2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

That Riley Cooper play was awesome as hell, such a shame it was a failure. Gotta love him camouflaging into the grass like a sniper.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, technically it's not, I guess. "You" still have 8 games to play. After those 8 games, "your" season will be over. "You" aren't finishing 6-2, let alone 7-1 or 8-0. Good teams don't continually "shoot themselves in the foot." It's time to face the reality, the Cowboys are an average football team. If they finish 8-8, consider it a good season.

We are not a good team. Simple as that. We have the talent at the skill positions to be one of the best, but we're completly average where it matters the most. O-line, Head Coach and GM. This team won't win more than six games with the current o-line and head coach.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Man......no "How the Saints got screwed by the refs this week!" .gif this week?

Good God, you're impatient. But I don't have time to mess with it this week. That "catch" early on that was clearly on the turf would be a good candidate though since lately, if one molecule of the ball contacts the ground five minutes before or after a catch they usually call it incomplete.*

* This is a tongue-in-cheek response to address Hedley's baiting. As anyone could see (Roethlisberger "fumble" for example) the refs are screwing up in many games.

@ Infrared, I don't recall a Presidential election in 2010. Sure you were only kidding about the meds?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't know if the Browns would get rid of Pat Shurmur though nor should they. Right now the Browns have the look of a young team that's learning how to win. I think alot of people look at that team see a 2-7 record and say well same old sorry Browns. But they've been in every single game they've played this year. That could change as the year goes on, but I look at them right now as a team that's played alot of tough games is alot to being a playoff team then most people think and by closer I mean next year potentially. Now if next year they are still in the same spot then I would say a change probably needs to be made, but I think Pat Shurmur should be given more of a chance there.

As for Andy Reid I would have to say wait and see where he ends up if he in fact he does get fired from Philadelphia which is looking more and more likely by the day that he will. I could Kansas City having a coach opening, San Diego as has been mentioned before Buffalo wouldn't surprise me, Oakland would never surprise me even though I know its only Dennis Allen's first year, Washington I would look at as a possibility, New Orleans if Sean Payton leaves which I think he will if the Cowboys want him bad enough, Carolina would be another possibility, and at least one team I'm not mentioning, so I think he's going to have plenty of options and could wind up getting alot of money considering his track record. I don't think you can really consider someone a favorite with somebody like that. You can always speculate as to where he may end up, but Andy Reid is going to go to whatever team wants him the most and I think we have to see how the second half of the season plays out before we can have any kind of realistic idea of where he may go.

I don't know if the Browns would get rid of Pat Shurmur though nor should they. Right now the Browns have the look of a young team that's learning how to win. I think alot of people look at that team see a 2-7 record and say well same old sorry Browns. But they've been in every single game they've played this year. That could change as the year goes on, but I look at them right now as a team that's played alot of tough games is alot to being a playoff team then most people think and by closer I mean next year potentially. Now if next year they are still in the same spot then I would say a change probably needs to be made, but I think Pat Shurmur should be given more of a chance there.

Shurmur's an idiot and a charlatan and anyone who thinks he should be retained is either a fan of one of the other AFC North teams or has no frickin' clue about what actually constitutes quality football coaching.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Reid wins games, or did. I get that the Eagles had some very talented teams in the early 2000s, but not once did I really feel like they had enough to get over the top. They always got beat by someone with just a little more than them, and that's not Reid's fault, that's management not finding the right pieces. Or in last years case, totally overlooking the fact you still had Mike Vick at QB, when you brought in all those players.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Reid's early-2000s success was mostly thanks to Jim Johnson and a defense containing guys that were drafted and signed during the Rhodes era (Douglas, Dawkins, Trotter, Taylor, Vincent), plus Staley (1997) and Tra Thomas (1998) were drafted before Reid arrived. Reid's major additions were McNabb, Akers and Runyan, and eventually Sheldon Brown, Trent Cole and that 1.5 years of TO. His drafts have been brutal, and 3/4 of his FA signings and trades have been busts. 2002 was their best chance at a Lombardi and they choked against Tampa Bay. <_<

Archived