Junior Seau Dead

Cujo

To be fair, the only confirmed reports so far have been from TMZ, am I wrong? Apparently other networks are just arriving and ESPN doesn't want to jump the gun, so to speak.

To be fair, TMZ breaks news faster and has more credibility when it comes to reporting these types of stories than ESPN. In fact, I can't recall TMZ ever being wrong.

Plus, ESPN is at a disadvantage because it's almost impossible to overhype a suicide.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so sad. It's horrible that anyone feels the need to end their own life.

RIP

Edit: ESPN's just now saying that there's only been a "shooting" at Seau's home.

There too busy covering what John Harbaugh said from every angle, and Kobe's 38 point game and is Bryce Harper the best player ever.

Actually, they've only really been covering the Vilma/Fujita/Smith/Hargrove suspensions.

spacer.png

Ugh. Shut up about ESPN. Doesn't complaining about them EVER get old?

Anyways, this really is a sad story. My thoughts are he just missed those lights too much. His entire life was football, 20 years in the league, that's an increadible statistic. I'd imagine he couldn't cope with life after the game and this is the result.

Holy :censored:. I'm just in shock right now. I was always a fan of him. This is heartbreaking for the football community.

RIP. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

When I went to Florida a few years back, I actually bought a Seau Dolphins jersey, against my dad's and uncle's wishes of me getting a Bucs jersey. I'm going to have to look for it now.

Shock...couldn't believe it when I saw the headline.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Great player, but truly can't feel sorry for the man. Seau took the cowards way out(if true it was a suicide). He could have got help. Seeing his mother mourn the way she is I do feel for her. But I could never put that burden on my own mother.

Great player, but truly can't feel sorry for the man. Seau took the cowards way out(if true it was a suicide). He could have got help. Seeing his mother mourn the way she is I do feel for her. But I could never put that burden on my own mother.

Was he a coward...or severely mentally impaired due to numerous concussions sustained throughout his 20-year NFL career? Of course there is no solid evidence that he was going through mental issues, but to outright call him a coward is ignorant in my opinion.

I would never call anyone that killed themselves through Suicide. I have had a friend who killed herself, it's one of the worst ways to go.

Rest in Peace Junior Seau.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Was he a coward...or severely mentally impaired due to numerous concussions sustained throughout his 20-year NFL career? Of course there is no solid evidence that he was going through mental issues, but to outright call him a coward is ignorant in my opinion.

Someone who takes his life without thinking of the consenquences of what it might do to the people around you to me is a coward. There are ways to get help, but suicide is NOT the way out. Sorry you may feel my comment is ignorant, but I just can't feel sorry for the way he died.

To be fair, TMZ breaks news faster and has more credibility when it comes to reporting these types of stories. In fact, I can't recall TMZ ever being wrong.

I used to think they were just tabloids-on-meth, until they were 1st to say that Michael Jackson died. It was, I think, 2 hours before the next news network said he passed away (NBC), then the rest of the networks all said the same. That's when I began to give TMZ some credibility.

Someone who takes his life without thinking of the consenquences of what it might do to the people around you to me is a coward. There are ways to get help, but suicide is NOT the way out. Sorry you may feel my comment is ignorant, but I just can't feel sorry for the way he died.

You're making a lot of baseless assumptions considering you weren't a part of this situation. How do you know he didn't ask for help? Could his accident in 2010 have been a cry for help? How do you know what his mental state was at the time? How do you know he didn't think of the consequences?

Based on the manner of his death, I strongly believe that he did think about what would happen when he died. This situation is very similar to Dave Duerson's suicide seeing as how they both shot themselves in the chest. Duerson wanted to help others who have gone through brain trauma by offering his brain for research purposes. Seau might end up saving more lives in the end. If you ask me, that is no coward.

Your definition of a coward probably will not change after reading this, but I just believe that the word "coward" has some negative connotations that are not right to put on Seau's situation.

EDIT - To clarify, I'm not arguing for your sympathy. Your feelings are your feelings, I can't change that. I just think that calling Seau a coward is as incorrect as it is unfair.

It's times like these that I wish Twitter did not exist. The things people are saying are dumbfounding.

I don't use Twitter or go on it, but I am familiar with it. It's not just Twitter where dumbfounding thoughts are shared. That so many of us find them to be dumb no doubt leads to the term "dumbfounded". That being said, it is indeed extremely sad to know Junior Seau was THIS messed up in the head and it went more or less unnoticed.

Seau took the cowards way out (if true it was a suicide). He could have got help.

Sounds like you rooted for the bullies in the movie Bully.

I never root for a bully and against bullying to thid day, I was someone who got beat up because I was shorter and chubbier than the rest. But I also had years of therapy, and spoke out to others. But I have thought of suicide when I was in my early teens because it was too much, and thought I can't take this abuse anymore. Words like f*g, fatass, short :censored:, always coming home in bruises and bullies stealing things I just got. I was unhappy and wanted to kill myself. But every time I thought about it I always thought what my parents had to go through, what my friends would go through, and letting the people who put me through hell win. It would have been the worst thing to do to the people around me. So no, I would never root for the bullies. Yes I do feel for Junior Seau, but I don't have any sympathy. Because there are other ways of therapy, doctors, and people around you that can help you than suicide.

Edit: using the word coward is a word I used for myself when I tried twice. I thought of myself as one when I thought of my parents and what they thought of my actions and going out the way if I did. If anyone is offended for my words, sorry it is something I have seen with my ex-wife tried to do many times when we were together, and my uncle who commited suicide when I was 20. To me it's a life experience of what i've gone through and why it should never come to killing yourself. Coward may be a cruel word and sorry for the word, but it should never come to suicide

Not even if he was driven to it by mental illness? Really?

Gary, I think your situation is a lot different than Seau's, and you are trying to paint everyone with the same brush. Bullying stops, mental illness does not.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived