2013 MLB All-Star Game logo

cmm

Just okay. Not crazy about the sorta-Tuscan lettering mixed once more with goddamn Agency. I was hoping for something crossing the skyline with an apple.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Another look at it from a t-shirt at the NY Mets team store today over on the main site:

2013mlbasglogo.gif

Pic of the original t-shirt shot over in the article: http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/08/03/first-look-at-2013-mlb-all-star-game-logo/

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That low G is annoying, and yeah they picked the wrong font, should have based it on home jersey font not road.

the 'G' is annoyingly low because it's a picture cleaned up from a t-shirt, which was being worn at the time. it won't be that low on the actual logo.

i think they did a nice job with this. it certainly doesn't reinvent the wheel, but sometimes not completely messing it up is more of a virtue than anything else.

sig2024.png

Who actually produces an All-Star logo? Is it a collaboration of MLB and the host organization? Or does one or the other produce it and then just get it approved by the other?

Its not a bad looking logo at all and certainly avoids my fears of how badly they might screw this up. I've had the dominoes inaugural season logo in the back of my mind everytime I've thought about what this logo might look like

1h0ehpf44hh7w0df1qbz7rbq8.gif

Now give me a blue bp jersey with 'National' arched across the chest in Mets tuscan font, this on the sleeve and no crazy trim and I'll be a happy camper.

mets.png

I don't think this is the primary logo though, usually the secondary logo feature the team more like this appears to do.

The only difference from this and what will be the actual primary, is that it will say "MLB" in place of "Mets". Every year, they have two, one with MLB and one with the team name. Kind of a "host" primary, I guess you could say.

And to Mindless, the bridge looks wavy because the picture was taken off of a t-shirt on a mannequin in a window.

That low G is annoying, and yeah they picked the wrong font, should have based it on home jersey font not road.

the 'G' is annoyingly low because it's a picture cleaned up from a t-shirt, which was being worn at the time. it won't be that low on the actual logo.

i think they did a nice job with this. it certainly doesn't reinvent the wheel, but sometimes not completely messing it up is more of a virtue than anything else.

I don't think so... Look at the image of the sign going up at the stadium.. The G goes much lower than the rest of GAME.

I don't think this is the primary logo though, usually the secondary logo feature the team more like this appears to do.

The only difference from this and what will be the actual primary, is that it will say "MLB" in place of "Mets". Every year, they have two, one with MLB and one with the team name. Kind of a "host" primary, I guess you could say.

And to Mindless, the bridge looks wavy because the picture was taken off of a t-shirt on a mannequin in a window.

This one has Mets and MLB.. If they move MLB to the top what goes at the bottom?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This one has Mets and MLB.. If they move MLB to the top what goes at the bottom?

"MLB" on top with the batterman logo at the bottom. Go look at the ASG Primary logos on the mothership and you'll that trend. The batterman is not the same as the letters "MLB".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is the bridge (I assume it's the Throgs Neck Bridge - someone please correct me) supposed to be "wavy" like that? Or is it just the quality of the images?

From a t-shirt.

Could definitely be better, but I like it. The novelty of no-black still hasn't worn off, PLUS it looks nothing like a pizza logo. I give it a B.

Archived