The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama is an illegitimate president. His policies since 2008 have gone in direct opposition the Constitution for which the Republic was founded (Just as Bush did before him). Here are just a few reasons...

-He authorized offensive military action against Libya without prior authorization from the U.S. congress, which by the way is an impeachable offence. And no, calling it a "Kinetic Military Action" doesn't make it okay, there were ground troops. It's admitted in mainstream news publications.

-Obama auto-penned the Patriot Act extension into law, which allows for warrantless wiretapping. A direct violation to the 4th amendment. Also an impeachable offence.

-In 2012, Obama signed into law The National Defence Authorization Act which allows any American to be detained indefinitely without due process.

Those are indeed horrible actions, but I fail to see how that makes Obama an "illegitimate" president. A bad president? Sure, but still a legitimate one.

Exactly. Unless he refuses to leave office after being impeached and convicted of an actual crime, he is still the legitimate President.

Also, Morgo, aren't you Canadian? He's not your President anyway.

A president is sworn in to uphold the Constitution, is he not? Your right I am Canadian but what's going on in your country is unnerves me because it's being paralleled here.

Anyhow back to hockey... I don't see the Senators coming back from this the Way Lunqvist is playing. The Senators have been a great story this year and hopefully next year they take the next step.

-He authorized offensive military action against Libya without prior authorization from the U.S. congress, which by the way is an impeachable offence. And no, calling it a "Kinetic Military Action" doesn't make it okay, there were ground troops. It's admitted in mainstream news publications.

-Obama auto-penned the Patriot Act extension into law, which allows for warrantless wiretapping. A direct violation to the 4th amendment. Also an impeachable offence.

-In 2012, Obama signed into law The National Defence Authorization Act which allows any American to be detained indefinitely without due process.

Ever heard of the War Powers Resolution that allows presidents to deploy troops for 60 days before actually having Congress declare war? And by the end of those 60 days, Congress isn't going to reject it.

Additionally, the Patriot Act is currently a law, and is completely legal until it is struck down by the Supreme Court.

Ever heard of executive orders? While not explicitly called for in the Constitution, executive orders are not unconstitutional. Past examples include Roosevelt's use of it to implement Japanese-American internment camps, Harry Truman desegregating the armed forces, and Kennedy implementing affirmative action legislation.

But anyways, back to hockey.

6fQjS3M.png

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread....

I'm not even a Vancouver hater, per se, but I laughed.

Good find.

Still do this day I get a pit in my stomach watching that Bertuzzi "hit".

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread....

I'm not even a Vancouver hater, per se, but I laughed.

Good find.

Still do this day I get a pit in my stomach watching that Bertuzzi "hit".

What makes me sick is that he's still playing. How Shoeless Joe and the Black Sox are still banned (different sport, I know, but the point is still valid) yet Todd Bertuzzi actually ends a guy's career and still gets to play astounds me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New York is absolutely holding on for dear life right now.

And if they can manage 141 more seconds of that, they're reward is Washington.

UPDATE - And the last 141 goes by the boards, creates a Washington/New York series. Now, all that's left to be determined is whether Philly travels to Sunrise or stays home and waits for New Jersey.

spacer.png

Phew, I can breathe again.

Also, if NJ holds on, we'll have a Patrick Division Semifinals.

Craig Anderson did he come back on the ice, if not he totally sucks for not joining the handshake line.

He did come back out of the locker room to shake hands.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If the Devils win its as localized of a second round as I can ever remember there being.

Four of the five closest teams to me would be in the second round. The only team missing would be the Islanders.

Yeah, for all the hand-wringing about the upsets that have been occurring, the East is actually looking pretty ripe for good ratings.

New York, Washington, Philly, and, then, New Jersey (assuming they hold on for the last 20 vs. Florida - no sure thing). I look forward to it - great inter-regional rivalries en route to the Final for all four teams.

spacer.png

Hah, funny thing just happened while I played a quick pick-up on my NHL 10. I'm the Blues against the Flyers, and the commentary before a faceoff went something like this:

"The Blues are one of those teams trying to break through. It's a matter of drafting right and they've done that, it's just going to take time for the team to develop. They have the potential to contend in the future, I'd give them 2-3 years before they're knocking on the door."

And whaddya know, two years after NHL 10's release, there's St. Louis knocking on the door! :P I just realized, Blues-Flyers could be a potential cup matchup. I kind of hope so from a uniform perspective - this pick-up game (color matchup-wise) looks really good.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Phew, I can breathe again.

Craig Anderson did he come back on the ice, if not he totally sucks for not joining the handshake line.

He did come back out of the locker room to shake hands.

Ok he would of looked like a total douche if he didn't

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived