Favorite AL & NL MLB Teams?

Ndfreek12

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't really have a strong second team. There are a few NL teams I loosely follow and root for (Cardinals, Rockies, Pirates, Astros), but I probably wouldn't be able to tell you any of their regular starting lineups.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

AL: Yankees

NL: none. I just can't bring myself to root for another baseball team; it would feel like I'm cheating :blush: Plus, with all the vitriol I tend to receive for being a Yankees fan, especially since I dont live in New York anymore, I tend to reciprocate the hate onto all the other MLB teams haha.

AL: Toronto, because I've lived here my whole life.

NL: Philly, Cincy, and Washington. I cheer for the Phillies because of Halladay, the Reds because of Votto, and the Nats because they're the Expos.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

NL: THEY CAN ALL GO DIE IN A FIRE. I like some players, and despite my hatred of intentionally walking the #8 hitter and .105 in the 9 hole, I'll enjoy watching some games. But I don't have a "NL team".

Seems a tad harsh.

Not gonna lie, I've felt the same sentiment in the past, since, again being a Yankees fan outside of the NY area, you don't really engender any sympathy, mainly just disdain and a lot of smack talk, and it'll start wearing on you haha. Also, I always feel weird traveling in a NL city during baseball season. I don't know why, but it honestly feels different, at least whenever I see like baseball fan gear or hear something on the local radio/TV.

National League games have always felt weird for me too - not gonna lie.

I'm sure the fact that the AL has been the superior league for over a decade now plays a good part in that.

Furthermore, I don't really have an NL team, at all. It would be a huge stretch to say the Rockies, but that would be a lie since I feel absolutely no annoyance over their dismal 15-28 record. I have one team I root for, and that's the team residing in the Bronx. Always and forever.

spacer.png

AL team's obviously the Indians. Born in Youngstown, Ohio and my dad always pulled for the Cleveland teams.

NL team's the Nationals - I had always liked the idea of the Expos as a kid and kept pulling for them when they moved to the district. Plus, I train / play baseball at the same place that Drew Storen did / does, so there's that.

6fQjS3M.png

It's funny some people here say NL games feel weird to them. Being a fan of a NL team, going to AL games in person has always felt a little different.

I wonder if that different feeling will start to go away next year when we have interleague play all the time. I'm fine with it, but hope they keep it at just 18 games and no more. (playing one division+your "rival" team, play your rival twice every 3rd year).

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

It's funny some people here say NL games feel weird to them. Being a fan of a NL team, going to AL games in person has always felt a little different.

I wonder if that different feeling will start to go away next year when we have interleague play all the time. I'm fine with it, but hope they keep it at just 18 games and no more. (playing one division+your "rival" team, play your rival twice every 3rd year).

They're probably playing 20 I heard.

And it may be weird for AL fans because the NL actually plays baseball and doesn't have guys doing only half the work. :cough: DH :cough:

My dad was born in Pittsburgh and his family is from there too, but my dad also grew up in South Florida, so I'm a Pirates and Marlins fan. I've grown to really like the Rangers though since 2009. I really loved how they had a great team building up, and was happy for them almost winning the wild card, and since May 2009, they've been my favorite AL team.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

They're probably playing 20 I heard.

And it may be weird for AL fans because the NL actually plays baseball and doesn't have guys doing only half the work. :cough: DH :cough:

I just hope that it's a balanced rotation so there are no issues within a division regarding "strength of schedule" other than your rivalry series.

Didn't want to open the pandora's box that is the DH, but I did have an idea for a compromise (not that I ever see this happening). DH in both leagues, however, the DH can only be linked to one pitcher in a game. If you use a DH for the starting pitcher, once that pitcher is removed, you lose the DH. The DH could then go into the game for another position player later on if desired. You could also save the DH and use it later when a reliever enters the game. This would keep the greater strategy of the NL in play while getting rid of some of the what AL fans consider "wasted at-bats" by the pitcher in the NL.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

American League games feel weird to me because I come home with a scorecard that isn't crammed with pitchers in the fifth spot in the batting order? :P

Well, on Friday night, Houston used five pitchers in an inning against the Dodgers, and even with all the commercials and breaks in the game, I like it. I like the strategy and suspense of National League baseball, not only eight position players per game DH-ball.

Anyway, Dodgers and if I had to pick, Angels for the AL. I go to a few games in Anaheim a year and I don't mind them winning, as long as it's not at the expense of the Dodgers.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

NL - Mets fan, born & raised

AL - the masochist in me kind of likes the Royals, but honestly I don't really mind who does well in the AL, as long as it's not the Yankees

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Diehard tigers fan born and raised. Never really had the desire to cheer for another team, but the Florida Marlins came into the league just as I was really getting into baseball and I kind of fell in love with their original color scheme and logo, being into fishing myself. I always had a soft spot for them just for that. That has now all gone to the wayside.

On a side note, anyone know where one could find a nicely priced old style teal Marlins cap?

sig.png

Diehard tigers fan born and raised. Never really had the desire to cheer for another team, but the Florida Marlins came into the league just as I was really getting into baseball and I kind of fell in love with their original color scheme and logo, being into fishing myself. I always had a soft spot for them just for that. That has now all gone to the wayside.

On a side note, anyone know where one could find a nicely priced old style teal Marlins cap?

Yo. :P

http://www.mickeysplace.com/florida-marlins-19931994-home-diamond-collection-p-2151.html

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived