2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to tell who's screwing things up more. Peyton or these scab refs.

And I also can't believe the Broncos are only down 13 points. Feels like Atlanta should be up by 30.

Exactly. And living near Atlanta as I have for many years, don't be surprised if the Falcons fade quickly in the 2nd half and Peyton pulls out a win.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hard to tell who's screwing things up more. Peyton or these scab refs.

And I also can't believe the Broncos are only down 13 points. Feels like Atlanta should be up by 30.

Exactly. And living near Atlanta as I have for many years, don't be surprised if the Falcons fade quickly in the 2nd half and Peyton pulls out a win.

I wouldn't be either. Manning's not going to throw 3 picks in the second half as well and the Falcons have not taken full advantage of Denver's shotty play in the first half. That could wind up biting them in the second half.

We can't be that far away from "Coach or fan lectures ref with copy of NFL playbook in hand to cite".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If anyone's watching the Dallas-Seattle game, the refs just missed Golden Tate launching into Sean Lee's neck and nearly knocking him out. Instead they called a penalty on the Cowboys for tapping Wilson out of bounds. It's funny how the NFL loves to talk about a "safer" game then has refs turn an eye to that. It's still the same game and they still love the "big" hits. I almost can't watch the NFL with these morons reffing the games.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about. No penalty

golden-delivered-9-16-12.gif

I thought it was a clean hit. Its not like he nailed him from behind or even the side. He hit him right under the chin strap and he can't be considered a defenseless player. Not Tate's fault Lee wasn't looking at him.

He also launched himself off the ground and used his helmet as a weapon, though.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Tate basically sets and launches himself helmet-first right into the top of Lee's chest. That's the kind of hit that can seriously injure someone. (A la Hines Ward on Keith Rivers a few years back.) I'm not being a sore loser or anything, the Cowboys got killed today. But I just think it's silly how the NFL is trying to make the game "safer" but then they have officials not call blatant penalties like that.

It was about as clean of a block as you can get. Maybe his helmet made too much contact, but it wasn't blatant spearing.

But, a hit under the chin is a penalty too. New rules say as much.

The NFL rulebook states regarding unnecessary roughness penalties:

Rule 12-2-8 (j) "if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/"hairline" parts) to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent's body. "

That hit was dirty and the refs completely dropped the ball on that play by calling a 15-yard penalty on Carter for putting his hand on Wilson's shoulder as he was going out-of-bounds instead of Tate's illegal block.

I want to make it clear that the Cowboys did not lose because of that missed call. The Seahawks, to their credit, dominated the Cowboys for the better part of 3 quarters. They deserved to win that game. I'd just like to see that scumbag Tate get fined and suspended.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

No way Tate is gonna get suspended for that. If he was a repeat offender like James Harrison and the helmet to helmet hit against the Browns last year, then he probably would, but I can't see a suspension for him for this hit.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

:cursing:

A win is a win but 4 turnovers in the first quarter and it turns into a nail-biter? I don't think the Falcons are as scary as they think they are.

2-0 vs. 0-2. Weee!

It's early yet. Let's see who's happy at the end of the season. Yeah, it very well may be you this year, but the Falcons have a habit of folding up when it counts. It'll be a good season for me as long as 1) the Saints beat the Falcons at least once and 2) nobody in a Falcons uni ends up holding up the Lombardi.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Here comes trouble

Just saw this on twitter from Roger Vacchiano Eagles RB LeSean McCoy told @SportsRadioWIP a replacement ref told him during a game: "I need you for my fantasy" football team. #NFL

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived