Miami Heat Basketball Court

rmackman

I've never been a fan of the yellow on the Heat's basketball court. Yellow is a highlight color as black and red are their primaries, yet it has a prominent role in the court design. At the old Miami Arena, it was just black and red. Anyone else bugged by this small issue?

Dwyane-Wade.jpg

tim-hardaway-signed-8x10-photo-wcoa-golden-st-warriors-miami-heat-a_d49615f33fc98d0fed0dbb437f6403ae.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I actually think that the Heat's court is perfect as is. I love the yellow area - it's bold and unexpected, plus it really stands out. It's a glam court for a glam team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My thoughts exactly, Vet.

If anything, one should be annoyed at the lack of yellow in their uniforms. The Hawks bailed on red and yellow (and not for nothing but so did the Rockets several moons ago)...now would be the perfect time to make that their own.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Heat could use some yellow trim on their names/numbers. Looks weird just being burgundy and black. Their faux-Laker uniforms from before were awful, by the way. How do people like those?

g75l7sxeqnxehbvdegvvp4fe2.gif

That A. Good lord. The general hand-made clumsiness of everything. So not Miami.

Court's fine the way it is, but the logo always feels off-center to me. Such is life with that logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Heat could use some yellow trim on their names/numbers. Looks weird just being burgundy and black. Their faux-Laker uniforms from before were awful, by the way. How do people like those?

g75l7sxeqnxehbvdegvvp4fe2.gif

That A. Good lord. The general hand-made clumsiness of everything. So not Miami.

Court's fine the way it is, but the logo always feels off-center to me. Such is life with that logo.

The road unis always looked better:

Hardaway96.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

That Heat set might not be great, but it's far better than the trash they wear now. They copied the Lakers' font, but at least it looked good (on the black and red, anyway). The current font is awful and made worse by it being italicized. I also dislike how they actually made a conscious effort to make the uniforms an incorrect shade of red. Also, something about the current template looks to me like a generic FUBU jersey/shorts combo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

How is it an "incorrect shade of red"? It's the same color as everything else. They darkened the red to burgundy across the board when they got rid of the gradient logo. Whether they should've or not is a question to ask, I guess.

I don't mind their uniforms (other than not having yellow between the red and black). They don't really inspire strong feelings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The current court is one of the best courts in the NBA, though they do need to fill the half-cirles above the free throw lines with yellow paint again, just like they did from 1999-2006. Not sure why they took out the color from the half circles in 2006-07.

The uniforms are also some of the best in the NBA, but I really don't care for the alternate black and whites. The normal white, black, and red sets don't like FUBU, lol, and are actully really sharp.

After they changed from the gradient logo, the red remained a bright red for several years, then the team changed to a darker red in 2006 or 2007 or so.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Their first ever court had a yellow key with royal blue around the perimeter.

Rough mockup I did a few years ago off some footage...

5hR6p.png

Nice mock-up, but the lanes are too narrow. The circles are 12' and the lanes should be 16'.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

The current court is one of the best courts in the NBA, though they do need to fill the half-cirles above the free throw lines with yellow paint again, just like they did from 1999-2006. Not sure why they took out the color from the half circles in 2006-07.

The uniforms are also some of the best in the NBA, but I really don't care for the alternate black and whites. The normal white, black, and red sets don't like FUBU, lol, and are actully really sharp.

After they changed from the gradient logo, the red remained a bright red for several years, then the team changed to a darker red in 2006 or 2007 or so.

I usually hate when the free-throw circle is colored in, since it's not part of the "paint", but I did like it when the Heat did it. It just made the bold yellow even more in your face.

If it was a different city (like a rust-belt city for example) and a crap team then maybe I'd find it ugly and annoying, but instead, I find it bold and glamorous, and perfect for a team in Miami that made a major effort to become one of the glamour teams like the Lakers (who themselves have the yellow-jersey gimmick going on to add to their mystique.) Almost like the heel in pro-wrestling with the outlandish robes (only this really isn't that outlandish.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Regardless of how you feel about the court or the uniforms, I think we can all agree any garishness, mismatched fonts, mal-adjusted color schemes, and any other problems related to the arena or uniforms are somehow LeBron's fault.

/sarcasm

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

How is it an "incorrect shade of red"? It's the same color as everything else. They darkened the red to burgundy across the board when they got rid of the gradient logo. Whether they should've or not is a question to ask, I guess.

I don't mind their uniforms (other than not having yellow between the red and black). They don't really inspire strong feelings.

I didn't realize that they officially darkened the red, but as WSU mentioned, it was done after the gradient logo left. I think they looked better with the previous red.

As for the court, I never liked it. I understand that yellow is still one of their colors, but it is barely even a tertiary color. For some reason, it is featured the most prominently of all their colors on the court. I wouldn't mind if yellow was incorporated as an accent color to the court, but it doesn't look good now. To me, the current court looks like they are playing in an arena that didn't allow them to customize the court, such as the Clippers in Anaheim or the Bucks in MECCA.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived