2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

So long to Brian Orakpo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063425/article/brian-orakpo-adam-carriker-suffer-seasonending-injuries

Its the first year since Joe Gibbs was the coach that I actually think the Redskins have a somwhat decent chance at making the playoffs, but I'm not so sure now. That's an average defense that doesn't have much depth. There's no way they're not going to feel that.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know it's probably some combination of me just being a Cowboys homer, really liking the way Sean Lee plays, and hating Golden Tate, but I'll always think that's an illegal hit. I just don't see where he leads with his shoulder at all but that's just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.

Also on the final play of the Tampa Bay and New York game I have no problem with what the Bucs did. You have to remember that this team lost their final 10 games last year and basically quit near the end. Schiano is trying to give this team that kind of "no quit" attitude and playing until the final whistle is apart of that. Plus if they did somehow get a turnover from that and won the game we would've been praising them for doing it.

Well he's sure not doing a good job since the team already blew a lead in the second half. It's just a dirty thing to do. Of course you can say they were trying to create a fumble, but they were just taking out their anger from blowing the game on guys that weren't expecting any contact on the play. You tell the ref you're taking a knee or the ref asks if you are and then tells the defense. It's just a scummy move to do anything other than go through the formality of the play and Coughlin and Manning have every right to be upset about it. Of course there's nothing against the rules that they did wrong, but the Giants (and probably other teams) won't forget that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Also on the final play of the Tampa Bay and New York game I have no problem with what the Bucs did. You have to remember that this team lost their final 10 games last year and basically quit near the end. Schiano is trying to give this team that kind of "no quit" attitude and playing until the final whistle is apart of that. Plus if they did somehow get a turnover from that and won the game we

would've been praising them for doing it.

How would you feel if Romo hurts his ankle from the same thing next week if the Bucs do that at the end of the game?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So long to Brian Orakpo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063425/article/brian-orakpo-adam-carriker-suffer-seasonending-injuries

Its the first year since Joe Gibbs was the coach that I actually think the Redskins have a somwhat decent chance at making the playoffs, but I'm not so sure now. That's an average defense that doesn't have much depth. There's no way they're not going to feel that.

What the heck is wrong with Adam Carriker? He always gets hurt the second he sets foot in the Edward Jones Dome.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also on the final play of the Tampa Bay and New York game I have no problem with what the Bucs did. You have to remember that this team lost their final 10 games last year and basically quit near the end. Schiano is trying to give this team that kind of "no quit" attitude and playing until the final whistle is apart of that. Plus if they did somehow get a turnover from that and won the game we

would've been praising them for doing it.

How would you feel if Romo hurts his ankle from the same thing next week if the Bucs do that at the end of the game?

I would blame their coaching staff. If they were stupid enough to not be prepared for Tampa Bay doing that again, then I would be pissed at them.

Actually knowing the Cowboys I would pretty much expect that to happen, and half of the O-line and Romo to get injured. :P

I don't know it's probably some combination of me just being a Cowboys homer, really liking the way Sean Lee plays, and hating Golden Tate, but I'll always think that's an illegal hit. I just don't see where he leads with his shoulder at all but that's just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.

And, annoyingly, you're right. Long-time NFL official Terry McAuley was on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the ref lockout and was asked about it. "Clearly a foul," was his response. Apparently now in the Lingerie Footb-sorry, National Football League, it is illegal for a blocker to "blindside" another player. For an offensive player, this includes throwing a block back towards your own goal line on a defender in pursuit.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like them because I'm not big fan of your average NFL team being able to throw the ball 250 yards a game as is the case now. This is a ground and pound offense that can throw if they wanted to but chooses not to and can still be highly effective.

I don't want to be taken as someone who thinks that's the only way you should be able to play. If every team in the NFL played like the Niners I would say the same thing about too many teams running the ball and not throwing it. I just don't think one style of play should just become the norm for what all 32 teams do. To me that's boring and I think it is starting to happen. The Niners I see as one of the last holdouts of going to the pass the ball 1st, 2nd and 3rd down philosophy that seems to have taken over the league.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks to the passing explosion, NFL football has gotten kind of boring. I'm not saying every team should run the 49ers offense, but it is great to watch a team that isn't passing 8 out of every 10 plays.

You should watch Bills games. Their wildcat offense is adorable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jeez how long is this game taking? Just turned it on now to see that they're still in the 1st quarter. This one's gonna go well past midnight ET.

Took them 8 minutes to run one play to end the 1st quarter.

And yeah this game is brutal as it is with the start time if you live on the East Coast.

This ref lockout is just getting embarrassing now

I could've sworn Samuel did an Alex Burrows dive which started that scrum.

True, but the refs made a complete hash of handling it, just like they have with seemingly every call in this game so far; this has been ugly.

Officials in control of the game and that doesn't blow up like that.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived