2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

When are coaches going to learn that 'icing' the kicker is among the dumbest strategy in sports.

You dare question the genius that is an NFL head coach?

So coaches are still geniuses after all? I guess the NFL has just turned on Greg Schiano exclusively. That guy's not gonna last.

Yeah he apparently already came into the league with a rep and he's going to get a rule named after him following the season. Still telling his defenses to blitz the kneel down.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comcast reporting that Donovan McNabb is coming back to the Eagles. :puke:

WTF. Besides being an overgrown baby, who's spot is he going to take? They just signed and extended Trent Edwards, and Nick Foles is probably the starter next season. Unless they dump Edwards right after signing him to an extension, I don't know where he fits in.

Why bring in this distraction, especially when Andy Reid knows that this is his last season barring an extended playoff run (owner has stated this.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Comcast reporting that Donovan McNabb is coming back to the Eagles. :puke:

WTF. Besides being an overgrown baby, who's spot is he going to take? They just signed and extended Trent Edwards, and Nick Foles is probably the starter next season. Unless they dump Edwards right after signing him to an extension, I don't know where he fits in.

Why bring in this distraction, especially when Andy Reid knows that this is his last season barring an extended playoff run (owner has stated this.)

bahahahahahaha now I hope the Eagles inexplicably sign Joe Blanton, too.

Comcast sucks. They totally sold this as if he was coming back to play for the Eagles - totally feigning a major announcement by the team.

He's just coming back to do analysis for CSN. No big deal - except that having both him and the former Governor on the panel will create a very... um, "interesting" dynamic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All I can say about the Cowboys game today is that the game was an ugly win for the Cowboys. If it weren't for our defense, we'd have lost. Tony Romo got hit hard a couple of times, one of them should have been a penalty, the others were clean. Our o-line needs work. I swear Romo literally got knocked out. I don't know how he stayed in the game, let alone get up with his eyes closed and proceed to run another play.

However, our o-line is terrible. Romo has to flee for his life almost every passing play and Murray had NO where to run. At least the Cowboys won but, we lost our starting FS Church, for the season. Tore an ACL. Poor dude. He was playing well this season.

EDIT: I want to add that this year's Buccaneers team is a helluva a lot better than last year's version. Their defense is underrated and their front four is pretty good. Also, I don't have a problem with Schiano trying to force a fumble on a kneel down. It's a smart play call.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

When are coaches going to learn that 'icing' the kicker is among the dumbest strategy in sports.

You dare question the genius that is an NFL head coach?

So coaches are still geniuses after all? I guess the NFL has just turned on Greg Schiano exclusively. That guy's not gonna last.

Yeah he apparently already came into the league with a rep and he's going to get a rule named after him following the season. Still telling his defenses to blitz the kneel down.

You can take the tool out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the tool.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Madness.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

All I can say about the Cowboys game today is that the game was an ugly win for the Cowboys. If it weren't for our defense, we'd have lost. Tony Romo got hit hard a couple of times, one of them should have been a penalty, the others were clean. Our o-line needs work. I swear Romo literally got knocked out. I don't know how he stayed in the game, let alone get up with his eyes closed and proceed to run another play.

However, our o-line is terrible. Romo has to flee for his life almost every passing play and Murray had NO where to run. At least the Cowboys won but, we lost our starting FS Church, for the season. Tore an ACL. Poor dude. He was playing well this season.

EDIT: I want to add that this year's Buccaneers team is a helluva a lot better than last year's version. Their defense is underrated and their front four is pretty good. Also, I don't have a problem with Schiano trying to force a fumble on a kneel down. It's a smart play call.

It's always something with the Bucs. I like the run D I've seen so far this year, but the one week they brought any offense to the table, they were facing a team that is almost-exclusively a passing team, a team that wouldn't be affected by good run D, and this week the Bucs played a very solid game defensively, but Josh Freeman and the WR corps were no-where near being on the same page at any point in this game. Abysmal performance by those guys.

Hopefully these little things start to smooth out as the season progresses. Freeman got his big, explosive WR in the off-season - he has no more excuses for shoddy play.

spacer.png

I think we are headed for a bizzaro NFL season with a Super Bowl match up that will make us all go WTF? I hope so. I'm sick of the same ol same ol.

I remember a couple of yours ago in 2010, the season started out like this with seemingly no dominant team(s). We could be seeing something like that again this year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

These penalties.

God, it's a disgrace to the National Football League.

EDIT: HAHAHAHA! Love the chant in Baltimore.

What were they chanting? Bull :censored: ? I can't really make it out.

Yep. And I loved Al Michaels understated way of pointing it out.

In general, I'm not loving Baltimore right now. But I can fully get on board with Baltimore fans with this.

spacer.png

Archived