Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

2776820424_017ef58131_o.jpg

If Haslam were to change the uniform something to this, I would not mind. It keeps the classic stripes, but adds a modern touch with the piping on the side and also the pants stripes.

And most of all, the orange helmet stands the same.

Please Lord let this be sarcasm...

I agree, that look dreadfully awful. vmd9's concept adds what it needs, that orange uniform with the brown numerals. Keep the helmet, make a modern Brownie the Elf logo for the primary and face of the franchise, and keep the rest of the uniform basically untouched, consistent striping is fine for an update.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one of the earlier posts on this thread mentioned, I think the set they had when they came back in 1999 was perfect.

The switch to the faux black, dull orange, and gray facemasks in 2006 was a huge mistake. (Typical Randy Learner error). Add in the switch to the boring and ugly block wordmark was another.

I would love to see the ditching of the faux black, and a return to the seal brown color along with a brighter orange, and of course white facemasks (the Browns, if you remember were one of the earlier adapters of the white fasemasks (1975)). I think that would be a HUGE upgrade. Along with an updated wordmark.

Oh, and using some of that stadium naming rights money to put in some video boards that remotely represent current technology versus what we currently have (way outdated 1999 SD video boards which should have been replaced years ago). That would also be a good move.

2776820424_017ef58131_o.jpg

If Haslam were to change the uniform something to this, I would not mind. It keeps the classic stripes, but adds a modern touch with the piping on the side and also the pants stripes.

And most of all, the orange helmet stands the same.

That might be the worst concept I've ever seen. Block drop shadow with Broncos side stripes, and then sleeve stripes too? Hahaha awful. Just awful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As one of the earlier posts on this thread mentioned, I think the set they had when they came back in 1999 was perfect.

The switch to the faux black, dull orange, and gray facemasks in 2006 was a huge mistake. (Typical Randy Learner error). Add in the switch to the boring and ugly block wordmark was another.

I would love to see the ditching of the faux black, and a return to the seal brown color along with a brighter orange, and of course white facemasks (the Browns, if you remember were one of the earlier adapters of the white fasemasks (1975)). I think that would be a HUGE upgrade. Along with an updated wordmark.

Oh, and using some of that stadium naming rights money to put in some video boards that remotely represent current technology versus what we currently have (way outdated 1999 SD video boards which should have been replaced years ago). That would also be a good move.

1517244_display_image.jpg?1314207031

1999 Cleveland Browns

I can tell you that, as major donors, the Haslams have been part of keeping Tennessee's uniforms traditional. I wouldn't expect them to change a whole lot, they'll respect the team's traditions.

Well, apparently the consensus around here is that since the Browns have been terrible for a few decades their traditions don't count.

1517244_display_image.jpg?1314207031

1999 Cleveland Browns

Haha. Not to be too picky, but that is not 1999. (No 1999 Browns return patch)... :)

9157018-large.jpg

Here is actually the 1999 Cleveland Browns! :P

Why Chris Palmer didn't call a timeout there before they bearly got that field goal off, I will never figure that out. But Dawson made it. And the Browns revenged the opening night drudging by beating the Steelers at Three Rivers. What a wacky victory. But I will still take those 1999 unis over the current drab Browns garb.

I definetly thought the team had it right in 2002 with these bad boys...

Cleveland02.gif

Mostly, it's just the orange jersey.

Super sexy IMO.

I would love to see maybe the same traditional set used while they add a super-sleak and modern orange alternate to satisfy those people who can't stand the tradition all day long.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Cleveland02.gif

Super sexy IMO.

I would love to see maybe the same traditional set used while they add a super-sleak and modern orange alternate to satisfy those people who can't stand the tradition all day long.

One thing I've never understood is why the striping pattern is different on the Home and Alt, as compared to the Away. Those and the white facemask are the reasons I've never been a fan of that look. A part of me liked the simplicity of the 80s jerseys, but with the new jerseys sleeve stripes just don't right. Which is probably why Nike moved them all to the shoulders. I think Nike can come up with something traditional and look cool at the same time. Just think of this way Nike haters, if Adidas had the NFL contract there would be vertical stripes on the sleeves tomorrow.

Cleveland02.gif

Super sexy IMO.

One thing I've never understood is why the striping pattern is different on the Home and Alt, as compared to the Away.

you mean there should be 2 brown stripes instead of the 3 on the orange? they're using the same stripe and technique on all 3; theres 3 colors and whatever the jersey color is gets left out of the stripes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Cleveland02.gif

Super sexy IMO.

One thing I've never understood is why the striping pattern is different on the Home and Alt, as compared to the Away.

you mean there should be 2 brown stripes instead of the 3 on the orange? they're using the same stripe and technique on all 3; theres 3 colors and whatever the jersey color is gets left out of the stripes

They fixed the brown and white striping to be consistent and I like the current uniforms minus the facemask. To me a grey mask is a lazy attempt to be traditional. I'm gonna ZonaJack and put hte Cardinals on watch with thier lazy gray mask that honestly should be black (ugh) but I think should be red.

The only possible logo Browns fans will remotely accept on the helmet is the "CB" and only on one side.

>

Everyone, including the players, want Brownie the elf to return in some capacity; field, pants, sleeve, whatever. Trent Richardson started to pump-up the logo ever since he got here.

Cleveland02.gif

Super sexy IMO.

I was referencing the difference is the spacing in between the stripes. The white jersey has 5 stripes on the sleeve with no spacing in between, while the orange and brown have 5 stripes but in between the color of the jersey shows through. Also they had two sets of white pants. Pants worn with the home jersey had spacing in between the stripes, while the away pants had the stripes touching.

2826314.jpg.20718_crop_650x440.jpg

No they don't. The Browns are an old team in an old city and have to look the part.

You mean a dying city, with 3 horrible professional franchises that haven't won anything in 100 years?

The Browns uniforms are terrible. Completely out-of-date and antiquated. Synonomous with losing and drab football.

There are some teams that can pull of a "older" look. The Packers. The Bears. The Raiders. The Giants. Those are legendary, winning franchises and their uniforms still "work" today. The Browns? Nope.

S-can those sorry-ass striped socks and those goofy looking sleeve stripes. Both look like they belong with leisure suits and bell-bottoms.

Keep the helmet the way it is. The Browns have a unique identity. They are known for not having a logo on their helmet. Nobody in the NFL does that. Keep the grey facemask, even. Or go with a brown one. Doesn't really matter. Both look better then the white one they used to wear.

Modernize the rest of the uniforms. Keep the brown jersey's. Another unique feature of this team to any in the NFL. Bring back orange pants. With the exact same striping on the helmet. White pants also will have the exact same striping. Modernize the number font. White number trimmed in orange would look good on the brown jersey. Brown number trimmed in orange on the white jersey.

Go with solid brown socks with both pairs of britches. Just looks modern and clean. Black shoes.

And don't be afraid to wear a orange alternate either. Not with the drop-shadowing of the old orange alts. Same look as the brown and white jersey's.

Brown and orange can work, if you do it right. The Browns right now are a mess. Clean them up and they can look "cool" again.

Once again, you have somehow managed to be demonstrably wrong on a matter of opinion. Also, you are wrong in terms of grammar. Once again, using apostrophes to make words plural is incorrect and makes you look like a buffoon.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The only possible logo Browns fans will remotely accept on the helmet is the "CB" and only on one side.

>

Everyone, including the players, want Brownie the elf to return in some capacity; field, pants, sleeve, whatever. Trent Richardson started to pump-up the logo ever since he got here.

That logo was Art Modell's idea, so no!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived