Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

If they de-emphasize the orange, I will be a little disappointed. Call me crazy, but I actually really like the Bobcats' uniforms. Not really into their logos or nickname, but the jerseys I do like. But then again, I liked the old Warriors jerseys too.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA has some rule how it doesnt cost money to recolor a current logo, thats why the Wizards, Knicks, Hawks, Cavs and now Bobcats did it.

Nuggets, Jazz, Heat and Bucks too.

6uXNWAo.png

Hmmm, it seems like they're de-emphasizing orange now.

They've been de-emphasizing orange for years. Look at their court and uniforms.

The NBA has some rule how it doesnt cost money to recolor a current logo, thats why the Wizards, Knicks, Hawks, Cavs and now Bobcats did it.

Don't forget the Nugs, Jazz, Raps, and Bucks, and any other teams that followed that trend.

Re: Bobcats colors,

I think their color scheme is fine the way it is, but they need an orange alternate.

Most uniforms look bad when a team is not performing well because you associate losing with that look.

Also, I am surprised that no one mentioned that this new supposed color scheme makes them look like the Tarheels.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Speaking of the Bucks, their draft caps have a maroon/burgundy colored visor instead of the red they use. I mean I don't know how much we should really look into this stuff, but then again, if someone found an officially recolored logo for Charlotte instead of a mock-up it would really clear things up!

32-44724-F.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Speaking of the Bucks, their draft caps have a maroon/burgundy colored visor instead of the red they use.

The Bucks already use a fairly dark shade of Red:

MilwaukeeBucks_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Not sure if they're changing or not; could be the thread color used in the cap.

Also, I am surprised that no one mentioned that this new supposed color scheme makes them look like the Tarheels.

Slowly evolving to the North Carolina Tarheels colourways

Don't forget the Nugs, Jazz, Raps, and Bucks, and any other teams that followed that trend.

So 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of blue, and orange? Downgrade.

It's a push. Neither an upgrade or a downgrade. The Bobcats have zero identity and until that changes, their colors and logos are irrelevant.

ept_sports_nba_experts-971549626-1251210722.jpg?yminYyBDl.OhKKqd

I liked the orange though. Their current duds just don't make me remember that they exist

I really liked the first Bobcat set. The orange was killer and the scripts and panel designs were bold and distinct. The only problem that first Bobcats set had was the primary logo. That was terrible. The alternate, however, was pretty awesome.

Every uniform change the Bobcats have made since they unveiled their first set has been a downgrade, in my opinion.

ept_sports_nba_experts-971549626-1251210722.jpg?yminYyBDl.OhKKqd

I liked the orange though. Their current duds just don't make me remember that they exist

I really liked the first Bobcat set. The orange was killer and the scripts and panel designs were bold and distinct. The only problem that first Bobcats set had was the primary logo. That was terrible. The alternate, however, was pretty awesome.

Every uniform change the Bobcats have made since they unveiled their first set has been a downgrade, in my opinion.

Agreed. The first set was so unique but now their current uniforms are just kind of plain. Doesn't help that their court is very plain too

COURT40K.jpg

Go A's!

I vastly prefer their current uniforms to those, especially the upgraded wordmarks and numbers, but wouldn't mind them a little more orange and an orange jersey. Just need to mix the two. (Btw, I actually prefer how the current side panels are "clear".) But if the current home wordmarks were orange with navy trimming, that'd be ideal.

I vastly prefer their current uniforms to those, especially the upgraded wordmarks and numbers, but wouldn't mind them a little more orange and an orange jersey. Just need to mix the two. (Btw, I actually prefer how the current side panels are "clear".) But if the current home wordmarks were orange with navy trimming, that'd be ideal.

Oh G-d...clear panels, the Bobcats, new uniforms? IT'S STARTING AGAIN! :upside:

:P

Meant they're the same color as the uniform and not filled in... I get your humor, though.

Meant they're the same color as the uniform and not filled in... I get your humor, though.

Yep I got what you meant. The joke was to good to pass up though :D

Archived