The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I was happy to see a fast-paced, bodies flying around, hard-hitting exciting hockey game last night. Aside from Marty giving up a super-soft goal, I was entertained thoroughly with Game 6.

Now, to Game 7!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang it, Florida. Dang it, dang it, dang it.

And regarding Gary Thorne...I could listen to him call games every day for years. There isn't any "ruining" from EA to me. For me personally, he's the voice of hockey.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Dang it, Florida. Dang it, dang it, dang it.

And regarding Gary Thorne...I could listen to him call games every day for years. There isn't any "ruining" from EA to me. For me personally, he's the voice of hockey.

This. I hate him in the EA games, but in real life he is way, way better. Him, Doc, and Jim Houghson on the Canada side.

oBIgzrL.png

Puck drop at Madison Square Garden is a little after 7:00 tomorrow.

Puck drop at BankAtlantic Center a little after 8:30.

Interesting, but it works. Referring again to the example of 2011, I think the Montreal/Boston Game 7 was a 7:00 puck drop, and Tampa/Pittsburgh was an hour after. At least this way, there are intermissions to allow for more staggered watching.

spacer.png

When will the 2nd round kick off? Will it be Friday or Saturday? I understand that NBC is waiting to pick what teams will be on this weekend, but will the next round start Friday night?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Is it just me or does NBC have the weakest commentary in hockey? Aside from Doc it's a whole bunch of meh. You'd think the flagship station for the NHL in the States would at least have someone good for the non-marquee series.

With the exception of Bob Cole, who (at least to me) is synonymous with playoff hockey, the HNIC crew is horrid. Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson, and Glenn Healy are all terrible.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

FFS bring back Gary Thorne already. Best hockey commentator of the modern era.

Don't take him away from the Orioles!

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Wow even with no other competition Devils/Panthers is on NHLN and will be JIP on NBCSN after Rangers/Sens. What, are Mad Money reruns so important to CNBC? They really honestly don't give two damns about that series huh?

It doesn't affect me as I have access to NHLN here in San Diego as well as MSG and MSG+ back in NJ even from California, but most people don't get NHLN with basic cable....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Houghson is good in small doses. I can handle Simpson as a Colour Guy. Healy is awful, over opinionated. Bob Cole tremendous, will never get sick of him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow even with no other competition Devils/Panthers is on NHLN and will be JIP on NBCSN after Rangers/Sens. What, are Mad Money reruns so important to CNBC? They really honestly don't give two damns about that series huh?

It doesn't affect me as I have access to NHLN here in San Diego as well as MSG and MSG+ back in NJ even from

California, but most people don't get NHLN with basic cable....

I read somewhere that it was because of that Costco special that they weren't showing it on CNBC.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

From NHL.com:

The series between the third-seeded Phoenix Coyotes and fourth-seeded Nashville Predators will begin on Friday, April 27th, and will continue with Game 2 on Sunday, April 29th, both games being played in Phoenix. Game 3, in Nashville, is scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd and Game 4 will be Friday, May 4th, also in Nashville.

The series featuring the second-seeded St. Louis Blues and No. 8 Los Angeles Kings will begin on Saturday, April 28th, in St. Louis. Game 2 will be Monday, April 30th, also in St. Louis. Games 3 and 4 will be played in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 3rd and Sunday, May 6th, respectively.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Makes sense that a series is starting on Friday. Obviously the East series won't start until Saturday probably.

Maybe even a Sunday afternoon start. Seeing as the winner of Boston/Washington would have an extra day over NYR/OTT and NJ/FLA. Still would have the extra day, but still makes those latter teams a little bit more fresh.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Way to get that puck out of the zone, Lucic! And here I was thinking your awful decisions and passes to no one where just confined to the offensive zone.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, after one its 1-0 Capitals. Seems like the #1 problem that cost them against the Flyers a few years ago has reared its ugly head back in Boston; the Bruins are trying to get too fancy with it instead of just attacking and taking whatever shots they need to. Hopefully they can pick it up during the second period. Benching Lucic would be a start. How more many passes to no one is he capable of in the second period? Anybody wanna put money down on that one?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived