Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
175tMm.St.138.jpeg

Haha! Oh my god, those uniforms suck ass. I don't even need to be objective about it - those are goddamn awful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There are somethings I like about these new unis, like the road kit and also the use of the C logo, but there are things to fix. I'd wish it used more orange. Maybe a orange alt. Oh yeah, before I forget, CATS!? Just use Bobcats and move on.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Seriously, what was wrong with these?

gerald-wallace-033.jpg

wallace_chat_200.jpg

That was a top-10 look in the NBA. Now they've devolved into somehow ripping off the Magic, Mavs, and Thunder at the same time.

I don't like the sidepaneling, and was never a fan of those scripts. I don't mind the orange. I think the second uniforms were better than these though.

They cut off the wrong part of the name. Should be "The Bobs".

1.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bobcats previous jerseys: 6.5/10

Bobcats new jerseys: 3/10

The old ones had some style and uniqueness to them because they were only one of 2 teams in the league with pinstripes on the home and away set. Now they look like a cheap Mavericks rip off..

Cats? What do you mean Cats? 3 Uniform sets in 8 years? What lockout?

Their brand has been on a roller coaster ride since their inception. First the introduction of the new alternate logos in 2007. The minimalization of orange in 2008/2009. The new pinstripe unis in 2009. Only to be replaced by these atrocities in 2012 with the addition of grey and light blue. And now half the team nickname is gone. CATS. If I didn't know better I would've thought the WNBA went co-ed. Or the Bobcats purchased and rebranded a D-League team. What's really going on here?

For me the home jersey needs the full Bobcats script logo the Cats is just to big and awkward. The collar seems so plain too I know the wishbone works for the Heat, Mavs and Lakers but it just comes off so plain for the Bobcats. For me I did like this collar style the Bobcats used:

nba-playoffs-preveiw-orlando-charlotte.jpg

The 2 colour pinstripe especially on the home jersey looks to pajama looking for my taste and the core part of the side paneling where the jersey meets the shorts reminds me of Conrad's early attempt at the Orlando Magic uniform jersey patch for NBA Live at NLSC.

120620_jersey_16.jpg

I think the entire design process here involved Michael saying "We should get new uniforms. Like the Mavericks." before he left work for the day at 10:00am to play 38 holes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think we should have a contest in the concepts section to have a "10-minute Bobcats Challenge," where a handful of designers around here can whip up a bobcats concept better than the new digs inside of the time limit.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think we should have a contest in the concepts section to have a "10-minute Bobcats Challenge," where a handful of designers around here can whip up a bobcats concept better than the new digs inside of the time limit.

I behind a idea. I make concepts for bobcats campions.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Archived