NBC Broadcast Logo Sochi 2014

Pizzaman7294

Has anyone seen it yet? I thought they would put it in the preview for it at the end of the closing ceremonies of London.

Other than the regular one, I don't believe NBC has had their own designed for them yet.

SochiTransformer.jpg

Has anyone seen it yet? I thought they would put it in the preview for it at the end of the closing ceremonies of London.

Other than the regular one, I don't believe NBC has had their own designed for them yet.

SochiTransformer.jpg

Not sure where you got that one from, but this is the official 2014 logo:

608px-Sochi_2014_-_Logo.svg.png

I haven't seen NBC's version yet.

Every time I see that, I can't help but think just how terrible it is. Don't know where that logo with the leaves came from--it's not the bid logo--but it's very nice. A shame they decided to go with the train wreck they chose.

EDIT: Looks like it was a proposed logo that was obviously not used. The more I see it, the more fantastic I think it is.

(...even if there's an apostrophe catastrophe in their brief.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

SochiTransformer.jpg

That proposal logo is tenfold better than the official POS they have now. What ever happened to good Olympic logos?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

SochiTransformer.jpg

That proposal logo is tenfold better than the official POS they have now. What ever happened to good Olympic logos?

I'm pretty sure these are both official logos (one for the games and one for the site). Found the first one featured at many events in photos on the web.

TransformerBlue2.jpg

SochiTransformer.jpg

I'm pretty sure these are both official logos (one for the games and one for the site). Found the first one featured at many events in photos on the web.

TransformerBlue2.jpg

I'm 90% sure the .ru logo is the Olympic logo and the leaf logo was their bid logo.

According to the motherboard, this is Sochi's bid logo.

7059.gif

It's still better than the official logo, obviously. It seems that that's the way it is with recent Olympic logos.

6953.gif

Bid logo London 2012

z45p5xv1p54w1xe8si4ymuavi.gif

Official logo London 2012

6938.gif

Bid logo Torino 2006

6934.gif

Official logo Torino 2006

6937.gif

Bid logo Vancouver 2010

6936.gif

Official logo Vancouver 2010 (I actually don't mind the Vancouver 2010 logo as much as I mind London 2012 and Torino 2006, but I still think the bid logo is better)

Of course, the institution of bid logos was relatively recent (circa 2002), so there's still time for the Olympics to turn it around. Unfortunately, all of the bid logos for all of the cities bidding for the 2016 Olympics are better than the official logo.

spacer.png

SochiTransformer.jpg

They went to Rio.

Every time I see that, I can't help but think just how terrible it is. Don't know where that logo with the leaves came from--it's not the bid logo--but it's very nice. A shame they decided to go with the train wreck they chose.

EDIT: Looks like it was a proposed logo that was obviously not used. The more I see it, the more fantastic I think it is.

That proposed Sochi logo above looks like it would have been a great companion logo to the very well down 2016 Summer games logo that follows it. Shame they didn't go with it. That crappy website logo is instead an even worse display than the 2012 London logo.

That proposed Sochi logo above looks like it would have been a great companion logo to the very well down 2016 Summer games logo that follows it. Shame they didn't go with it. hat crappy website logo is instead an even worse display than the 2012 London logo.

Lets not be rash here. Lisa Simpson giving head (seriously, look at it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/provincialelitist/2012-olympics-logo-lisa-simpson-giving-bart-head-4t5 semiNSFW) is way worse than the Sochi website logo.

spacer.png

well for London, I never really even saw the official logo that much at all. Maybe that was just NBC trying to use their logo more, but even on the venue graphics and stuff like that, didnt really see it that much.

Yeah, I think after awhile the London organizational committee figured out what a travesty they had, and only put the official logo at center court at the handball arena and basketball arena (and maybe a few other places as well) while using the (IMO good) "London 2012" script more.

spacer.png

I'm with the NBC station in Atlanta, and no, we haven't seen a Sochi logo yet. I wouldn't expect one before the end of the year.

Archived