coal there, either. :P

we already peaked in the stockings, its all coal or socks and underwear. boo!

>>>>>

Nobody is arguing about anything, we're only 'discussing' it, something that's usually done on chat boards.

Anyway, I liked the Eagles early to mid 90s uniforms during the Randall Cunningham years.

The ones they currently wear, it took me a long while but they've grown on me, but when they went monochrome on MNF against SF it did them no justice, I just thought the early 90s version was better.

First time I ever saw the Eagles was in 1973 when they came to Buffalo and had those white helmets with green wings, those were flat-out awful. They missed a game-winning FG at the end of the game too, Bills beat 'em 27-26 ... :grin:

When they changed 'em to that dark teal in '96 I just figured it was Jeff Lurie's way of putting his ownership-stamp on the team.

1973_c10.jpg

football-randall-cunningham02.jpg

Agreed. This is one of the more ridiculous discussions on a board based on borderline-ridiculous discussions. It's like looking at an apple and making a big deal because it's red while the orange is orange. Put two pieces of actual fabric up to each other or compare old and new color swatches or it's pointless.

Yea we'll know tomorrow. But being a fan I know that's how the reebok shirts all looked (i have a couple) and how the reebok jerseys often looked on day games just shiny and maybe a bit darker. The point of my original post was to point out the difference and my hope that the Nike Eagles Uniform did actually look like that.

On game day on the field, I don't think the jerseys look teal at all - more like a dark green. It's the Reebok t-shirts and other crap that people buy that has the teal coloring to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On game day on the field, I don't think the jerseys look teal at all - more like a dark green. It's the Reebok t-shirts and other crap that people buy that has the teal coloring to it.

not all the time... dome and night games it doesn't so much. But early afternoon games it can...the worst I remember was the season opener in 09 @ the Panthers

not all the time... dome and night games it doesn't so much. But early afternoon games it can...the worst I remember was the season opener in 09 @ the Panthers

If you're saying that under artificial light they appear to have more blue in them than I would agree with you, must be a byproduct of the materials. Under bright daylight though they (and pants) certainly appear green in person, with very little blue. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of having a color essentially created for you in a lab.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyway, I liked the Eagles early to mid 90s uniforms during the Randall Cunningham years.

football-randall-cunningham02.jpg

Yea I liked those too. The silver pants were fantastic...wish we had them back.

I have always liked the Vermeil Era look. It'd be tough to translate it to today's uniforms. But I'd love to see it for a throwback.

harold-ca1.jpg

I really hope this is real.

New-Carolina-Panthers-Helmet-2.jpg

There is no way that this is real. The logo is diecut in multiple pieces and no nfl team has a helmet logo like that. It would be too hard to manage and would have to be replaced frequently. The thickness of the logo decal is not correct either. A typical helmet logo is 20 mil, the Panther helment above looks more like 12 mil or less. Look at the thickness on the Boise State helmet below.

New_Boise_State_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Helmet.jpg

I really hope this is real.

New-Carolina-Panthers-Helmet-2.jpg

There is no way that this is real. The logo is diecut in multiple pieces and no nfl team has a helmet logo like that. It would be too hard to manage and would have to be replaced frequently. The thickness of the logo decal is not correct either. A typical helmet logo is 20 mil, the Panther helment above looks more like 12 mil or less. Look at the thickness on the Boise State helmet below.

New_Boise_State_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Helmet.jpg

We've covered that it isn't real multiple times :lol:

Welcome to the Boards...

Archived