2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

No way Tate is gonna get suspended for that. If he was a repeat offender like James Harrison and the helmet to helmet hit against the Browns last year, then he probably would, but I can't see a suspension for him for this hit.

You're probably right, but one can dream?

RIP Steve Sabol. Without Steve and his father, the NFL wouldn't be what it is today. A true visionary.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add Vince Young to the list of broke athletes.

Has made around $30 million during his NFL career. Aparently all gone now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/18/vince-young-is-broke/

IIRC, Vince Young scored one of the lowest scores ever on the on the Wonderlic, which would probably explain the problems he's encountered on and off the field since going pro.

6uXNWAo.png

Add Vince Young to the list of broke athletes.

Has made around $30 million during his NFL career. Aparently all gone now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/18/vince-young-is-broke/

IIRC, Vince Young scored one of the lowest scores ever on the on the Wonderlic, which would probably explain the problems he's encountered on and off the field since going pro.

At least you got the questions "Your Name" and "Today's Date" right, Vinse.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This week we'll find out what kind of year it's going to be in New Orleans. If they beat down the Chiefs by 15+ points (at least), there's some hope (though I cringe to think what may happen Sept. 30 @ Lambeau). A close win or loss means Roger Goodell will more than likely get his wish and wreck the 2012 season. I'm not blaming Goodell; he doesn't play defense for the Saints, though he'd probably be about as effective right now as 3/4 of the guys who do. :cursing:

The D has been horrible, and this may just be homer reasoning, but they did face two of the most unconventional offenses/QBs in the league. If they make Matt Cassel look Bradyesque this week (which I truly fear), we can basically start looking forward to 2013 because it won't matter if Brees and Co. put up 30 a game, the D will give up 35.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Goodell wasn't sitting in his office, stroking a white Persian cat musing to himeself about the ways he could screw over the New Orleans Saints in 2012.

Your team did something wrong, they got punished. That's all it was. As a Chargers fan I can sympathize with watching your team not live up to expectations and start off slow, but please stop with the victim shtick.

This week we'll find out what kind of year it's going to be in New Orleans. If they beat down the Chiefs by 15+ points (at least), there's some hope (though I cringe to think what may happen Sept. 30 @ Lambeau). A close win or loss means Roger Goodell will more than likely get his wish and wreck the 2012 season. I'm not blaming Goodell; he doesn't play defense for the Saints, though he'd probably be about as effective right now as 3/4 of the guys who do. :cursing:

The D has been horrible, and this may just be homer reasoning, but they did face two of the most unconventional offenses/QBs in the league. If they make Matt Cassel look Bradyesque this week (which I truly fear), we can basically start looking forward to 2013 because it won't matter if Brees and Co. put up 30 a game, the D will give up 35.

I know preseason wankery and all that, but the Chiefs offense did not look good against the Rams defense at all. If you get into a shootout with these guys, well, "fire Spags" seems to be a pretty reasonable response.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Since when is Wes Welker a crybaby?

He was low-balled by the Pats during contract talks, slapped with the franchise tag and sat out until it was mandatory to show. It's clear Welker's still being a little bitch about it if the Pats are ready to deal him right now.

6uXNWAo.png

Goodell wasn't sitting in his office, stroking a white Persian cat musing to himeself about the ways he could screw over the New Orleans Saints in 2012.

Your team did something wrong, they got punished. That's all it was. As a Chargers fan I can sympathize with watching your team not live up to expectations and start off slow, but please stop with the victim shtick.

+1

I think Roger Goodell should've went "Pete Rose" on those members of the Saints (Williams, Vilma, etc.) who participated. To me, placing bounties, intentionally going for kill shots on other players ranks right up there with betting on the game. It's dirty. It's gutless. It's inexcusable.

So please stop your bitching. Yeah, they're gonna lose some games this season. SO WHAT? You still win because the Saints got off way too fukcing easy.

6uXNWAo.png

Since when is Wes Welker a crybaby?

He was low-balled by the Pats during contract talks, slapped with the franchise tag and sat out until it was mandatory to show. It's clear Welker's still being a little bitch about it if the Pats are ready to deal him right now.

How in the world is that considered being a bitch? It's perfectly reasonable for him to have a desire to get paid what he thinks he's worth, and by placing the tag on him, he feels that he's missing out on the signing bonus that a new deal would bring, as well as risking injury and only getting paid for one year as opposed to being on a big deal.

For anyone who thinks that athletes are bitches for holding out and wanting good deals, put yourself in their shoes. If any of us had this kind of leverage at our jobs, we'd probably try to get paid as much as we could too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How in the world is that considered being a bitch? It's perfectly reasonable for him to have a desire to get paid what he thinks he's worth, and by placing the tag on him, he feels that he's missing out on the signing bonus that a new deal would bring, as well as risking injury and only getting paid for one year as opposed to being on a big deal.

For anyone who thinks that athletes are bitches for holding out and wanting good deals, put yourself in their shoes. If any of us had this kind of leverage at our jobs, we'd probably try to get paid as much as we could too.

Deadspin touched on this today vis a vis the replacement refs:

People try to frame business struggles like this in moral terms (see Mr. Gregggggg below). The refs are greedy! They only work part-time! They have other jobs! People talk about :censored: like this as if it matters. As if having one job means you don't have the right to try and get more money at another job. That's complete bull :censored:. This is America. If you have a unique skill set, and you think can leverage more money out of someone who wants your services, there's NOTHING wrong with that. If you think the NFL will eventually cave simply because the league doesn't want its brand to suffer from all the :censored:ty refereeing, you might lose, but you're not being un-American. There's nothing more American than trying to squeeze other mother:censored:ers for every last penny. There are no "fair" offers. There is only the best offer, and it's your goddamn right to see if you can get it. There's this bizarre mentality that there are only, like, six productive people in the country, all of whom are billionaires. They rest of us simply make money at their behest. Forget 47 percent. I'm talking about virtually everyone being devalued. I don't really know how it came to that, because it's so innately :censored:ed up. If you think you have a skill worth leveraging against the Ginger Hammer and his big stupid face, you have every right to see it through.

Bolding mine. He's right too, except we can add on that everyone else is overpaid. Each person believes that he himself has earned every cent he owns.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived