2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Greg McElroy has shown more in his 3 quarters of play than Mark Sanchez has in the last two seasons combined. I feel the Jets would still be in the playoff hunt had Rex stuck with McElroy after his comeback vs. the Cards.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many yards Jerry Rice picked up in garbage time while the 49ers were blowing teams out. It works both ways.

Rice also got the record with Steve Young throwing to him, while Megatron had to make do with Matt Stafford.

Hell, Isaac Bruce's 1,781 yards in 1995 might be more impressive than Rice's old record because he did it with washed-up Chris Miller throwing to him.

Well there were a couple of games with Mark Rypien too...

The Jags have better attendance than the Bears and Steelers? I find that hard to believe.

In raw numbers? I can buy that. Soldier Field is the smallest in the league by capacity.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Interesting fan-made infographic, unsure of it's numbers (Jags tix are among the easiest to procure in the NFL) but it's food for thought.

s6eqq.jpg

The Jags have better attendance than the Bears and Steelers? I find that hard to believe.

I can only speak from a Bears perspective, but Soldier Field is one of the smallest venues in the NFL, so those numbers are definitely off. The Jaguars have arguably the cheapest tickets in the league as well.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well Pittsburgh and many other teams have lists of people in the 10s of thousands just waiting for the chance to buy tickets, so that stat is very misleading. The Steelers and other teams in that category keep their stadiums a specific size because it maximizes revenue - small enough to keep the demand so high that they can charge what they do for the seats, concessions, clubs, etc. I highly doubt that the "total cost" of attending even a sold out game in jacksonville is even comparable to the cost of a game in most of those other places.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Interesting fan-made infographic, unsure of it's numbers (Jags tix are among the easiest to procure in the NFL) but it's food for thought.

s6eqq.jpg

Jags also have the third cheapeast tickets in the league and who knows how many comps/stubhub deals.

Its not impressive to me to have good attendance given those factors.

Either way the point of the infographic was to emphasize that the Jags alleged interest in Tebow shouldn't be mercenary or attendance related, and that not all Jags fans blindly want this guy in Florida.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Actually I think the most telling thing about that infographic is it shows just how bad the Jags black jersey looks, especially with the black/teal helmet. Total clash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jags also have the third cheapeast tickets in the league and who knows how many comps/stubhub deals.

Big stadium/small stadium or not, that's still something a lot of other NFL owners could stand to learn from. I get that C.R.E.A.N.F.L.O's and all, but Sam Walton came up with a great commerce model many moons back—you know, "stack 'em high, sell 'em low"—and it sure seems to be working for his empire. ;P Jaguars, too.

Of course, I realize this is both a weak and futile argument...just felt it was at least half-worth mentioning.

(Oh—and +1 to Vet's post up above, as well.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm listening to the Titans radio broadcast, and they mentioned how each year, the Green Bay Packers send everyone on their waiting list a postcard telling them what spot in line they're in. Some guy recently got his postcard, telling him that he's #226. He's been on their waiting list since 1976, I believe they said.

That line's moving right along....

Pretty much everyone is ahead of the Bears if you go by number of tickets sold without adjusting for the fact that Soldier Field Great Historic Mecca Of The Biggestest Football Town There Ever Was only seats 60,000.

It's the same thing in the NHL, where people are like "if Winnipeg is such a great market, THEN HOW COME THEIR ATTENDANCE IS SO LOW *reclines in desk chair, crosses arms, smiles smugly*," ignoring for the sake of rhetoric that there are only 15,000 seats, they cost firstborn sons, and they all sell out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Packers continue to be Cardinals-esque in their brain-melting ability to "turn it on" in the latter half of the season and make teams look foolish in comparison. Bunch of pricks.

Also since the Bears game doesn't kickoff until late, I've had the treat of watching Colts/Chiefs, and it's been a nice glimpse into what kind of season the Chiefs have had. Brady Quinn is a dumpster fire at quarterback, and the offensive playcalling is the most mercurial and frustrating blend of "Great call!" and "What the f*** was that!?" I've seen in a good while. The Chiefs averaged about 10 yards per carry with Charles and Hillis both having a good game, and yet on 3rd and short they let Quinn pass. How Quinn is still in the NFL is beyond me. Some of his passes today were just total abominations.

The Chiefs defense also couldn't go without displaying it's braindead and hollow nature. They played decent enough taking a tie game deep into the 4th quarter. The offense tries one of the aforementioned "What the hell?" calls on 4th and 1 (QB sneak despite having 2 huge bruising running backs who, like I said, were having great games), and without fail relinquished a scoring drive to Luck and the Colts.

After another horrific and cowed offensive series, the Chiefs D needed to force a 3 and out to get the ball back. After two no-gain runs, the Chiefs spent both remaining timeouts and all the defense needed to do was stop a 3rd and 10 running play. Instead the Colts runner easily slashes upfield for an 11 yard gain and the clock is subsequently run out.

thats-one-big-pile-of-shit.gif

twitter

Cincy leads Pittsburgh 13-10! I don't really care for the Steelers so this is cool.

CS85, I think the NY Giants are the Cardinals of the NFL.

Also I just saw 11 sacks for the Chargers against the Jets? Wow.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's beautiful to watch a Steve Spagnuolo defense in action when he isn't coaching your team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, the Rams still have a chance of finishing above .500 next week for the first time since 2003 to go with the possibility of dicking Seattle out of a playoff spot.

Also Josh Freeman, word of advice-stop throwing at Trumaine Johnson dude....

RamsWin.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pats just squeaked out a win. Defense better cowboy up or else they'll be looking at a first round playoff exit.

Oh well, though. Jets lost again. El oh el.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived