2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Yeah, I guess. It just seems like missing the forest for the trees: he caught the ball, was 99.9% in bounds, and without the benefit of HD video, would have been ruled as having caught the ball. This is one of those examples -- to me -- where instant replay takes the fun out of the game.

Except nothing sucks all the fun out of the game more than a game-deciding blown call.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know Norv is one of the worst coaches, but the Chiefs have to give him a run for his money. Can you seriously explain giving Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe a combined 11 touches today? If SD can't beat them Thursday, then that's probably more embarassing then today.

We are still hijacking the NFL thread to ramdomly chat abou tabout Norv Freaking Turner??? Why? Dude is an average coach on an average team. So he's the new Wayne Fontes. Good for San Diego for showing SOME loyalty to a head coach. Something you don't see much of these days. For this, I hope Norv stays forever.

Now that's just silly. Come on Curt.

ol' Cooj has had a long Sunday.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

We all know Norv is one of the worst coaches, but the Chiefs have to give him a run for his money. Can you seriously explain giving Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe a combined 11 touches today? If SD can't beat them Thursday, then that's probably more embarassing then today.

We are still randomly hijacking the NFL thread to chat about about Norv Freaking Turner??? Why? Dude is an average coach on an average team. So he's the new Wayne Fontes. Good for San Diego for showing SOME loyalty to a head coach. Something you don't see much of these days. For this, I hope Norv stays forever.

Okay. So I don't hope Norv stays forever. But I hope his Chargers stop crapping the bed so we can all stop crying about him every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. NORV TURNER IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about. Why not focus on them the next time we want to randomly bitch about Norv? K thanks.

6uXNWAo.png

NORV TURNER IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about.

If 37.5% of the league's head coaches are still dumber than Norv Turner, those 20-hour work days really aren't paying off.

I'm not disputing your point, mind you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We are still randomly hijacking the NFL thread to chat about about Norv Freaking Turner??? Why? Dude is an average coach on an average team. So he's the new Wayne Fontes. Good for San Diego for showing SOME loyalty to a head coach. Something you don't see much of these days. For this, I hope Norv stays forever.

Okay. So I don't hope Norv stays forever. But I hope his Chargers stop crapping the bed so we can all stop crying about him every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. NORV TURNER IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about. Why not focus on them the next time we want to randomly bitch about Norv? K thanks.

There are a bunch of coaches that are worse than Norv, but they all get fired after three years so they don't screw the team over for too long. And just because there are worse coaches doesn't mean that Norv is good. The fact that he's managed to stick around for so long isn't a good thing. It just means that Chargers management doesn't see the problem, is being blindly loyal to the guy, or both.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about.

Romeo Crennell, Chan Gailey, and....?

Pat Shurmur? Though I think the Browns aren't as bad as their record this year indicates.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well I do now... thanks alot!

So do I....now. Thanks, Lt. Colonel.

Same here..shukran, Omega-1.

(At least now I have a way to amuse myself while waiting for this damned hurricane to come blowing through here...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NORV TURNER IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about.

If 37.5% of the league's head coaches are still dumber than Norv Turner, those 20-hour work days really aren't paying off.

Speaking of those much vaunted 20 hour days, doesn't it seem to reason that, due to a lack of sleep, all coaches would grow significantly dumber as the season progresses? If I go two days in a row without my normal amount of sleep, I can't find my car keys, let alone coach a football team. Can one of you football experts please explain to me the upside of working 140 hours a week. Better yet, can someone explain the upside of sleeping only 20-28 hours a week?

BB52Big.jpg

Speaking of those much vaunted 20 hour days, doesn't it seem to reason that, due to a lack of sleep, all coaches would grow significantly dumber as the season progresses? If I go two days in a row without my normal amount of sleep, I can't find my car keys, let alone coach a football team. Can one of you football experts please explain to me the upside of working 140 hours a week. Better yet, can someone explain the upside of sleeping only 20-28 hours a week?

As one whose current occupation by its very nature robs me of sleep on the regular, I am prepared to render my expert opinion on your bolded quandary:

There ain't none.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There are still a dozen coaches who are worse than him that we never hear or talk about.

Romeo Crennell, Chan Gailey, and....?

And Jason Garrett. He's worse than Norv.

I'm not so sure about that. The first thing the Cowboys need to realize is this; Tony Romo is just a better looking version of Vinnie Testaverde. Romo is not as good as his billing. Neither are the Cowboys for that matter. The Cowboys have the talent of a typical 7 to 9 win NFL team. They are stuck in the dreaded middle. They aren't bad enough to get the high draft picks they need to rebuild and they aren't good enough to "get to the next level." Garrett very well may be a bad coach, but the Cowboys problems go well beyond bad coaching. The reality is that the Cowboys just aren't as good as people think they are. They are not a team that's a new coach away from a Super Bowl. They're a team that, with a few breaks, can maybe go 10-6 and make the playoffs. They could just as easily go 6-10 or 7-9.

BB52Big.jpg

I've heard your functioning IQ drops by about ten points if you don't get enough sleep the night before. This probably explains why so many NFL coaches have such terrible clock management and are so bad in situations that require quick decision making.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've heard your functioning IQ drops by about ten points if you don't get enough sleep the night before. This probably explains why so many NFL coaches have such terrible clock management and are so bad in situations that require quick decision making.

Good point. It also might help explain why the sidelines always look like barely controlled chaos. Seems like coaches are always running around screaming and pointing at each other.

EDIT: Folks, now this is a football coach. Look at that intensity. Look at that teaching moment. That's what it's all about. Football!

musraaage.0_standard_400.0.gif

I love this part of the caption "Take a nap, stupid. It’s just a game."

BB52Big.jpg

Archived