An accurate repro from New Era?!

The Mojo Maniac

New Era actually did a pretty good job on this series of caps. Check out this Pirates cap. Checked them out in the store, they look really good. They have the green under bill, no mlb logo on the back. They did a really good job.

680399a66fce745eac79d1e65637c193.jpg

Thinking of picking up the Phillies 1980 and 2008 caps, but my girlfriend will probably kill me if I buy another Phillies cap. Just bought this one today on clearance at Dicks for 13 bucks lol.

52-40332-Y.jpg

21dh5qp.png

I have a happy bird 5950 with white stitching.

EDIT: Found a pic. Mine obviously has the sticker removed.

hcbal88.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I believe that the batterman logo on the back should be flat, not raised... so I don't think it's completely accurate.

I've seen one with a flat logo on some hat specific site but I think they put red in the batterman logo and messed that part of the deal up.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Didn't someone on these boards say that the clear stitching would ruin the overall structure of the hat, causing the hat to fall apart? Something to that effect...

Guess that's not true, after seeing these hats.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well I guess that's kinda accurate considering they didn't wear hat patches in the World Series until what, 2000?

Ugh, and the 89 Oakland hat doesn't even have the Bay Bridge logo? Dumb.

Hat ClubThey are usually pretty good about restocking once they sell out.

Nice! Hadn't heard of hatclub. They have a 5950 Indians "crooked C" hat! Haven't been able to find one of those.

70389454.png

I believe that the batterman logo on the back should be flat, not raised... so I don't think it's completely accurate.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it start appearing on the caps in 1993?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I believe it was 1991 or 1992. The Rockies and Marlins definitely had it on their caps in 1993, but I have a Braves hat from either 91 or 92 with the batterman on it.

1994 had the 125th anniversary pin on the back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I believe it was 1991 or 1992. The Rockies and Marlins definitely had it on their caps in 1993, but I have a Braves hat from either 91 or 92 with the batterman on it.

1994 had the 125th anniversary pin on the back.

This pic is from 1992 and you can see the MLB logo on the back of the cap

blog0706_10.jpg

And from 1991, no logo on the back of the cap

Gladden-Dan-2.jpg

1992 must have been the first season.

Archived