Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this is a slight downgrade from the previous set. I absolutely hate the "Cats" wordmark and I don't like the collar but that's just nitpicking. The wordmarks also look way too much like Dallas, but other than that I actually sort of like it. The light blue makes some sense for Carolina and I actually like the side panels. I'm glad they didn't try to throw grey in, but it makes me wonder why they ever put grey in the logos in the first place.

spacer.png

I can't really grasp this. Mainly because the logo recoloring lead me to believe more silver would be used. I think y'all are overreacting, these aren't that bad. I really just don't like the side panels, would like a better look at the backs. The side panels remind me of the Magic or Hawks. I hate random side paneling like those. I thought the former look was a top 10 in the league, now top 2/3 I would say.

Outside of the color choices on the home uniform, any similarity to the Mavs had already existed. The letters and numbers are still the same font as all their previous uniforms.

The real rip-off in my mind is they basically took the Magic's uniform template (pinstripes and all) and changed the colors.

I love the idea of the color scheme, but it seems like the missed the perfect shades of each color just a little bit. Bother the orange and light blue are too bright.

The 'CATS' wordmark is just awful. It might work on a college team's alternate jersey but not in the NBA. On the roads, the wordmark and numbers are the same color, which is great. On the homes, the wordmark and numbers are different colors. Both should be navy if that's the color of the away jersey, and seems to be the dominant color in the team's identity now.

The outlines of the sleeveholes and collar are orange, but it looks off without any orange in the wordmark. And those side panels are just random shapes and lines with no purpose, but we've been seeing a lot of that lately with Adidas's college uniforms.

Bad is the best word I can some up with.

I must be in the minority here cause I actually think this is a big upgrade over the previous set

I like them too. So we are at least 2 who don't think they are a disaster.

The unis do have quite a few colors, but it kind of works. They are sleaker than they ever been and they went with something that distinguishes them from the former Hornets franchise. And I also kind of like the Cats wordmark because it's way more stylish. Overall, this is going to be a unpopular opinion, but to me this is the best they ever looked.

I can't really grasp this. Mainly because the logo recoloring lead me to believe more silver would be used. I think y'all are overreacting, these aren't that bad. I really just don't like the side panels, would like a better look at the backs. The side panels remind me of the Magic or Hawks. I hate random side paneling like those. I thought the former look was a top 10 in the league, now top 2/3 I would say.

Thanks. I see the error of my ways and now like them.

When looking like the Magic doesn't work out, aim higher!

Sorry, but the Mavs pull this look off so much better. And "CATS"?? Goodness.

Jordan, sorry, but YOU SUCK! (as an owner.)

6uXNWAo.png

The first year of the pinstripes (when the collar was much better) was the best the ever looked. All they had to do was make an orange jersey. That was it. I haven't really done a ranking for NBA uniforms recently, but I know they'd been in the top somewhere. These new ones? Pure crap. No other way to say it. Just pure crap. Nothing good about them at all. Not one thing.

And IIRC, but was that not also the first (and so far only) time the Charlotte Bobcats made the playoffs?

nba-playoffs-preveiw-orlando-charlotte.jpg

Coincidence? Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No problem, God forbid one of like 4 Bobcats fans on this board give their opinion. There are many a worse uniforms in the NBA. Including the Thunder who I bet you support you bandwagon riding betch.

These uniforms wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so blatantly a product of every trend that's come across the NBA over the past few years (double blue, the name/number font). All they're missing is the red alternate.

These uniforms wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so blatantly a product of every trend that's come across the NBA over the past few years (double blue, the name/number font). All they're missing is the red alternate.

I wouldn't be so short if I was real tall.

That is what they is. You're basically saying that they'd be OK if they were "anything else." Of course, I can't disagree.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No problem, God forbid one of like 4 Bobcats fans on this board give their opinion. There are many a worse uniforms in the NBA. Including the Thunder who I bet you support you bandwagon riding betch.

Wow. Your age is showing.

Bad, on every possible level. Let's see:

- New colors, bad. The orange seems TOO bright, right now it just draws my eye to it wherever it is, and it's only an outline.

- Wordmarks and number fonts are way too overdesigned and clunky

- What's with the random flouro-orange horizontal strip at the neckline?

- Those side panels are ugly as sin, they would be bad enough plain, but shoehorning pinstripes in there I just cannot comprehend

- The pointy little continuation of the panel in front of/below the C logo on the shorts, just no.

- CATS!?!? Does anyone even call them that?

Side note, is it just me, or this the stealthiest serious uniform redesign in a long time? I swear we had almost no forewarning of this.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived