2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this (and hide). Brutally officiated game all around. We focus on the last play, but who knows what happens with real refs? Don't forget, Green Bay's final scoring drive was kept alive by a terrible pass interference call.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Okay, what's the rule if both the offensive and defensive guy gets the catch?

A3nFl9VCUAAMepl.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Okay, what's the rule if both the offensive and defensive guy gets the catch?

Simultaneous catch goes to the passing team.

However that was not a simultaneous catch. Jennings had primary possession while Tate had one hand on the ball. Jennings brought the ball to his body establishing possession. It didn't appear Tate put his other hand on until after this or even until they were on the ground.

Basically, the Officials f***ed it royally.

On top of Tate's push off.

I'm done. There aren't enough excuses in the entire world, to cover up the travesty we witnessed in the final 2 minutes.

Walden's "Roughing the Passer" cancelling out an Interception by ironically MD Jennings I believe, Sidney Rice's pass interfere.... oh wait that was Sam Shields, and that disgrace of a fourth down, hail mary.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You can't be a fan of any NFL team (SEA/CHI/DET included) and be okay with what just happened.

As a Bears fan the first thing that came to my head was the replacement officials, and really it should take precedence. It's "nice" that the Packers lost, but who wants to see a loss like that? It's bad for the league and the sport.

Hail mary game-ending touchdowns? Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Bungled conclusion due to crap-tastic uncertain fifth-tier officiating? Embarrassing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I had thought that if the winning touchdown came on the last play of the game and the XP wouldn't make a difference (since you can't return them for points), then they didn't bother with the XP. Was that bad officiating, a new rule change I wasn't aware of, or was I imagining that from the beginning?

I had thought that if the winning touchdown came on the last play of the game and the XP wouldn't make a difference (since you can't return them for points), then they didn't bother with the XP. Was that bad officiating, a new rule change I wasn't aware of, or was I imagining that from the beginning?

Yeah my roommate tied his fantasy game because of that since Green Bay's D went from 13 to 14PA.

Also.

A3nIJNNCcAIrpvZ.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I will say this (and hide). Brutally officiated game all around. We focus on the last play, but who knows what happens with real refs? Don't forget, Green Bay's final scoring drive was kept alive by a terrible pass interference call.

Seattle's go-ahead drive was kept alive by a phantom Roughing The Passer call. Honestly, this entire game was so terribly officiated that I was contemplating whether or not I wanted to watch any games for the rest of the year... now I'm definitely not. I just can't take the NFL seriously anymore.

On top of all this Goodell preaches player safety, yet he trots out refs that not just blew tonight, but also missed a flag on a play where a guy sent to the hospital(Heyward-Bey), and a guy who got his earlobe destroyed(Schaub). Geez between Goodell, Stern, and Bettman, why can't we have somewhat competent commissioners? :cursing:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yeah my roommate tied his fantasy game because of that since Green Bay's D went from 13 to 14PA.

Also.

A3nIJNNCcAIrpvZ.jpg

:censored: this.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow. So many arrogant Seattle fans defending the refs as this was a "simultaneous catch." So much blowup on the ESPN I40 boards.

And these people want compassion for losing the Sonics. Ha. At this point, they deserve their NBA team relocating for being such jack@$$es. And they cannot b!txh anymore about SB XL after this screw job.

Wow. So many arrogant Seattle fans defending the refs as this was a "simultaneous catch." So much blowup on the ESPN I40 boards.

And these people want compassion for losing the Sonics. Ha. At this point, they deserve their NBA team relocating for being suck jack@$$es. And they cannot b!txh anymore about SB XL after this screw job.

Can we stop setting the boundaries for when and where people can complain about anything? Using the same stupid logic Seahawks fans could say Packers fans can't complain about this loss since they're still in "Recent Championship Commentary Jail."

twitter

Archived