Maryland- didnt see it posted here..

ram29jackson

If this was done in green, it'd be pretty sick. I know green isn't a Maryland color, and they use more of a brown shade for their Terrapin logo, but turtles are generally thought of as green. So in that sense, it would still work very, very well.

And that's of course not bothering to mention the main reason for it, which is that grass is green and it's what we're all extremely accustomed to watching football on.

If this was done in green, it'd be pretty sick. I know green isn't a Maryland color, and they use more of a brown shade for their Terrapin logo, but turtles are generally thought of as green. So in that sense, it would still work very, very well.

And that's of course not bothering to mention the main reason for it, which is that grass is green and it's what we're all extremely accustomed to watching football on.

My thoughts exactly. If they could do the pattern with grass, similar to how MLB teams have logos in the outfield, it'd be really, really nice. Love the endzones, too.

There's been a rumor/report that they're looking to install an artificial surface. There could be designers at work as we speak.

Kevin Anderson spending more money that the Terps do not have.

There's been a rumor/report that they're looking to install an artificial surface. There could be designers at work as we speak.

Didn't the NCAA implement a rule that outlawed any new turf in colors other than green with Boise State and the school with the red turf being "grandfathered" in? I thought I'd heard that somewhere.

BB52Big.jpg

I wish this was real. It would definitely be really cool.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Imagine a hot game day in Maryland with them wearing black on a black field. Half the players would pass out in the first quarter. I'm interested in how it'll turn out, but I think it's a horrible idea and hope it ends up just being a rumor

Manchester-City-icon.png

Didn't the NCAA implement a rule that outlawed any new turf in colors other than green with Boise State and the school with the red turf being "grandfathered" in? I thought I'd heard that somewhere.

nope. Just a rumor. Fields can be any color(s) a school wants.

I think the nfl made that rule but not NCAA

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Kevin Anderson spending more money that the Terps do not have.

It's a donation that was made specifically for the new turf. Either they spent that donation on new turf, or they didn't receive the donation at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived