2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

When are coaches going to learn that 'icing' the kicker is among the dumbest strategy in sports.

You dare question the genius that is an NFL head coach?

So coaches are still geniuses after all? I guess the NFL has just turned on Greg Schiano exclusively. That guy's not gonna last.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of terrible. I give you the Denver Broncos.

Yeah, I was wondering where that stench of burnt horse's ass was coming from... guess it was from Denver.

And with Arizona up 17-0 on Philly, dare we say that the Cards are, gasp, pretty good?

Until Vick coughed one up at the redzone and the Cards took it to paydirt on a 91 yard fumble TD return. 24-0 Cards.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

The following applies even had the Saints won today: if there was ever one game that summed up why the regular refs must come back now, this is it. The officiating was an absolute abomination, not in terms of going against one team or another, just horrific missed call after horrific missed call and replay/reversals out the a**, and officials clearly unqualified to call a high school JV game. An absolute embarrassment to the league.

On to the Saints. They went old school on us today. That was the kind of soul-crushing loss I got used to back in the day. :cursing:

And guys, gloat all you want. This is the Saints' 46th season and I've been a fan for 43 of those. This is the 19th time they've started 0-2 or worse. In '73 the first game was a 62-7 beatdown by the Falcons (what's a coach say in the locker room after that??). So while disappointing, this is old hat. A long, long time ago I jokingly suggested to a friend that we fans had to think about "next year" so often that the team should change their name to the "Auld Lang Synes." :D

God help 'em at Lambeau next week. Prediction: they'll either win or get beat about 48-17.

As I said previously, at this point, my definition of "success" for 2012 is beat the Falcons at least once and not have Atlanta win the SB - Dear God, especially not in New Orleans. It's kind of interesting because this is where having won the SB in '09 really comes into play for me personally. I'd be much more upset about how awful they are this year if not for that.

The Falcons have been impressive. Despite a short week and being on the road all the way out on the West Coast, they're still dominating (though the Chargers have been underwhelming at best).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Darrius Heyward-Bey being carted off after a hard hit in the Raiders-Steelers game. Took a shot to the side of his helmet and went down in a heap. No standard wave to the fans, hasn't moved anything... doesn't look good. Hoping for the best.

[edit] there's the wave to the fans. Whew. Extremely worried there for a minute.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

So KC was the "other" worst D in the NFL (tied with the Saints). And yet...

Drew Brees completions in fourth quarter and overtime: 0

Yards gained by New Orleans in fourth quarter and OT: -16

As tough as it is to say this, the Saints are arguably the worst team in the league right now.

BTW, anybody see Dexter McCluster's elbow fold backwards? That was nasty. Hope he's ok.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived