The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sens! I think they can do it. Paul the Walrus shouldn't have scratched Mark Stone in Game 6. Anderson has been great, and so has Lundy. Could be a 0-0 game heading into Overtime.

Both will try and not be the first team not to make a mistake.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If he didn't want it to be all about himself, then why did he pull an almost identical stunt two weeks later with his "stance on contraception"?

Exactly. Then when questioned about it he says, "that's my personal life, if you have questions about hockey I'll answer them, but that's my personal life and none of your business." Obviously paraphrasing but that's the gist of it. Um, you posted it on a public forum (Facebook); it isn't personal when you intentionally make it public. Thomas is absolutely my guy, but he was a real ass clown this season.

Let's go Senators, I know this is a very unpopular opinion but I can't stand those Rangers sweaters and I don't want to see them after tonight.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Gimme New York and Florida tonight...I'd like to see Ottawa move on, but it's hard for me to believe the Rangers would drop this one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If he didn't want it to be all about himself, then why did he pull an almost identical stunt two weeks later with his "stance on contraception"?

Exactly. Then when questioned about it he says, "that's my personal life, if you have questions about hockey I'll answer them, but that's my personal life and none of your business." Obviously paraphrasing but that's the gist of it. Um, you posted it on a public forum (Facebook); it isn't personal when you intentionally make it public. Thomas is absolutely my guy, but he was a real ass clown this season.

Right. So he was nice to kid, which was nice. He's not a monster, but he's not an "absolute class act" either.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Seeing Florida move on for the novelty of it would be cool, but I'm pulling for NJ and the Rangers, only because they're the remaining teams in the East who can defeat Philadelphia.

It's not sour grapes, it's just "I don't like them."

oBIgzrL.png

Anybody can beat anyone. I know you don't like them, but it's the playoffs. Those regular season records don't matter.

That's not what I'm going by. I'll take my chances at Philly trying to beat a team with a solid defense and either a Vezina finalist or a future hall-of-famer over Cats on Ice or Holtby and the Gang.

oBIgzrL.png

I think that grandstanding and using politics to take the focus and attention away from the rest of the team is not a class act, no, regardless of affiliation.

Had he not gone, and been quiet about it, there wouldn't have been a big deal.

But he decided to make a public statement, injecting his political beliefs into the situation. It becomes harder to be a fan of someone if you don't agree with his or her political agenda.

Here we go again... All Tim Thomas did was call a spade a spade. Ever hear the quote "I may not like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?" The idea that his statement was un-classy is pure delusion. You don't become a fan of a player for their political beliefs either...

Not a fan of Obama as has been stated, but even if you don't respect the man, you respect the Office.

Timmy did have a misstep there...

There is a big difference between respecting the office and being required to meet with someone you don't respect or believe in. With these attitudes, it's no wonder your Constitution and Bill of Rights are being continuously stepped on...

From most-wanted outcome to least-wanted:

Senators/Panthers (Flyers vs Capitals)

Senators/Devils (Flyers vs Senators)

Rangers/Panthers (Flyers vs Panthers)

Rangers/Devils (Flyers vs Devils)

I love Game 7's...except when my team is involved. I'm a wreck.

If the Rangers are going to lose please, just get blown out. Don't kill me.

I'm not going to say anything about what I think'll happen in that one, but I do think the Devils will prevail in Florida, though of course I'm rooting for the Panthers.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Timmy is an absoute class act.

I guess it depends on the situation...

If you're talking about not going to the White House, then you're kind of making my point...

Well, some would argue that it would've been the "classier" move going to the White House while others would argue that it would be the "classier" move standing up for your personal beliefs. It comes down to what you think personally, really.

I would argue if he didn't want to go to the white house for political reasons he should of kept his mouth shut about why and not make himself a bigger story than the team. he obviously wanted to make a political statement.

I think that grandstanding and using politics to take the focus and attention away from the rest of the team is not a class act, no, regardless of affiliation.

But he decided to make a public statement, injecting his political beliefs into the situation. It becomes harder to be a fan of someone if you don't agree with his or her political agenda.

Someone gets its.

Not a fan of Obama as has been stated, but even if you don't respect the man, you respect the Office.

Timmy did have a misstep there...

There lies some ignorance. It wasn't about just Obama, which the media wants you to think. It was about both parties.

This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

It's funny how people are also suggesting he lie. It's no wonder sticking to your morals is a lost artform these days. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Timmy is an absoute class act.

I guess it depends on the situation...

If you're talking about not going to the White House, then you're kind of making my point...

Well, some would argue that it would've been the "classier" move going to the White House while others would argue that it would be the "classier" move standing up for your personal beliefs. It comes down to what you think personally, really.

I would argue if he didn't want to go to the white house for political reasons he should of kept his mouth shut about why and not make himself a bigger story than the team. he obviously wanted to make a political statement.

And so what if he did? It's his right to do so. Even if it may have seemed classless to do so, he was merely exercising his rights. Do you have a problem with that?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Someone gets its.

Not really. You're not really taking a stand for what you believe in if you are afraid to admit that you are doing so, instead saying that you have the flu or something. Besides, it became a story before he expressed his reasoning. The Bruins knew about it well in advance and tried to talk him out of it. Word came out that he wouldn't be going to the White House a few days beforehand, and he was put in a position of having to explain himself. So, yeah, he could have cowered away and said "personal reasons", but he didn't. This was only an outrage because it was Obama. The people who have been bitching about Thomas have only done so because he, in their mind, insulted Obama. There would have been no such reaction if President Bush were the one getting dissed. And for the record, I fall into the "it's an honor to meet the president no matter which party he is from" camp.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived