Favorite AL & NL MLB Teams?

Ndfreek12

I'm not a big baseball guy but have been getting into it a little bit more and more each season. My AL team is the Rays, due to proximity and ability to catch their games. I used to be all about the Mariners when I was young due to Griffey Jr and their uniforms/hats. ^_^

NL I really have no preference. If I had to pick, just toss a coin between the Diamondbacks and Marlins I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NL: Rockies

AL: Mariners

I guess I follow the Rockies more than I think I do. I don't really follow the Mariners that well; my 1st grade T-ball team was the Mariners (still have that teal-brimmed beauty from then). I'll root for the M's anytime I can find a game on. Strange, I know, but true.

spacer.png

AL: Lifelong Blue Jays fan.

NL: Pirates. Ever since I went to Pittsburgh last summer to take in a game at PNC, I've cheered for them to finally break their losing streak. Their fans deserve it, and it looks very promising this year.

Re: AL vs NL- I'm more of an AL fan, but I hate the DH. NL-Style ball is far more strategic and interesting to me.

Even though I grew up in Pittsburgh I'd have to say:

NL: Diamondbacks. Always been my #1 favorite team. Always dreamed of going to Arizona and especially Chase Field and last year I finally flew out to Arizona but only flew over Chase Field :(

AL: Orioles. Always hated the Yankees, Sox, and Rays. Big fan of Wieters and Jones. Also Camden Yards is amazing and city of Baltimore is good too. Great history as well.

NL- Mets. Born and raised a Met fan, my whole extended family are Mets fans who became Mets fans because they were Brooklyn Dodgers fans who wanted to root for a New York team but NOT the Yankees.

AL- Red Sox. Even though there is always such drama surrounding the team, I root for Boston because their fans share my deep hatred of the Yankees.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Top 5 NL teams for me:

1) Pittsburgh Pirates (Hometown team, great fans, bold colors, best stadium, the Lovable Losers )

2) San Francisco Giants (Great jerseys, rooted for them in 2010 WS, Willie Mays)

3) St. Louis Cardinals (Knowledgable fans, one of the few classic teams that deserve attention, rooted for them in 2011 WS)

4) New York Mets (Love the uniforms, hate the Yankees, connect the dots)

5) Chicago Cubs (I actually like Wrigley Field and their fans. I want them to break the curse)

HM) Tie between Marlins and Phillies

Top 5 AL teams:

1) Boston Red Sox (2004 season is my favorite MLB season, favorite group of players, and the best story in baseball history.

2) Toronto Blue Jays (Thanks for Travis Snider, it's payback for taking Joey Bats)

3) Detroit Tigers (McClendon, Leyland, Van Slyke)

4) Oakland Athletics (Best uniform set in the league)

5) LA Angels (For beating Bonds in 2002 WS, Mike Trout)

HM) Chicago White Sox (love the colors, hate the announcer)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

There's only one baseball team: the World Famous Baltimore Orioles of the American League. I'm a hometown guy, no matter where else I've lived. I haven't even given half a thought to a California team even though I've lived here (in Giants territory, I guess) for five years.

That said, the Nats are really growing on me. I don't usually go for relocated teams (I'm still a Skins fan, even though the Ravens have been in Baltimore a long time now and are the better team), but the Nats are a lot of fun to watch, I loved the stadium, and winning always helps.

So far as the DH rule goes, I'm partial to the AL style of play just because that's where I grew up. But the NL style has its definite benefits too. The sad part is, as others have said, within a decade or so, we won't be able to have our cake and eat it too, it'll be all DH all the time.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived