2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

the FOX announcers absolutely suck. Where's the excitement, the enthusiasm from these guys?

You answered your own question right there. It's FOX. Their entire NFL announce team is a play-by-play morgue.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the exact same thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If you're a player/coach on either team are you happy not to take a loss, or upset you didn't get the win? The whole thing just seems stupid to still have ties in the nations most-watched sport.

I understand that it really doesn't matter because it rarely ever happens, but why not just do a college style overtime if they play a scoreless regular OT? It's just weird and inconvenient to have a tie this day and age.

It's interesting that the Rams missed out on that win with two penalties, that on the surface at least, didn't really affect the gameplay beyond negating a play: the delay of game before the made field goal and the illegal formation or whatever penalty that took away that huge Amendola catch to start OT. And what I mean by "not affecting the gameplay" is that unlike a holding call or a pass interference penalty or an illegal block downfield, I think the plays unfolded exactly as they would've without the infraction occuring.

Is there a name for those kinds of penalties? The ones that negate a play but don't really change the way the play unfolded. There oughta be.

FYP.

Ok, full disclosure...I'm as shocked as anyone that the dreadful Saints D came up big when they had to. And the Saints were more than lucky at the end when Ryan overthrew Roddy. And I sure never thought the Falcons' effort would end with a drop by Tony Gonzalez on a pass that hit right between the 8s.

But I'll take it. :D

Should be a fantastic rematch on TNF 11/29.

Care to comment on today's game, Hedley?

It's a little disheartening that the Falcons had numerous goal-to-go plays inside the 2-yard line and couldn't push it into the end zone, especially against the worst defense in the league. The game was right there for the taking. The Saints made the plays when it mattered most.

I wonder what sheep is going to be posted by Rams80. :P Its hard to believe that the NFL is the only major sport to end in the tie.

Well, gee I didn't realize this was going to be such an anticipated event...Here we go folks.

TieRamsGame.jpg

P.S. GIS allows you to realize just how terrible people on the internet are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still not quite sure who I want to throw out of the team charter without a parachute, on the way back. Isaiah Pead for demonstrating why the Rams should never again draft a Cincinnati Bearcat, Williams the Nepotiste for somehow not being able to adjust to a running QB (who would have thought injuring Alex Smith would turn out poorly for the Rams), the Special teams coach for that stupid delay of game, Brian Schottenheimer for those incredibly stupid late game penalties, or yeah, Fisher for those same penalties and late game strategy. Cripes, they had 2, possibly 3 weeks to prepare for this game (judging from the Lon-*ERROR*-CUE "NICE BOAT TAPE" errr Vacation) and still you commit some of the most mind-flayingly stupid penalties imaginable. Urgh. <_<

It's interesting that the Rams missed out on that win with two penalties, that on the surface at least, didn't really affect the gameplay beyond negating a play: the delay of game before the made field goal and the illegal formation or whatever penalty that took away that huge Amendola catch to start OT. And what I mean by "not affecting the gameplay" is that unlike a holding call or a pass interference penalty or an illegal block downfield, I think the plays unfolded exactly as they would've without the infraction occuring.

Is there a name for those kinds of penalties? The ones that negate a play but don't really change the way the play unfolded. There oughta be.

Mind-flayingly stupid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A team must have seven on the line of scrimmage. The LT was uncovered, therefore by rule he was eligible unless he reports.

Again, the timeout before the TD to take the lead was the more mind-boggling thing as he left far more time on the clock which he needed to.

Archived