Does this mean that the Browns have orange and brown pants?

dawgofnature

From reading Tony Grossi, a reporter from the cleveland plain dealer, I get the feeling that the Browns have brown and orange pants as an option.

Tony Grossi

‏@TonyGrossi

"@metch33 Will Browns wear orange or browns pants this year now that JH is owner?//Pants may be changed from game to game, but not expected.

He also said "Uniform preferences for the current season have to be forwarded to the NFL office sometime in June, and the Browns submitted them. The team previously decided not to have an alternate uniform for 2012, though it will alternate a brown-on-white look with white-on-white at home games. (They have no control over road games.) Any changes Jimmy Haslam may consider would not go into effect until the 2013 season. Now, pants can be changed without league approval, so if they want to stun everybody with orange or brown pants, they could do it"

So that means Browns do have orange and brown pants, they don't use them??

Yeah, they've had orange pants on hand, unless the Nike switch wiped out everyone's old inventory. Remember how the Redskins repurposed the yellow pants from a throwback a few years ago?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, they've had orange pants on hand, unless the Nike switch wiped out everyone's old inventory. Remember how the Redskins repurposed the yellow pants from a throwback a few years ago?

Colored pants, beside the Vikes, should be embraced league wide.

From reading Tony Grossi, a reporter from the cleveland plain dealer, I get the feeling that the Browns have brown and orange pants as an option.

Tony Grossi

‏@TonyGrossi

"@metch33 Will Browns wear orange or browns pants this year now that JH is owner?//Pants may be changed from game to game, but not expected.

He also said "Uniform preferences for the current season have to be forwarded to the NFL office sometime in June, and the Browns submitted them. The team previously decided not to have an alternate uniform for 2012, though it will alternate a brown-on-white look with white-on-white at home games. (They have no control over road games.) Any changes Jimmy Haslam may consider would not go into effect until the 2013 season. Now, pants can be changed without league approval, so if they want to stun everybody with orange or brown pants, they could do it"

So that means Browns do have orange and brown pants, they don't use them??

There are no orange nor brown pants in the teams official 2012 style guides.

That said it doesn't mean they don't exist. Some teams keep things so under wraps they don't include them in the style guides that are given to licencors.

The Seahawks' lime green jersey for example was not in the styles guides the season it debuted.

I personally doubt that we see anything other than the white pants for the Browns this season.

In my years of dealing with the NFL and having access to the yearly style guides there are a few things I have learned.

1. Just b/c something is in the style guide doesn’t mean that it will ever be worn

2. Just b/c it is in the style guide doesn’t mean it is correct (take that one version of the Bills socks last season that were never seen in real life)

3. Just b/c it isn’t in the style guide doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist (The Redskins throwbacks this year are a great example… we all have seen them and know they are real but they aren’t in the 2012 style guide)

In my years of dealing with the NFL and having access to the yearly style guides there are a few things I have learned.

1. Just b/c something is in the style guide doesn't mean that it will ever be worn

2. Just b/c it is in the style guide doesn't mean it is correct (take that one version of the Bills socks last season that were never seen in real life)

3. Just b/c it isn't in the style guide doesn't mean it doesn't exist (The Redskins throwbacks this year are a great example… we all have seen them and know they are real but they aren't in the 2012 style guide)

I'm really beginning to seriously doubt that the Bills play in those blue away pants this season.

They're totally toying with all the fans who overwhelmingly want to see them. :evil:

Buffalo lost EVERY game wearing white on white last season, including preseason, with the exception of the season opener at Kansas City.

I'd much rather see them paired with the White jersey:

2485724displayimage.jpg

Looked much better than it did with the brown jersey.

107453_crop_340x234.jpg

Not that that looks bad, it looks good too.

I agree fully ... dunno why they won't do the orange pants with at least the white jerseys.

Their all-white is one of the most boring looks in the entire NFL.

White mask looks better than the gray on them ....

The brown pants, no ........ not even if they were to add stripes to 'em

I'd much rather see them paired with the White jersey:

2485724displayimage.jpg

Looked much better than it did with the brown jersey.

107453_crop_340x234.jpg

Not that that looks bad, it looks good too.

Would it honestly kill them to actually wear Orange pants? It's an awesome look.

I don't understand why they don't wear them, fans love the orange pants. They won't be wearing them this season but hopefully in the future. Since the most recent uniform tweak, the whole thinking has been to stay with Jim Brown-era uniforms. All white, darker brown...but all contradicted by the random use of brown pants. They had never used brown pants before, to my knowledge, and even though I liked them. I've always been a fan of variety. All white is way too dull, and always wearing white pants can get old. Brown pants with stripes, orange pants and even an orange jersey can help make the identity more exciting.

Brown over white at home. White over orange at home. They can switch it up and wear orange at home or white on the road, but only for a couple games. That would be one of the best looks in the NFL.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Simple style guide for the Cleveland Browns. Orange logo-less helmet, Brown jerseys, White pants, Brown striped socks. Orange logo-less helmet, White jerseys, White pants, White striped socks. Not difficult to understand. End of discussion. :rolleyes:

Co-signed 100%. Looking good today, at least sartorially. I think any quarterback on any roster in the league would have won that game today based on the performance of the Browns' defense/Eagles' offense.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived