2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding a few of the ones with Brady an the coaches/players, it's really not far off from what they may have been saying. All the random pre-snap terminology and scheme names, etc don't need to make any sense.

Edit: Bears have hired Marc Trestman.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh = HQ of PNC Bank.

For the record, that isn't even Flacco's worst acting/reading job.

An explanation from the man himself --

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-ae-screaming-ravens-fan-20130115,0,7259310.story

As a side note, I may know his wife . . . unless there is another Rachel LeTourneau in the Baltimore area.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh = HQ of PNC Bank.

For the record, that isn't even Flacco's worst acting/reading job.

An explanation from the man himself --

http://www.baltimore...0,7259310.story

As a side note, I may know his wife . . . unless there is another Rachel LeTourneau in the Baltimore area.

well Keith oughta relax. I've seen 0 playoff wins in my life and when the Bengals lost to the Texans a couple weeks ago I shrugged and drank a few beers. How many times have the Ravens won in the playoffs recently? It's a good number. This guy should be used to it by now.

I accepted a long time ago that what I do as a fan has no impact on the team's performance so it's not worth it getting too high or too low. Of course I cheer when good stuff happens and I get upset when things don't go my way (very used to the latter), but I'm not going to become irrational one way or the other over things I can't control.

sidenote: I think the Ravens might have the least flattering jerseys for fans to wear.

PvO6ZWJ.png

@ Hedley...

keep_calm_and_dream_on_postcard-p239660715584748206baanr_400.jpg

We'll see. I think the Niners have a real chance especially considering they were so close last year. They have recent championship game experience while the Falcons are still giddy over winning their first Smith/Ryan-era playoff game (despite coming a few yards & seconds from blowing a 20-point 4th quarter lead...at home).

Taking off my Falcon-hater hat for a (brief) moment, any objective observer surely agrees that the Falcons proved nothing by winning the way they did last week.

You know it's been a crappy season when you're reduced to rooting for a team you can't stand (Niners) against a team you can't stand even more. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

wrong thread

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think the Niners have a real chance especially considering they were so close last year. They have recent championship game experience while the Falcons are still giddy over winning their first Smith/Ryan-era playoff game (despite coming a few yards & seconds from blowing a 20-point 4th quarter lead...at home).

Taking off my Falcon-hater hat for a (brief) moment, any objective observer surely agrees that the Falcons proved nothing by winning the way they did last week.

You know it's been a crappy season when you're reduced to rooting for a team you can't stand (Niners) against a team you can't stand even more. :wacko:

I think it is a little more fundamental than that.

If you look at the "three phases", SF is better in each of the three. Better defense and slightly better offense. Special teams is a push as Bryant is more reliable than Akres, but I would still rather have Andy Lee as punter over Bosher and Ginn/James as returner or Jaquizz.

Defensively, SF is exceptional at being able to pressure the QB with just four guys and hold teams to 33% for 3rd down. conversion.

sidenote: I think the Ravens might have the least flattering jerseys for fans to wear.

Ya know, I thought the same exact thing when I saw that video.

Probably goes with the same uniform combo problem the Ravens have, the jersey just doesn't really pair all that well with anything.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think the Niners have a real chance especially considering they were so close last year. They have recent championship game experience while the Falcons are still giddy over winning their first Smith/Ryan-era playoff game (despite coming a few yards & seconds from blowing a 20-point 4th quarter lead...at home).

I think it is a little more fundamental than that.

If you look at the "three phases", SF is better in each of the three. Better defense and slightly better offense. Special teams is a push as Bryant is more reliable than Akres, but I would still rather have Andy Lee as punter over Bosher and Ginn/James as returner or Jaquizz.

Defensively, SF is exceptional at being able to pressure the QB with just four guys and hold teams to 33% for 3rd down. conversion.

Yeah, and all that too. :D

Ya know, I thought the same exact thing when I saw that video.

Probably goes with the same uniform combo problem the Ravens have, the jersey just doesn't really pair all that well with anything.

I think that's why most of the Ravens fans I saw at the Bengals-Ravens game opted for the black or white jerseys. Very few were in purple.

PvO6ZWJ.png

....except the fact that the Falcons won a playoff game. Something you and other football fans have been asking the Falcons to do all year long.....win a playoff game. Win a game when it matters.

Against the team many felt was going to beat not only the Falcons, but reach the Super Bowl.

Stats show that the Seahawks and 49ers are pretty similar on offense and defense, and the Seahawks just beat the 49ers by nearly 30 points like three weeks ago. The 49ers aren't these world-beaters everyone is making them out to be. Kaepernick most likely won't have that kind of game twice in a row.

....except the fact that the Falcons won a playoff game. Something you and other football fans have been asking the Falcons to do all year long.....win a playoff game. Win a game when it matters.

Against the team many felt was going to beat not only the Falcons, but reach the Super Bowl.

Stats show that the Seahawks and 49ers are pretty similar on offense and defense, and the Seahawks just beat the 49ers by nearly 30 points like three weeks ago. The 49ers aren't these world-beaters everyone is making them out to be. Kaepernick most likely won't have that kind of game twice in a row.

I think you're reaching. You're right, it was a W and in the end that's all that matters. But as I said, any objective observer would be far less than impressed by how they did it. Think about it...they said that playoff teams trailing by 20+ at halftime were something like 1-56 and trailing by that much entering the 4th quarter? 0-83. But the Falcons came within 8 seconds of being the 1 in 1-83.

And if you want to go back to what happened a few weeks ago, the Falcons lost to the Bucs...at home.

What's great is that we'll see on Sunday. If you'd like to place a small wager, if the Falcons win I'll display "Go Falcons!" or "Rise Up!" (your choice) in my sig for a week. If SF wins, you display "Who Dat!" for a week in yours. Bet is straight up (I.e. no points given) and sigs must be of a size to be legible. You in?

I think you're reaching. You're right, it was a W and in the end that's all that matters. But as I said, any objective observer would be far less than impressed by how they did it. Think about it...they said that playoff teams trailing by 20+ at halftime were something like 1-56 and trailing by that much entering the 4th quarter? 0-83. But the Falcons came within 8 seconds of being the 1 in 1-83.

And if you want to go back to what happened a few weeks ago, the Falcons lost to the Bucs...at home.

What's great is that we'll see on Sunday. If you'd like to place a small wager, if the Falcons win I'll display "Go Falcons!" or "Rise Up!" (your choice) in my sig for a week. If SF wins, you display "Who Dat!" for a week in yours. Bet is straight up (I.e. no points given) and sigs must be of a size to be legible. You in?

Who really cares about how 'impressive' a playoff win is? A win is a win in the playoffs. Games are 60:00 long, not 30:00 or 59:52. All that matters is what the scoreboard reads at 60:00.

The knock on the Falcons was that "They've never won a playoff game under Mike Smith and Matt Ryan.". Can't say that now. They've shown they're very capable of winning a playoff game. Doesn't matter how pretty the wins are in the playoffs, or the regular season for that matter. I'll gladly take two more ugly, unimpressive victories if that means the Falcons reach and win the Super Bowl.

As for that Tampa Bay game, the coaches and players mentioned that they used a pretty vanilla game plan that week. Since the team had already clinched everything there was to clinch, the goal was to keep players in as fresh of a game-shape as possible, since they knew they had the next week off. The mere mentioning of the Tampa Bay game is reaching on your behalf.

And as I've said before, sig bets are pretty lame. I'll be content with you telling me where the best places to eat in New Orleans are when the Falcons play there in a couple weeks.

Archived