2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

"MY TEAM OF BLACK GUYZZ FROM FLORADA IZ BETTAH THAN UR TEAM OF BLACK GUYZZ FROM FLORADA!!!!"

I've been looking for a reason to use this gif, so thanks.

k7VW1.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this years cowboys is reminding me of the old campo era cowboys where the game would be littered with false starts mainly by flozell adams and Q running for his life due to a non-existent offensive line. unless there is significant improvement, i fail to see this team being a super bowl team this year. i know it's early and there is a season to be played but there are a lot of things that concern me with this team right now.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thoughts on the Bengals-Redskins game

- RGIII will be a good player.

- the Redskins burgundy jerseys with yellow pants is a terribly ugly look, almost as ugly as any of the Bengals uniforms.

- The Bengals defense looked great in the first half, horrible in the second half.

- Marvin Lewis still makes really weird decisions. ie fake field goal early in the game, taking a delay of game penalty on 4th and 1 with 2 minutes left, playing prevent defense up 14 with 5 minutes left.

- the officials told the clock to run off ten seconds from 1:07 left in the game to 57 seconds. They never took the time off the clock and the officials didn't notice. This gave the Redskins at least 2 extra plays including their hail mary.

- I'm not very confident in the Bengals over the long-haul. The defense has looked bad for the first three games, and the offense has been too reliant on the big play. These are correctable problems, but they need to figure it out before their schedule gets really tough.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are you kidding the bergandy and gold are one of the best looks in the NFL. The Redskins yellow pants are among the best in the NFL.

Also this just in

When Belichick grabbed the ref. He yelled Hey I just met you and tried to give him his number to call him maybe

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Are you kidding the bergandy and gold are one of the best looks in the NFL. The Redskins yellow pants are among the best in the NFL.

I am not kidding the bergandy and gold are not one of the best looks in the NFL. The Redskins yellow pants are not among the best in the NFL.

Also this just in

When Belichick grabbed the ref. He yelled Hey I just met you and tried to give him his number to call him maybe

ugh. Just. ugh.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Kyle Shanahan actually chased after a ref in the tunnel after the game. The sab refs have been fantastic

http://www.businessinsider.com/kyle-shanahan-yells-at-referees-2012-9

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am not kidding the bergandy and gold are not one of the best looks in the NFL. The Redskins yellow pants are not among the best in the NFL.

While I tend to like that color scheme, I just don't think those yellow pants are working. When I heard they were doing it, I thought it sounded great. I cannot put my finger on it, but it's just not working. I'd rather they go to white with the dark jersey and burgundy with the white jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I saw most of the Bills games yesterday and boy was CJ Spiller having a special year. The game was instantly different once he left the field. Luckily the Browns are a JV team, so the Bills held on.

It's weird how many outstanding running backs have been through Buffalo in the past few years: Henry, McGahee, Lynch, Jackson and now Spiller. That's a pretty good record for a team that hasn't won squat in a decade.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Belichick's antics aside, there's no question that the officiating in this game and many others was far below NFL standards.

Normal NFL officiating standards being what they are, that's really saying something.

Do you blame the replacement referees though or just the NFL and the regular officials? These guys are out there doing the best they can in a tough situation. Are they the best? No. Is it their fault they're in there in the first place though? It's not like these referees kicked out the regular ones. If you want to blame anyone, blame the league and the regular officials for not coming to an agreement. Don't blame the guys out there, it's not their fault they're out there.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Kyle Shanahan actually chased after a ref in the tunnel after the game. The sab refs have been fantastic

http://www.businessi...referees-2012-9

I think both players and coaches have pretty much had it with the replacement refs.

These games have millions of dollars riding on them, as well as careers and we got guys out there making calls who haven't been any closer to an NFL field then the 200 section prior to this year. And unfortunately it all falls on them. Can't criticize the owners because they're paying the checks, or say anything about it in the media. Everyone saw how angry John Fox was last week and after the game he said the officals did a fine job. You can't tell me he really felt that way.

So things like this are really the only way to voice dissenting opinion against the league not hiring back the full time refs without getting fined or worse. And in many cases guys already have been fined for being too hard on the refs. They have no respect for them. That is very clear by this point and incidents like these aren't going away as long as these replacement refs are there.

As for the Jets and Darrelle Revis that's pretty much it for the Jets this year I'd say. A good argument could be made that no other player means more to his team's defense then what Darrelle Revis means to the Jets. There's no way you can get over a loss like that for 13 games.

I feel my favorite professional sports franchises are better than yours.

Said like a true Ma55hole.

(And you're wrong.)

It was actually a joke response proving that there's no end to this useless debating. We all subconsciously believe it. You really didn't need to look that far into it, Cujo.

Today we are all homers.

Seriously though, did anyone see Calvin Pace's comments on Reggie Bush's injury? What a bone-head statement. Did he not see what happened to the Saints?

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I saw most of the Bills games yesterday and boy was CJ Spiller having a special year. The game was instantly different once he left the field. Luckily the Browns are a JV team, so the Bills held on.

It's weird how many outstanding running backs have been through Buffalo in the past few years: Henry, McGahee, Lynch, Jackson and now Spiller. That's a pretty good record for a team that hasn't won squat in a decade.

I have followed Spiller since HS. Enjoy him. I'm glad he is showing his potential. I'm a fan.

Revis officially confirmed to have a torn ACL. His season is over.

:censored:

Revis Island has finally been sunked!

How? MISSILE TO THE KNEE!!

(I know it was something he did on his own, but come on. Saying 'MISSILE TO THE KNEE!' sounds much cooler then what actually happened to him)

DALTON-PICK-SIX.gif

Why do coaches call screen passes backed up in their own endzone?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived