2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Yes, really. Even the worst NFL team of all time is better than the best NCAAF team of all time.

Quoted for emphasis.

Virtually every player in the NFL was a star-calibre player in the NCAAs. NFL players are more physically mature. And NFL players have access to world class facilities that many college players do not.

The 2008 Detroit Lions would beat the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, and quite easily too, I might add.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that's it's only during "preseason", but don't college teams play and beat Major League Baseball squads during spring training?

Regardless, I'd still like to see a game like this get played, just to see what happens.

6uXNWAo.png

I get that's it's only during "preseason", but don't college teams play and beat Major League Baseball squads during spring training?

Regardless, I'd still like to see a game like this get played, just to see what happens.

Baseball isn't as physical as football. Can you imagine a freshman linemen vs any starting NFL Linebacker?

Baseball is also hands down the game most subject to random chance.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To put it another way, a top notch FBS program can expect to have 15 or so players on its roster eventually make it to the NFL, but even the worst NFL teams still have 53 guys who made it to the NFL.

Chiefs lulz: Crennel said that when the Chiefs face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football, he's pulling anyone who fumbles or throws a pick.

"I have to impart on them the importance of protecting the ball for this team," the coach said, "and sometimes to get that done, you basically have to threaten them. If you fumble it, I'm going to take you out of the game. And they will get the message."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chiefs lulz: Crennel said that when the Chiefs face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football, he's pulling anyone who fumbles or throws a pick.

"I have to impart on them the importance of protecting the ball for this team," the coach said, "and sometimes to get that done, you basically have to threaten them. If you fumble it, I'm going to take you out of the game. And they will get the message."

Turns out, Monday night's game might be watchable afterall! Can't wait to see what type of comedy ensues if all three of Crennel's quarterbacks get intercepted. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Baseball isn't as physical as football. Can you imagine a freshman linemen vs any starting NFL Linebacker?

How much action do the MLB-caliber players really see when the pro teams play a college team, anyway? Maybe two innings, at the most?

They're essentially college vs. minor league (mostly AA and some AAA players) games.

Excuse me while I rage...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angered::censored::angered::censored::angered::censored::cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Archived