2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

It's interesting that the Rams missed out on that win with two penalties, that on the surface at least, didn't really affect the gameplay beyond negating a play: the delay of game before the made field goal and the illegal formation or whatever penalty that took away that huge Amendola catch to start OT. And what I mean by "not affecting the gameplay" is that unlike a holding call or a pass interference penalty or an illegal block downfield, I think the plays unfolded exactly as they would've without the infraction occuring.

Is there a name for those kinds of penalties? The ones that negate a play but don't really change the way the play unfolded. There oughta be.

A team must have seven on the line of scrimmage. The LT was uncovered, therefore by rule he was eligible unless he reports.

Again, the timeout before the TD to take the lead was the more mind-boggling thing as he left far more time on the clock which he needed to.

No, I get the penalty. I understand the rule and why it was a penalty, and don't think it was a bogus call or anything. I was just remarking that it's interesting that the two pivotal calls were those kinds of penalties. Like on the ineligible receiver call, I don't think it changed the way the defense played the play. If you're a Rams fan (or coach) and Amendola pushes off, or some OT holds Aldon Smith giving Bradford some extra time, well that's a penalty that might directly, illegally lead to that big catch. But for it to be called back on a (totally legitimate) penatly that's kind of a procedural thing, that seems somehow more disheartening.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, Philadelphia sure seems to be cataclysmically collapsing here.....

I wonder where/when Reid will coach next.

Not sure about Reid, but you can bet Philly fans are going to hate whoever they hire to replace him. Not sure who's even a candidate, at this point...

We already discussed this a few pages ago. Assuming he doesn't take a year off, he'll be in San Diego after Norv is fired. The Philly job could be any number of people (Gruden, Moss, some retread), but I'd like to see Chip Kelly

Bears better hope Cutler's concussion isn't overly bad.

Jason Campbell isn't qualified to work in a Walmart, let alone the NFL as a quarterback. Judging by his pass selection late in that game, the guy's a complete idiot.

He is still better then Hanie and McCown, right?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'd like to thank the Bears for making me sit through 4 quarters of that crap. If Cutler misses time, this may as well be a repeat of last year where we got the Caleb Hanie show spraying football diarrhea across Bear fans' televisions for the latter half of the season.

As Bart Scott once said, "CAN'T WAIT."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

While in all seriousness I hope Cutler will be okay, I was a little disappointed that I was deprived of a vintage-Jay-Cutler-incredulous/indifferent-national-TV-loss face.

Also, if you're not happy with Kellen Davis, can I interest you in a slightly used-up Jermichael Finley? I'm sure he'll have better chemistry with Jay Cutler than Aaron Rodgers, and I'm sure Finley'd love the chance to work with a QB he'd surely deem a "leader."

I'll take anyone but Kellen Davis. footballs just bounce off this chest and he definitely can't block. i like how great the Bears O Line played AFTER cutler came out. They protected Campbell pretty well. I rather have McCown than Campbell actually.

I'll take anyone but Kellen Davis. footballs just bounce off this chest and he definitely can't block. i like how great the Bears O Line played AFTER cutler came out. They protected Campbell pretty well. I rather have McCown than Campbell actually.

I thought the line played fine with Cutler in as well.

ย 

ย 

I'll go ahead and biased and say it was. If the rule is indeed a quarterback has to be completely over the line then I think it's a no call, his foot wasn't behind the line. I thought there were a few questionable calls (or no-calls) but then again, what do I know.

ย 

ย 

Proud of my Cowboys today. Got the win they so desperately needed. Couple that with the demolishing the Bengals gave the Giants, the 'Boys sit just one and a half games from first place.

Since the Giants are on a bye, if the Cowboys win against the Browns, they'll be one game with six left to play. G-men still gotta play Atlanta, Baltimore, Philly, the Saints.

Dallas just has one game left where they're facing a team with a winning record.

It's just one win, I know, but if the Cowboys start stringing together wins, they have a chance. That's all you can ask for as a fan.

Cowboysย -ย Lakersย -ย LAFC - USMNTย -ย LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCย 

If Tony Romo protects the football, and they ever get a healthy Demarco Murray. They could contend for the division title this year, i'll come out say that. Plus their defense is really solid.

ย 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ย 

I'm sick of Kellen Davis dropping every past near him for the bears. cut him please

Kellen Davis can't block either...

Let's stop naming people "Kellen."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Proud of my Cowboys today. Got the win they so desperately needed. Couple that with the demolishing the Bengals gave the Giants, the 'Boys sit just one and a half games from first place.

Since the Giants are on a bye, if the Cowboys win against the Browns, they'll be one game with six left to play. G-men still gotta play Atlanta, Baltimore, Philly, the Saints.

Dallas just has one game left where they're facing a team with a winning record.

It's just one win, I know, but if the Cowboys start stringing together wins, they have a chance. That's all you can ask for as a fan.

Remember that Jason Garrett's career HC record is now at 17-16. Plus today PHL earned six first downs via DAL penalties.

Today, Rob Ryan's defense caused two turnovers, both which were TDs, both on Nick Folk. Prior to today, they only caused eight turnovers through eight games. Typical Rob Ryan (check OAK and CLE)... yards are down, points are down, but the team still loses.

Ogletree went from a #3 WR who looked great covered by a #5DB in week 1 to the reason why he has not been able to crack the first team. In four years, he has not made the switch.

That said, Bruce Carter was a value pick last year in the 2nd round even with him sitting out last year with the ACL injury.

So lemme get this straight... Nearly all of today's starting quarterbacks were taken out of their respective games with a concussion. All EXCEPT for Mark Sanchez. As a Jets fan, I should feel so lucky.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived