Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

There are actually people here who think its a good idea to change the Indians to brown and red too. It's not their team so why would they care about traditions? and why would a team, bought by an owner with UT connections, get rid of orange?? Where is the contrast in copper and brown? That would be an awfully drab combination.

As one of those people, I'll say that the difference is that the Browns have one of the most striking color combinations in the league whereas the Indians have been artlessly vacillating between red and navy--sometimes in the same uniform set--for years while so many other teams have carved out effective and unique uses of the palette.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually people here who think its a good idea to change the Indians to brown and red too. It's not their team so why would they care about traditions?

There are a lot of teams in the MLB that need to change from the boring, generic navy/red color scheme, not just the Indians. That color scheme is beyond overused and doesn't even look that great. Brown and red would be unique and appealing. Plus they could sell that color scheme as a mix of the Browns (brown) and the Cavs and Ohio State (red).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There are actually people here who think its a good idea to change the Indians to brown and red too. It's not their team so why would they care about traditions?

There are a lot of teams in the MLB that need to change from the boring, generic navy/red color scheme, not just the Indians. That color scheme is beyond overused and doesn't even look that great. Brown and red would be unique and appealing. Plus they could sell that color scheme as a mix of the Browns (brown) and the Cavs and Ohio State (red).

Yes, except for that fact that the Indians have been wearing navy blue for all 112 years of their existence and red continuously since 1933 (not to mention as early as 1904).

6fQjS3M.png

Here is "What I would do". I sort of threw this together, so focus more on the design then quality.

browns-2.png

I actually like this a lot. Only change I'd make is brown numbers on the helmet instead of orange. As much as I love the plain orange helmets, I wouldn't complain if they adopted this look.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the all white uniform for this would look phenomenal.

T1oYViW.png

Big changes happening already!

brownsmarketing1.jpg

Ford sponsorship added to the practice jerseys!

How fitting they chose Ford, the most unreliable car company. Guess this year the Browns will be Found On Road Dead.

Ford has been one of the most reliable car makes for years. They've even beaten Toyota in some JD Power Reliability studies. Pay attention.

87Redskins.png

Yes, except for that fact that the Indians have been wearing navy blue for all 112 years of their existence and red continuously since 1933 (not to mention as early as 1904).

That may be so, but they're kind of the weak link among navy/red teams. They've gone through a succession of generic uniforms, they keep muddling their identity further and further, and half the world seems to hate their logo (I don't!). I just don't think they're untouchable. It's a shame they couldn't have been brown and red from the start.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

brownsmarketing1.jpg

How fitting they chose Ford, the most unreliable car company. Guess this year the Browns will be Found On Road Dead.

Ford has been one of the most reliable car makes for years. They've even beaten Toyota in some JD Power Reliability studies. Pay attention.

But... but... we learned that joke in fourth grade! How could it not be accurate?

Here is "What I would do". I sort of threw this together, so focus more on the design then quality.

browns-2.png

Put Brown numbers on the helmet and I like it. Though I'd like this more of a pseudo- one game throwback to the original white helmet uniforms. There's just no way I could realistically see the Browns in anything but an orange helmet.

70389454.png

Actually, I would like to see what the Browns uniform would look like if they changed the orange to rust.

Make this happen.

15565197_large.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

brownsmarketing1.jpg

But out of all the car companies, Ford has the highest number of recalled cars ever, this includes any recall in history.

spacer.png

So? The Red Sox have worn navy/red forever as well, but I'd still like to see them change to red/green.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

this thread is going to get chaotic. let me help it get started: identity is great as it is, no major changes needed. B/ball logo is great and orange pants suck

It is so gonna be Clevejacked.

You can't Clevejack something that's about the Browns to begin with.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Actually, I would like to see what the Browns uniform would look like if they changed the orange to rust.

Make this happen.

15565197_large.jpg

Duracell? Old Taylor Made? I think Harley ran into this issue with their 105th anniversary bike. It's a great color, but the Browns would surely become known as the 'coppertops' wearing helmets like that. I fear it might also diminish some of the contrast and visual impact their uniform has.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Make this happen.

15565197_large.jpg

I had an old vending machine sized helmet that had the browns helmet that color. Much more metallic.

70389454.png

Archived