2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romney 2012? Panthers up 21-6 in the 4th in Washington.

Yeah. Romeny's not winning. Thank goodness this goofy "Redskins predict the Prez" stat will soon be dead.

Didn't it already end in 2004?

Did it? So then why are we still hearing about it?

6uXNWAo.png

Jesue, I know the New York area was devestated by a massive hurricane, but that doesn't mean the officials need to throw the game. I don't like the Steelers at all, but the refs are giving the Giants TD's.

CowboysΒ -Β LakersΒ -Β LAFC - USMNTΒ -Β LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCΒ 

Romney 2012? Panthers up 21-6 in the 4th in Washington.

Yeah. Romeny's not winning. Thank goodness this goofy "Redskins predict the Prez" stat will soon be dead.

Didn't it already end in 2004?

It's a perfect 18-18 if you go by the popular vote.

CowboysΒ -Β LakersΒ -Β LAFC - USMNTΒ -Β LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCΒ 

This NFL season is kind of lost for me. The Chargers are the Chargers, and the Cardinals are the Cardinals. Not much change for either of those teams this year... both are dysfunctional as hell.

Well, Go Texans and Bears! One of you please win the Super Bowl!

Is Doug Martin really this good -- or are the Raiders just pathetic?

More of the latter. Oakland just freaking reeks. Hard enough to be anywhere near the asylum rejects they call fans, but to even be a Raider fan this season... Well, I assume Al Davis is spinning in his grave while cursing up a storm as well.

Β 

Sometimes the best thing you can say about somebody is they have no weakness, and that could very well be the case with Doug Martin.

Has average build for a running back, decent speed, average catching ability. Not saying he's not at an NFL level in any of these, but certainly doesn't have the speed of a Chris Johnson, the power of an Arian Foster, or the catching ability of a Reggie Bush. But he does seem to know the limits of his ability and what he can and can't do and if you want to know how good somebody with that mentality can be even with average physical tools I would look no further then Emmitt Smith. Being a smart and consistent player can get you a very long way.

I would wait a little longer before declaring Doug Martin to be the next great NFL back because this is only the second time he's ever rushed for more then 100 yards is his short NFL career. But its definitely a great sign for Bucs fans and if he can be half as good as he was today for every game he plays in, he's going to have a very nice career before he retires.

Archived