2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I kinda like it! I feel like the logo and number should be flush, like on a baseball jersey, but it's just the right mix of traditional and progressive. It's a design I want to see more teams try (I thought Nebraska could pull off the number on the player's right and the N on his left). Could be an interesting change of pace every now and then.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the visiting team wear their white or dark jerseys against the Spurs when they wear this at home?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NBA rules would seem to say that anything that isn't white is to be opposed by white (thus those terrible yellow-v-white games), but maybe they'll relent here. I'd rather see silver and another color.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I bet they plan on putting ads on their jerseys. Look at all that space.

:wacko: Where is the usable space? Putting ads anyone on the jersey is terrible. Putting them in any of the open space currently present is just atrocious.

-Under the Spur?: Horrible.

-Opposite the Numeral?: More Horrible.

- Under the number on the back? Most Horrible.

Putting ads anywhere on a jersey looks atrocious.

Anyways, I rather like these. They're simple, different, and pretty nice-looking.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

NBA rules would seem to say that anything that isn't white is to be opposed by white (thus those terrible yellow-v-white games), but maybe they'll relent here. I'd rather see silver and another color.

I'm not sure about that. We've seen a good number of color-color match ups in recent years, like the Pacers and Hornets in yellow against another color team or even Carmelo's first game with the Knicks with the Knicks in blue against the Bucks in green.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I've never been a fan of the front jersey numbers up high near the collar like that to me its casual league sports team stuff. The off centre Spurs logo again makes it look like a dodgy home job even if their idea behind it was meant to be close to the heart. The heart is actually pretty close to the centre of our chest damn western movies and their misleading shots to the heart scenes. The SA monogram is nice though I do like it better than the Miami Heat one which seems just thrown on there and particularity ruins the alternate uniform for me personally.

the Miami Meat

logo_bangbros.jpg

Cheers for pointing out the typo I made.

I'm a Miami Heat fan but the MH logo on the shorts of the alternative shorts just ruins it for me I prefer the burning ball logo like on the home and away.

A point I forgot to mention in my original post is that the refs and fans are going to have a a hard time seeing the Spurs numbers on the front of the jersey and we all know refs are blind enough as is.

I knew those Spurs unis reminded me of something - the ABA's San Diego Conquistadors:

More recently, the Spurs jerseys remind me of the North Carolina and Michigan (and maybe other schools did it, can't remember) jerseys of circa 1999. Not a big fan of this look.

9900-nw-blanchard.jpg

y9Ptt.jpg

Woah, didn't know Julius Peppers played college ball too. Beast.

I knew those Spurs unis reminded me of something - the ABA's San Diego Conquistadors:

More recently, the Spurs jerseys remind me of the North Carolina and Michigan (and maybe other schools did it, can't remember) jerseys of circa 1999. Not a big fan of this look.

9900-nw-blanchard.jpg

y9Ptt.jpg

Can't find a pic, but Miami had one with the U above the number.

120919_jersey_300x450.jpg

WHOA!

I like the "SA" monogram, but not quite sure of the radical front...a bit too "TATC" for me.

I like the front of the jersey and the "SA" monogram. But I really don't like the side panels for San Antonio. They're fine objectively, but I think it's too great a departure from their current home/away unis.

The same, new logo-centric design with the old panels would've looked a lot better, and maintained a more cohesive brand IMHO.

those spurs jerseys are just not right for them. Maybe for some other team who likes to totally ditch tradition, but not the spurs

I tend to agree. The Spurs are kinda like the NJ Devils of the NBA. Neither team has the rich history of the Original 6 / Celtics/Lakers, but they both carved out a look that is very identifiable, rarely gets messed with and does not rely on gimmicky 3rd jerseys. (Then again, I want the devils to go back to green and red).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived