Junior Seau Dead

Cujo

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be too soon, but I'm immediately curious if depression and CTE played a role.

It was my first thought, too. Unfortunately, there's a clear pattern emerging that makes one draw such a conclusion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

May be too soon, but I'm immediately curious if depression and CTE played a role.

It was my first thought, too. Unfortunately, there's a clear pattern emerging that makes one draw such a conclusion.

He would be the highest profile case, I believe. Maybe good will come up of it.

The NFL has talked a big game and had a consistent approach to eliminating head injuries. But in truth, their punishments don't come often enough, and they're not nearly severe enough to stop anything.

I should slow down, though. That's all speculation.

For now, it's just really sad.

I was just about to touch on that story. Seau obviously had issues, post-football. Sad to see him take this way out.

Yeah I remember that too, it's a shame he had that TV show on Versus for a while, seems he could not get over life after football. He is a sure thing Hall of Famer and had wa very likable too, so I'd imagine he would have many oppertunities out there. Sad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

it's a shame he had that TV show on Versus for a while, seems he could not get over life after football.

How is that a shame?

RIP Junior. Never really knew him until his time in New England, but loved him when he was here. Great football player, team guy, very tragic to see.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Real shame.

He's a slam dunk first ballot HOFer as well and I would say puts up a very good argument for being the greatest Charger player in history and without question the best player on the defensive side of the ball. Only been two numbers retired in San Diego Chargers history. Lance Alworth and Dan Fouts. I think Seau will become the third very soon.

Shame we'll never get to see him have that day in the sun or give his HOF induction speech.

This is so sad. It's horrible that anyone feels the need to end their own life.

RIP

Edit: ESPN's just now saying that there's only been a "shooting" at Seau's home.

There too busy covering what John Harbaugh said from every angle, and Kobe's 38 point game and is Bryce Harper the best player ever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is so sad. It's horrible that anyone feels the need to end their own life.

RIP

Edit: ESPN's just now saying that there's only been a "shooting" at Seau's home.

To be fair, the only confirmed reports so far have been from TMZ, am I wrong? Apparently other networks are just arriving and ESPN doesn't want to jump the gun, so to speak.

EDIT - Nevermind, the police have already confirmed it and a news conference is coming up.

To be fair, the only confirmed reports so far have been from TMZ, am I wrong? Apparently other networks are just arriving and ESPN doesn't want to jump the gun, so to speak.

To be fair, TMZ breaks news faster and has more credibility when it comes to reporting these types of stories than ESPN. In fact, I can't recall TMZ ever being wrong.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived