Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

I mean it is double blue, but it isn't the navy/powder blue combo the Jazz and Grizzlies switched to. Who did they rip the number font from? We don't have red as a color... Also to the Marlins guy, you have no room to talk. I hope we get the Hornets name back, but these are honestly pretty decent. If this were some new franchise teams first attempt I'm sure the majority of you would praise them. I'm content with these for now, I was expecting much worse.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't really grasp this. Mainly because the logo recoloring lead me to believe more silver would be used. I think y'all are overreacting, these aren't that bad. I really just don't like the side panels, would like a better look at the backs. The side panels remind me of the Magic or Hawks. I hate random side paneling like those. I thought the former look was a top 10 in the league, now top 2/3 I would say.

Thanks. I see the error of my ways and now like them.

No problem, God forbid one of like 4 Bobcats fans on this board give their opinion. There are many a worse uniforms in the NBA. Including the Thunder who I bet you support you bandwagon riding betch.

Wow. Your age is showing.

Your response and need to quote what I said was very mature of you. That wasn't meant to sway anybody's opinion, just the opinion of an actual fan of the team. But hey, congrats man, nice punches.

I mean it is double blue, but it isn't the navy/powder blue combo the Jazz and Grizzlies switched to. Who did they rip the number font from? We don't have red as a color... Also to the Marlins guy, you have no room to talk. I hope we get the Hornets name back, but these are honestly pretty decent. If this were some new franchise teams first attempt I'm sure the majority of you would praise them. I'm content with these for now, I was expecting much worse.

-Light blue, dark blue, orange scheme is very similar to OKC's colors

-Fonts are very similar to the Mavs. Using the navy team name, lighter blue number makes this even more obvious

-Pinstripes in the side panels are taken from the Magic. The shape of the panel is almost the same as well

In a vacuum, the only major complaint I'd have about these is that it says "Cats" instead of Bobcats. But you can't look at sports uniform designs in a vacuum and there are way too many design elements taken from other teams in the NBA.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

-Light blue, dark blue, orange scheme is very similar to OKC's colors

-Fonts are very similar to the Mavs. Using the navy team name, lighter blue number makes this even more obvious

-Pinstripes in the side panels are taken from the Magic. The shape of the panel is almost the same as well

In a vacuum, the only major complaint I'd have about these is that it says "Cats" instead of Bobcats. But you can't look at sports uniform designs in a vacuum and there are way too many design elements taken from other teams in the NBA.

I knew the font for the names was similiar to the Mavs, made only worse by the coloring of the front of the home jersey with the Cats and contrasting blues. I mean there are only so many unique color schemes available, at least the light blue isn't the color for the away, then yes that would be bad. Fair criticisms of it, not a fan of the side panels. But again these are pretty decent and I prefer them over the Thunder and many other teams uniforms. IMHO.

Other than the horrible wordmark and everything else already stated, I'm mostly scared for the stronger use of the (IMO) weird 'C' logo as evidenced by the logo on the sides of the shorts. It looks (once again IMO) nothing like a Bobcats letter should look, not nearly pointed enough.

C.gif

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On the road uniform, having the number offset to the right creates too much empty space on the uniform. But anyway...

Is it me or does the timing of introducing new colors, new wordmarks and new uniforms seem odd for Charlotte? There's much anticipation around the city here that the team could get the Hornets name back, at which point they'd have to change everything again. Does this signify Jordan and company trying to rebrand the Bobcats so they don't have to spend the money to get the Hornets name back?

Other than the horrible wordmark and everything else already stated, I'm mostly scared for the stronger use of the (IMO) weird 'C' logo as evidenced by the logo on the sides of the shorts. It looks (once again IMO) nothing like a Bobcats letter should look, not nearly pointed enough.

C.gif

It's supposed to be a crown, since Charlotte is the Queen City. I rather like it, clever IMO.

Add me to the like list. I like them. To the other Bobcats fans on here at atleast the bob is gone on the homes...lol. I like the colors, big improvement. One of the biggest to complaints from everyone I've come accross was they REFUSED to buy bobcats gear because there colors were so friggin terrible. Faded blue and orange...made all there gear ugly. Hopefully with the new colors that will change.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

I can't really grasp this. Mainly because the logo recoloring lead me to believe more silver would be used. I think y'all are overreacting, these aren't that bad. I really just don't like the side panels, would like a better look at the backs. The side panels remind me of the Magic or Hawks. I hate random side paneling like those. I thought the former look was a top 10 in the league, now top 2/3 I would say.

No problem, God forbid one of like 4 Bobcats fans on this board give their opinion. There are many a worse uniforms in the NBA. Including the Thunder who I bet you support you bandwagon riding betch.

Your response and need to quote what I said was very mature of you. That wasn't meant to sway anybody's opinion, just the opinion of an actual fan of the team. But hey, congrats man, nice punches.

Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion. Which obviously you think I can't by saying we're all "overreacting". And telling that Marlins fan he has "no room to talk". Btw, we started a thread for you over in the lounge.

On the road uniform, having the number offset to the right creates too much empty space on the uniform. But anyway...

Is it me or does the timing of introducing new colors, new wordmarks and new uniforms seem odd for Charlotte? There's much anticipation around the city here that the team could get the Hornets name back, at which point they'd have to change everything again. Does this signify Jordan and company trying to rebrand the Bobcats so they don't have to spend the money to get the Hornets name back?

Maybe he knows something we don't? Or it could be that they were to far along in this process that it couldn't be stopped before we knew the hornets name would become available. Which may mean they will rebrand again in a few years once NO rebrands.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

It's not just the Road unis, the Home numbers are offset too. I don't like offset numbers, looks dumb on Charlotte's and Dallas's unis.

And the timing is off but it almost is a signal that Charlotte isn't pursuing the Hornets name. If Charlotte does get the name back then the rebrand happens yet again.

Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion. Which obviously you think I can't by saying we're all "overreacting". And telling that Marlins fan he has "no room to talk". Btw, we started a thread for you over in the lounge.

You can give your opinion, this is a message board... I believe people are overreacting because it is easy to hate on the Bobcats. What you responded to wasn't a criticism of the uniform, an unwarranted jab at me. I don't see what thread you're talking about by the way.

Maybe he knows something we don't? Or it could be that they were to far along in this process that it couldn't be stopped before we knew the hornets name would become available. Which may mean they will rebrand again in a few years once NO rebrands.

Exactly what I was thinking.

You can give your opinion, this is a message board... I believe people are overreacting because it is easy to hate on the Bobcats. What you responded to wasn't a criticism of the uniform, an unwarranted jab at me. I don't see what thread you're talking about by the way.

No we were, as you put it "overreacting" because these uniforms look like a crappy collage of other teams' uniforms when what they were wearing was already great. A useless change for the worse. THAT'S why we hate the uniforms. Don't blame it on your insecurities for your struggling team.

No we were, as you put it "overreacting" because these uniforms look like a crappy collage of other teams' uniforms when what they were wearing was already great. A useless change for the worse. THAT'S why we hate the uniforms. Don't blame it on your insecurities for your struggling team.

You know what, I liked the old jerseys better as well. But for the change and for the collage of other uniform elements it isn't dreadful. I hate change for the sake of change as well. I'm not insecure about my teams FWIW. So there, done with that, lets move along with the thread. *extends olive branch*

It's not just the Road unis, the Home numbers are offset too. I don't like offset numbers, looks dumb on Charlotte's and Dallas's unis.

And the timing is off but it almost is a signal that Charlotte isn't pursuing the Hornets name. If Charlotte does get the name back then the rebrand happens yet again.

But there's not as much empty space on the home unis because "CATS" takes up more space vertically than does "CHARLOTTE" on the roads.

Archived