The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is the perfect night to be a Devils and Giants fan. Since the Giants don't pick till around 11, I can watch the entire Devils game without worrying about when the Giants will be on the clock. Lets go Devils!

tumblr_lbf19lIlsf1qzwpxno1_500.jpg

I'm reading this at 4 AM and it made me laugh since the Giants ended up picking while the Devils game was still on thanks to OT. I am easily amused.

I'd say Flyers in 6. Jersey did not really impress me at all that series. If Bryz plays more like he did in the last 2, and the Devils power play continues to be subpar, then the Flyers should win with some ease. Shouldn't be easy for them though in the next round.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I fail to why they'd be the suckiest team to ever reach the Second Round? Wow they finished under .500 if you bring in the NBA standings, so what!

Well it turns out you don't get loser points in the post-season :P

Silly me for doubting the mighty Florida Panthers.

Two of the thee teams I was rooting against (Ottawa, Florida, Phoenix) are out. Two out of three ain't bad.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Had 'em all the way... :P

So happy to be moving on to the second round for the first time in 5 fu*king years....

Tank... you need to stop talking. Reading back through these posts about the game last night made me cringe because of you & your sniviling douchebaggery. Enough. (sorry... i just reached a limit.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Funny that if the Rangers and Flyers advance the Flyers will have only played divisional opponents in the playoffs to that point. That'd be pretty bad luck considering how often these teams play each other in the season.

If the Rags and Flyers do advance to the Eastern Conference Final, then it further cements that the Atlantic Division is the best division in the Eastern Conference and quite possibly the NHL this year. However, one can say the same about the Central Division, sans Columbus, if the Blues and Preds make it to the Western Conference Final.

Yeah you pretty much nailed the Panthers-out-in-4 prediction. You are a :censored:in' genius.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Rangers over Capitals in five. I really like the way the Rangers match up in this series.

Flyers over Devils in six. Anticipating a very tight series between the two teams. Could see multiple OT games in this series. In the end though I think Philly just has the better overall team.

Kings over Blues in five. I think the Blues are the better team, but the Kings just strike me as a team that has the hot hand and sometimes that's all you need. If Jon Quick plays like he did against Vancouver, the Blues have no shot in this series.

Predators over Coyotes in six. Maybe the least interesting playoff series in NHL history. The fact they are scheduled for three Friday games in the series while no other series even has one I think should tell you how much the networks really think people are going to care about this series. Think both teams are pretty evenly matched. Just like Nashville's playoff pedigree to give them the edge.

Yeah you pretty much nailed the Panthers-out-in-4 prediction. You are a :censored: in' genius.

Ooh, they pushed one of the weakest teams in the playoffs to three extra games in round one. I was so off. rolleyes.gif Seeing as you probably thought they'd go further, you're not one to talk.

But hey, at least they got to 40 wins. laugh.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived