The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Florida trolls on and takes out New Jersey tonight. With Detroit out and all the new-blood possibilities out West, all I need is a Devils exit to make me perfectly content from here on out.

I'm OK with Florida beating New Jersey, but I really don't care all too much either way. However, I won't be content until the Phoenix Bailouts are eliminated. Too much of a conflict-of-interest feel there, what with their being owned by the league and propped up by Glendale and all.

In regards to Phoenix, I've liked them since childhood as one of my personal "trifecta" with Colorado and Anaheim (even own a black Picassoyote jersey, myself), so while I do understand the anti-Yotes sentiment, I've never really been able to bring myself to dislike them. I don't expect them to get past Nashville anyways, so in regards to the matter I'm pretty indifferent.

I see you there with Phoenix; they've been the closest team to me growing up (deep in Southern Utah), but it's just hard for me to root for a team that's league-owned and that close to shutting down basic city services, if they already haven't. I'm a guy that, strictly out of proximity,* usually pulls for teams from Arizona/Colorado (or often teams from California not named the Lakers) if my top teams aren't in the playoffs or otherwise competing. Normally, the Coyotes would fall into that category (the LA Kings do), but I but can't bring myself to go for a team causing such an embarrassing situation for the league. So, with what I just said in mind, I can see why you can't not pull for the Coyotes.

</slightlyofftopic>

*Of course, there are other factors, such as a previously irrelevant team's rise to relevancy (Nashville and to an extent Florida), or their style of play, and so forth.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Is it just me or does NBC have the weakest commentary in hockey? Aside from Doc it's a whole bunch of meh. You'd think the flagship station for the NHL in the States would at least have someone good for the non-marquee series.

FFS bring back Gary Thorne already. Best hockey commentator of the modern era.

co-signed. I hate Doc Emrick tho, cant stand his voice or his style.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Is it just me or does NBC have the weakest commentary in hockey? Aside from Doc it's a whole bunch of meh. You'd think the flagship station for the NHL in the States would at least have someone good for the non-marquee series.

I'd put some $ down on them using Sam Rosen (does the Rangers on MSG & NFL on Fox) for the 2nd round "B" series unless he's signed up to do radio (which is the case for the SCF). Why? He's done Vs. the past couple of seasons.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I really hate that guy. Seriously, how in the world are the Devils blowing this to Scott Clemmenson?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Boy will the Panthers be pissed when they realize there's no compensation for this overtime loss!

On a more serious note - NBC must love having the dilemma, once again, of two Game 7's in the East on the same night. Last year, they had Montreal/Boston and Tampa/Pittsburgh to balance out, and now Ottawa/New York and New Jersey/Florida.

I mean, it's obvious which game gets preferential treatment in both cases, but still. Game 7 is Game 7, and all instances are ideally standing on their own, like tomorrow night's game in Boston.

spacer.png

Hawks-1.png

That's great!!

Did you make it yourself or did you find it somewhere?

The gold clubs are clip art, but I made the rest.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

FFS bring back Gary Thorne already. Best hockey commentator of the modern era.

I'm fine with him not doing hockey anymore.... I already get way too much of him in the NHL video games.

This. EA ruined Gary Thorne for me.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived