Nike to outfit A F L from head to toe...

The Arena Football League has entered into a three-year marketing partnership with NIKE. Beginning next season, NIKE will serve as the AFL's official supplier of uniforms, sideline headwear and sideline apparel. NIKE had already been designated the league's official supplier of gloves, footwear and performance wear.

As part of the partnership, NIKE will "develop a customized uniform silhouette specific to the AFL." NIKE and the AFL will work jointly to create this league-wide uniform style that will provide the league with said "customized uniform silhouette". Every team will be given the opportunity to redesign its uniform.

The deal covers all AFL franchises with the exception of Dallas and Philadelphia who have pre-existing uniform agreements. Dallas and Philadelphia will wear NIKE gloves, footwear and performance wear.

Under terms of the deal, NIKE AFL jerseys - both authentic and replica - will be available for purchase at national retailers, including current AFL retail partner CHAMPS Sports.

Brian in Boston

Great... Now the Arena League gets to be Nike's test kitchen for the next 3 years. :evil:

But maybe it won't be all that bad. I mean, as much as some of you like to bash the Oregon Ducks lightning unis, let me remind you of something. For those of us who've been watching arenaball since the early days (1990 for me), some of us remember the New York CityHawks and their all-gold uniforms. Yes, from helmet to pants, ALL GOLD. I wish I had a picture for you guys -- these have to be seen to be believed!

Paging Mr. Pukey Smilie...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

This will be interesting. Someone please alter the all-green monstrosity of the SJ SaberCats.

That's funny they said AFL merchandise is available at Champs this year too. How is that I've been to numerous Champs and I see nothing AFL.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Remember Zubas? Remember a team in the Arena league wearing them as their pants and I believe underarms of the jerseys? I can't remember the team...maybe the New Orleans team in the beginings...

next season every team will have the exact same uniform design, only with colors pasted into them like a template...

or is that just their stance on soccer? :)

Remember Zubas? Remember a team in the Arena league wearing them as their pants and I believe underarms of the jerseys? I can't remember the team...maybe the New Orleans team in the beginings...

The New Orleans Night had Zubaz unis as well. With white lettering. Nightmare to keep track on your favorite "Night" :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I really do fear this for a few reasons. Some of the teams have some cool looks going and it will be a shame for them to get dumped for no good reason. Also, I think Nike has been in a slump lately. I agree that we will see many of the teams in different colored templates, and some will be experimental. Going by the latest Miami and Oregon experiments, it may not be for the feint of heart.

C'mon Nike, pull yourself out of it.

I mentioned this before in another thread...but those fools also put Illinois in hazard orange from head to toe. Now I know its pretty much the state color with all the construction going on...but COME ON!

RTRICH I disagree. I like NIKE designs for the most part. VA Tech's new unis are a little daring and Miami's won't be too bad after awhile. Oregon? :puke: The Force need to throw theirs out. I bet a few teams keep their unis that they have. It's hard to think of a way to design a uni for the Crush that would look better than what they have now. Just get rid of all the teams wearing Denver style unis. (That's you Vegas, Orlando and Carolina) Detroit needs to trash theirs too. Put a logo on the other side for goodness sake. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams break out Nike assisted logos as well.

If they actually do the nationwide sales thing that would be great. I'd be pretty stoked. As it stands, only like 4 teams even sell replica jerseys. The worst thing that will happen is that they end up looking like the XFL did with their unis. I don't see Nike doing an NBDL look like Reebok did. I love NIKE though so I feel slightly slanted towards them.

For those of us who've been watching arenaball since the early days (1990 for me), some of us remember the New York CityHawks and their all-gold uniforms. Yes, from helmet to pants, ALL GOLD. I wish I had a picture for you guys -- these have to be seen to be believed!

Zubaz: NO Night, Albany Firebirds, Tampa Bay Storm, Orlando Predators

Well, it may not be the CityHawks, but it is close enough:

af2 Laredo Law:

243.jpeg

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Well, it may not be the CityHawks, but it is close enough:

af2 Laredo Law:

243.jpeg

Thank you reppact! I knew you'd come through! :D

As bad as the CityHawks looked, at least their helmets matched the rest of their uniform. Yikes... And honestly, their all-black look was pretty slick and any of their mix and match combos were okay. But the all-gold look... :puke:

And FWIW, it's been a big challenge for me throughout this topic not to refer to this defunct franchise (which went 5-23 in it's 2-year existance) by their PG-rated alternate nickname... ;)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I mentioned this before in another thread...but those fools also put Illinois in hazard orange from head to toe. Now I know its pretty much the state color with all the construction going on...but COME ON!

I actually got to see them up close and personal in the all-orange getups last year and I have to say that, surprisingly enough, it looked pretty good.

Remember Zubas?  Remember a team in the Arena league wearing them as their pants and I believe underarms of the jerseys? I can't remember the team...maybe the New Orleans team in the beginings...

The New Orleans Night had Zubaz unis as well. With white lettering. Nightmare to keep track on your favorite "Night" :D

I have Zubaz Dolphins pants. My Dad gave them to me as a present 8 years ago. I wore them once, to a game at a bar. I was laughed at. :D

I actually like a lot of the stuff Nike does. Even if their design are somewhat strange at times, it's still unique. Out of those unique designs, we're bound to like one. These designs, however ugly, break the mold and usher in new designs and a new way of thinking. This is going to be a definite positive.

BTW: This is my 1000th post.

Great... Now the Arena League gets to be Nike's test kitchen for the next 3 years. :evil:

But maybe it won't be all that bad. I mean, as much as some of you like to bash the Oregon Ducks lightning unis, let me remind you of something. For those of us who've been watching arenaball since the early days (1990 for me), some of us remember the New York CityHawks and their all-gold uniforms. Yes, from helmet to pants, ALL GOLD. I wish I had a picture for you guys -- these have to be seen to be believed!

Paging Mr. Pukey Smilie...

yeah, i remember the CityHawks' all gold....classy look IMO. now if somebody would go all-silver *coughPatscough* ;)

you wanna know what sucked? the Zubaz uniforms worn by several teams in the early 90s :blink:

i'll hold out hope that the Preds go back to the numbers they had before teh NBC deal, you know, the ones withthe slashmarks :D

that Law uni actually looks sharp, except for the helmet. and hey, looks like Tulsa rocks the silver too B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

For those of us who've been watching arenaball since the early days (1990 for me), some of us remember the New York CityHawks and their all-gold uniforms. Yes, from helmet to pants, ALL GOLD. I wish I had a picture for you guys -- these have to be seen to be believed!

Zubaz: NO Night, Albany Firebirds, Tampa Bay Storm, Orlando Predators

Reppact - 'the unknown word' is back. I havent seen you post in ages.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Actually the CityHawks alternated the all gold set after on year, not really much of a shock. They then switched to black helmets with the gold jersey and black jersey with the gold helmet. I think they were the first team to actually uase home/away helmets. I agree with my bro, Nike is usually a lot more creative with their football uniforms then soccer. Of course adidas does the same with their stuff for soccer too. Look at Euro 2004 teams. I expected Nike to take over the uniforms as soon as the shoes and gloves contract was announced. I really surprised Puma has given up on football altogether. Reebok has finally chased them out of Canada as well as they will be the official outfitters this season. That means they run the CFL, NFL, and NBA clothing lines now. I use to be a big Reebok backer, but Nike is a step ahead of them in football, soccer, and training gear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived