The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could switching to Guyko really save you 15% or more on car insurance?

Is 2012 a really, really bad year to be a marquee NHL team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

PotD nomination!

No. Nom redacted.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With 10 shutouts in 40 games, and then this, is there anything Coyotes prospect Mark Visentin can't do this season?

Oh wait, there is.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hoping Florida trolls on and takes out New Jersey tonight. With Detroit out and all the new-blood possibilities out West, all I need is a Devils exit to make me perfectly content from here on out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Here's an interesting pattern:

Stanley Cup Champions:

2008: Detroit Red Wings

2009: Pittsburgh Penguins

2010: Chicago Blackhawks

2011: Boston Bruins

2012 Playoffs:

April 20: Detroit ousted by Nashville

April 22: Pittsburgh ousted by Philadelphia

April 23: Chicago ousted by Phoenix

On a side note, it's safe to say that Lundqvist will get dinged for criticizing the refs after they allowed Spezza's goal to stand.

Yep.

Also they're talking about Michalek possibly being suspended for kicking Girardi with his skate, but everything I could find online makes it hard to see anything at all, kick or not. Does anyone have a better view?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

A couple weeks late, but this would be an appropriate logo for the Blue Jackets to always wear on their shoulders

cbjgolf2.png

Well done. "Green jackets" would also be an acceptable nickname in this case.

6uXNWAo.png

Here's an interesting pattern:

Stanley Cup Champions:

2008: Detroit Red Wings

2009: Pittsburgh Penguins

2010: Chicago Blackhawks

2011: Boston Bruins

2012 Playoffs:

April 20: Detroit ousted by Nashville

April 22: Pittsburgh ousted by Philadelphia

April 23: Chicago ousted by Phoenix

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if "April 25: Boston ousted by Washington" was there...

/pessimism

Seriously, I'm actually really confident going into Game Seven on home ice. It seems that the Bs are finally figuring out Holtby.

spacer.png

Hoping Florida trolls on and takes out New Jersey tonight. With Detroit out and all the new-blood possibilities out West, all I need is a Devils exit to make me perfectly content from here on out.

I'm OK with Florida beating New Jersey, but I really don't care all too much either way. However, I won't be content until the Phoenix Bailouts are eliminated. Too much of a conflict-of-interest feel there, what with their being owned by the league and propped up by Glendale and all.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm OK with Florida beating New Jersey, but I really don't care all too much either way. However, I won't be content until the Phoenix Bailouts are eliminated. Too much of a conflict-of-interest feel there, what with their being owned by the league and propped up by Glendale and all.

In regards to Phoenix, I've liked them since childhood as one of my personal "trifecta" with Colorado and Anaheim (even own a black Picassoyote jersey, myself), so while I do understand the anti-Yotes sentiment, I've never really been able to bring myself to dislike them. I don't expect them to get past Nashville anyways, so in regards to the matter I'm pretty indifferent.

And I've despised New Jersey for a very long time haha (not quite as much as Detroit, but very much even still), so my thoughts on that series have more to do with that than any sort of liking at all for Florida (though I admit I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived