2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Okay, I'm a Cowboys fan tonight only, but my God it must be maddening for their real fans. They shoot themselves in the foot over and over and over. :cursing:

But if the Saints can be the ones to hand Atlanta their first loss next week, that will be very, very sweet.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romney 2012? Panthers up 21-6 in the 4th in Washington.

Yeah. Romeny's not winning. Thank goodness this goofy "Redskins predict the Prez" stat will soon be dead.

Didn't it already end in 2004?

Did it? So then why are we still hearing about it?

The media outlets need a narrative to push and corporate synergy with their political arms.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Same reason we keep hearing that the race is tied...

The election is probably not even going to make much of a difference anyway, because to get anything significant passed one of the two parties needs to talk both houses in addition to the Presidency, and probably the Supreme Court. And that's not going to happen.

As far as the election itself goes, Romney is only leading in two of the eleven tossup states, which puts him 35 votes short and the states where he is the closest to Obama in are all small states, so it would be an upset if he wins it Tuesday.

As far as the Redskins predicting the Presidency, I don't have a problem with it being made a big deal over. I just look at it as a tongue and cheek type of thing. There's nothing offensive about it which is more then I can say the same for alot of the political ads I've seen. And its a little interesting to me a from a statistical point of view. Can something which we know has zero causation to the question at hand actually be useful in determining the answer? The answer should be no, but given what the Redskins have done it could be argued that's not the case if your basing your argument purely on the results and not putting any weight into the method. Its something to think about, but not something I would take the least bit seriously.

First of all, :censored: Jerry Jones, :censored: Jason Garrett and :censored: the Cowboys. Dallas keeps shooting itself in the foot, over and over and over... I could go on. We've lost the last three games because we couldn't get out of our own f :censored: ing way.

Thankfully, the season isn't over, but we have to go at least 6-2 to finish the season in order to have the slightest of chances at making the playoffs. 7-1 to have a good shot, and 8-0 to actually make it. And, good no-call on the Falcons' Roddy White when he stopped Claibourne from making an interception by hugging his arm... :rolleyes:

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Normally, I'd say 3-5 after eight games isn't the end of the world -- but the NFC is freaking stacked this year!

R.I.P. 2012 Dallas Cowboys.

-----

And as for the Falcons, they are winning, but they are not doing in impressively. Squeaking by Carolina and Dallas is less than convincing. I look forward to seeing them get bounced by the NFC North runner-up in the Divisional Round.

6uXNWAo.png

Pretty much. While I won't deny (on an objective basis) that Atlanta has the physical talent to win the NFC this season, I'm not going to buy any stock in them at all until they prove they can win games in the playoffs.

Matty Ice and the Falcons are 0-3 in playoff games, and, in all three cases, they had a better regular season record than their opponent. I'd easily rank the Giants, Packers, Bears, and 49ers above the Falcons in terms of most likely to win the NFC at this point. If the Falcons are as legit as they want us to believe, I'll be wishing to have not made this comment by the end of January.

spacer.png

The election is probably not even going to make much of a difference anyway, because to get anything significant passed one of the two parties needs to talk both houses in addition to the Presidency, and probably the Supreme Court. And that's not going to happen.

As far as the election itself goes, Romney is only leading in two of the eleven tossup states, which puts him 35 votes short and the states where he is the closest to Obama in are all small states, so it would be an upset if he wins it Tuesday.

As far as the Redskins predicting the Presidency, I don't have a problem with it being made a big deal over. I just look at it as a tongue and cheek type of thing. There's nothing offensive about it which is more then I can say the same for alot of the political ads I've seen. And its a little interesting to me a from a statistical point of view. Can something which we know has zero causation to the question at hand actually be useful in determining the answer? The answer should be no, but given what the Redskins have done it could be argued that's not the case if your basing your argument purely on the results and not putting any weight into the method. Its something to think about, but not something I would take the least bit seriously.

You talk like polls really predict what's going to happen. As often than not, they don't, so putting that much stock in them is naive.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think the problem with the Cowboys is they just aren't a very good football team. To me they're just your average NFL team. At their best they can play with anybody, but they need to be on their A game to win games. If they aren't a team like Jacksonville could trip them up if they show up to play.

Normally there's nothing wrong with that, but these are the Dallas Cowboys were talking about and for them if your not first your last.

I don't see any quick fixes that are going to solve what's wrong with the Cowboys. I look at them as a team needs to go through some type of transitional period that should start this offseason and they probably need to start making some tough calls. They should look into getting rid of guys like Jason Witten, Miles Austin and DeMarcus Ware who are still very effective players, but you might be able to get back alot more then what they can do for you going forward. I'm not saying they all need to go and I think it would be pretty dumb to do so, but they do need to figure out what this team is going to be like in three to four years and I'm not sure they know that right now. I think they're just doing a very good job of convincing themselves they are much closer to winning a Super Bowl then they really are. They don't have a Super Bowl team right now, or the pieces in place to develop into a Super Bowl team. One of those two things needs to change, or they are just going to get worse.

As far as Atlanta, I haven't seen them play that much, but they look beatable. I don't think its coincidence they've only played one team in the top ten in passing defense (Dallas) to this point and are undefeated. Its very possible they could wind up playing zero playoffs teams on the road this year. The only two teams on their schedule I see even making the playoffs are the Giants and Broncos both of whom they play(ed) at home. So yeah they are undefeated, but this is also kind of an untested team. If they had beaten San Francisco, or Houston, or Chicago, then yeah I think you could say the Falcons are for real. But given their recent history and how they've looked against teams like Carolina and Oakland, I don't see how you can have much faith in them. We don't know what they are going to do against an elite team and probably won't find out until the playoffs.

Looking over the Falcons 2012 schedule, and it is an absolute is a joke. Turns out they only play two teams with current winning records (Broncos & Giants). And aside from that being soft, narrow wins against Dallas, Oakland and Carolina (all played at the Georgia Dome) leads me to believe that the Falcons will get blown out of the water when forced to face serious NFC competition. I'll give the Falcons credit for going undefeated up to this point. That being said. they could go 16-0 and would still be an underdog going into the postseason, in my opinion.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm pretty sure the Bears aren't going to get any validation until they win a title. Nothing's good enough for anyone, from what I'm reading around the web.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That Bengals loss yesterday was about as sure a thing as I've ever seen. A terrible secondary with an underachieving defense against Peyton Manning. I should've put money on the game. Even when they took the lead in the 4th quarter I never felt like they were going to win.

At least it wasn't the blowout I thought I was going to see.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm pretty sure the Bears aren't going to get any validation until they win a title. Nothing's good enough for anyone, from what I'm reading around the web.

I can't remember any team having more forgettable deep playoff runs than the Bears in recent memory. When anyone says "Bears Super Bowl Team," the 1985 team immediately comes to mind rather than the team that actually played in the Super Bowl within the past decade. Even the Packers win over the Bears in the NFC Championship Game a couple years ago doesn't even feel all that memorable aside from Raji's pick six & endzone dance, and that's literally the highest-stakes game the Packers and Bears will ever play.

You talk like polls really predict what's going to happen. As often than not, they don't, so putting that much stock in them is naive.

They did a pretty damn good job in 2008.

Was there really all that much doubt who was gonna win in '08, though? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

First of all, :censored: Jerry Jones, :censored: Jason Garrett and :censored: the Cowboys. Dallas keeps shooting itself in the foot, over and over and over... I could go on. We've lost the last three games because we couldn't get out of our own f :censored: ing way.

Thankfully, the season isn't over, but we have to go at least 6-2 to finish the season in order to have the slightest of chances at making the playoffs. 7-1 to have a good shot, and 8-0 to actually make it. And, good no-call on the Falcons' Roddy White when he stopped Claibourne from making an interception by hugging his arm... :rolleyes:

No, technically it's not, I guess. "You" still have 8 games to play. After those 8 games, "your" season will be over. "You" aren't finishing 6-2, let alone 7-1 or 8-0. Good teams don't continually "shoot themselves in the foot." It's time to face the reality, the Cowboys are an average football team. If they finish 8-8, consider it a good season.

BB52Big.jpg

They did a pretty damn good job in 2008.

First off, I admit that I'm pretty *high on painkillers right now, but I could have sworn I clicked on the NFL thread. Anyway, just for fun (I'm not looking to debate the legitimacy of these polls; or any polls for that matter) this is just how Nate Silver of 538.com has the election:

Obama 314.4

Romney 223.6

The only reason I cited Silver is because he's the guy who correctly predicted every Senate race and hit 49 out of 50 states in the Presidential election in 2010.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

*I'm kidding.

BB52Big.jpg

Damn that wouldve been a sick play by the Eagles, but that obviously went forward.

Also very sad about Gleason being back in the hospital again.

I'd be depressed if I were an Eagle fan. 13 points scored, 7 sacks surrendered to the Saints? They get to play the Cowboys next in the underachieving bowl.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived